Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
I'm new to this forum.
I need suggestions regarding food for my doberman boy.
Currently he is on Drools focus dry food.
Can anyone suggest good dry food for my dog which makes him healthy built muscles and shiny hairs, sorry if my needs is too much, this is because he will be soon in dogshow.

Many Thanks,
Myself behalf of Caesar

·
Super Moderator
21,687 Posts
You'll get a huge variety of answers here. The answer is whatever food your dog does best on - there's no one "best" food for all dogs. Look for a good quality food that your dog responds well to.

I've personally fed quite a few different foods and my dogs have done well on many. I raised two puppies on Orijen large breed puppy formula and they did very well on it. Many breeders feed Proplan and swear by it. It really depends on your dog.

Reactions: Artemis

·
Registered
895 Posts
Any high quality grain free kibble can work, assuming your pup doesn't have allergies to any of the ingredients. As MC said, what works for one person's dog may not for another. I raised my boy on Earthborn, but he is currently on Merrick grain-free.

The best way to build muscle/have a healthy coat (esp in such a young puppy) is to follow an excellent parasite control program. Worms= poor hair coat,poor growth and lack of proper development. So, make sure your vet is doing regular fecal examinations to prevent that problem.

Am guessing you are in India? I looked at the food you are using, and it appears to be one that should be fine to feed. Adjust feeding amounts as needed based on your puppy's body condition (if you are unsure how to tell- good photos shared with the membership here can help).

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
based on the food brand you're feeding, it sounds like you're in India? what do you have available there?

·
Got mutt?
13,764 Posts
based on the food brand you're feeding, it sounds like you're in India? what do you have available there?
Based on the ingredients and guaranteed analysis (which isn't as thorough as it is in the US) it looks pretty decent. It would be nice to be able to compare it to your other options, though.

Also, you might want to switch to the adult formula in a couple of months, since feeding regular puppy food to larger breeds can sometimes cause problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts