Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my girl since she was 10wks old and I have only heard her bark once. I was wondering if this is normal? I have not had a pet in over 8yrs and can't remember the puppy phase..

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Some bark some don't, not all puppies are vocal as youngins or as adults.
My girl is the mouthiest biggest talker now, but until she was about a year she wasn't much of a barker. Her extended family is talkers and non, mostly the later, and one of her cousins in particular only ever barks, when it isn't her turn at agility class and her breeder is running with another dog. :)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Dreizehn is not a big barker unless somebody knocks at the door. I don't think I heard him bark more than once or twice until he was 5ish months old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just found it kind of odd that she was not a barker, I hope it continues as an adult.:D she is really laid back and not too jumpy so I guess it's just her personality..

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine is almost 1 1/2 years and she makes lots of strange sounds but I can't honestly say that I ever heard her bark fully....sometimes she "yeps" at other dogs to play but hardly barks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts