Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, the joys of puppy training.

Took Java for a walk just a little after dark tonight, just around the block (it's a good neighborhood, so evening walks happen a lot). We're working on loose-leash walking, and just as I reached down to give him a kibble for staying nicely by my side, he rather overzealously opened his mouth to reach up and meet my hand (over-compensating due to it being dark outside, he's normally much gentler), and his whole. entire. canine. tooth. went under my thumbnail. His pointy, needle-like baby tooth. Under my poor, tender nail. About 1/3 of the length of my entire nail bed had a blood-filled line through it, where his tooth went.

:eek: :censored2:

Holy Toledo. That hurts.

·
Da Boss
3,488 Posts
Ouchie! That made me cringe!

·
Got mutt?
13,818 Posts
Ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
lol Funny how the seemingly smaller injuries hurt the worst ! paper cuts, slivers .. tooth under the fingernail :p

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Oh that is gonna sting for some time. Both physically and mentally.

But look at it from his point of view, there he was reaching up for a nice morsel of kibble and wham you stick you blooming great big digit in his mouth and what's more trap his poor little tutty peg (tooth) under your thumb nail. It is enough to give a poor pup nightmares. .

Bad human.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for feeling my pain with me, guys. It looks pretty gnarly today. DF is razzing me that I'm gonna lose my thumbnail. Little sucker's lucky I adore him. :lol2:

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
You have just successfully passed LEVEL #1 in the ever popular "Doberman Ouch" reality game (and you navigated that LEVEL with quite a bit of flair and origonality I might add)!
Congratulations!!!!!!​
LEVEL #2 usually involves such injuries as bruised shins or black eyes. In LEVEL #3 it gets really exciting and you often get the chance to avail yourself of certain medical services (think broken nose from accidental head butt, fractured tailbone from knockdown on pavement, etc.). Oh, the JOY of owning a Doberman!!! Keep us posted as you progress through the LEVELS!

·
sandy2233
2,472 Posts
Man, that's the kind of ouch that usually goes to between your knees and you hope you don't pee your pants. We'll wait for the split lip from a nose bump or a bloody nose from same also.

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Ouch!!!!! I'm so glad that Maui doesn't have those sharp little puppy teeth anymore. I got punctured more than I care to count. Now that she has her adult teeth, I have more bruises on my arms. She does get a little to crazy when we wrestle, so I have to bring her down, tell her "No bite, that hurts", then she sits and licks my arm as if to say "I'm sorry Mom"

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have just successfully passed LEVEL #1 in the ever popular "Doberman Ouch" reality game (and you navigated that LEVEL with quite a bit of flair and origonality I might add)!
Congratulations!!!!!!​
LEVEL #2 usually involves such injuries as bruised shins or black eyes. In LEVEL #3 it gets really exciting and you often get the chance to avail yourself of certain medical services (think broken nose from accidental head butt, fractured tailbone from knockdown on pavement, etc.). Oh, the JOY of owning a Doberman!!! Keep us posted as you progress through the LEVELS!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Well, now I feel so accomplished! Here's to all of the injuries yet to come.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts