Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Hank is just under 7 months old and he came home from the park last week with a limp. It is his front left leg. He won't put any weight on it, but I can't find anything wrong with it. i have tried to find a sore spot from his nails all the way up to his shoulder, but he seems to feel no pain. It has been about 10 days.

Nothing happened at the park. We threw the ball for about 30 minutes and he was fine. He can still run on it like there is nothing wrong, but when he goes back to walking he starts to limp again.

Any ideas?

BTW, I have picked up a ton of good info around here. This is the place I go to determine if hank is crazy or just a puppy. Thanks!

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
I would have him checked by a vet. It could be shoulder, elbow, paw, or a number of other things? Either way it obviously hurts so he needs additional attention and possible medication. Ps welcome! & we love pictures :)

·
K Rock
2 Posts
Koota, my 7month old dob has the same problem, vet said its fluid on his elbow, medication hasn't worked so the fella got to get it taken out with needle. Vet said probably sprained it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Torque did this but with a hind leg. I took him to the vet and they said it was growing pains. Gave me some pain meds and he was fine in a day or so. But for sure go have it checked out because if he was running around it might be that he pulled something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts