Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little angel gets extremely excited when she sees the Mrs and cant help but relief herself, even when taken out seconds before wife comes home. My next initiative will be to make her greet wife outside, any thoughts/suggests? thank you

·
Registered
793 Posts
Our eskie did that for up until about a year old, best advice is to NOT make a fuss when you come in. Acknowledge her but I wouldn't even pet her. When you come home just carry on as normal and once she's calmed down, then pet her but not when you first walk in. They are puppies, they really can't control themselves sometimes at this age. It is an age thing and they do grow out of it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I feel your pain. Sadie used to do this when she was about that age. She would come in from her potty break and play with the other dogs and leave a long trail of it - very hard to clean up!! She did grow out of it, but it's aggravating for sure!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I to would also have your wife just ignore her when she comes threw the door. Once she has settled have your wife sit down and greet her in a quiet way.

Reactions: MeadowCat and Adara

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Our Aussie Gin did this for the first year of her life or thereabout. I had her greet everyone outside so when she tinkled a little in excitment it was outside. She never did it for me but always for hubby and the boys. When they came home from school I would make them wait and then say hi to Gin first in the backyard or front porch, hubby too. I also had them do a quick pat nothing real sappy because it would make her worse. She got over it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is helpful, we have been dealing with the same issue between our girl Piper and my husband as well as greeting other guests. We have done like Lori Z with guests and have her greet them outside in the yard to prevent indoor messes near the kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts