Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Panzer's ears were posted at 8 wks and they are already standing nicely at 3 months old. Only one month of posting. Since they are doing so well, I plan to take them down August 1st and see how they last through the day. However, might it be too soon to quit posting? I've seen several dobes who were cropped at 8 wks and their ears still flop at 7-8 months. Panzer's are rigid when alert, yet flexible when I clean them. When he's relaxing they go sideways or back, but always straight up when he focuses. Sounds like a normal range of mobility for a cropped dobe.
Do any of you think he's finished?
(Will attach picture- this was from his first two weeks of posting. His ears are even better shaped now)

20130530_141057.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
They're standing okay, but they still look floppy. As they should, given that he's only 12 weeks old! You are not off the hook, and you will likely not be off the hook in August. ;) Count on posting until he's at least 6 months old.

If you take them down to see how they do, you need to be ready to post them again as soon as they start to droop. If you don't, you may be buying yourself extra posting time at the end.

·
Registered
397 Posts
still too 'soft'.

looking good though.
I also think they're too 'soft'. If I were you, even though they look like they're coming along really well, I'd be posting them until 5-6 months, whenever he is done teething just to make sure. You wouldn't want all your hard work to go to waste!

Cute pup too ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts