Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this maybe is kinda dopey!! I was on another forum where they did this, I though it was kinda cool, a way to open up and be our goofy selves with others!!!

So what's are you scared of??????? (however irrational the phobia!!!!!!)

1. Bees (can't even sit still and play it cool!) I think I would actually drive off the road if one was in the car with me...... Okay now no one will ever come to geauga county for fear that I am driving!!)

2. Drowning ( won;t catch me in a pool deeper that 3 feet!! My hubby was a navy seal in his younger days, and always wants to go out on the lake, FORGET IT!! For one I can't swim, for two I can't stand not to see what is under me (jaws!!!!) Yeah I know jaws doesn't live in Lake Erie, but I JUST DON"T CARE!! He thinks I'm such a dork!!)

3. Things that go bump in the night.... I'm such a scary movies addict, but then I don't sleep for nights on end!! I recently watched Boogeyman and made Tom shut all the closet doors (and check them while he was at it) in the house before I could sleep. And The Grudge.....FORGET IT I DIDN"T SLEEP RIGHT FOR WEEKS!! Now I'm not a total dimwit, I know these things don't exist, and I tell my self, even if they did, they wait till I watch a movie about them to come snatch me out of my bed???? But late at night, that overactive imagination hears everything and then some!!! Good thing I have a doberman to protect me!! Yeah right, she'd go back to sleep and tell the wolfman "go ahead eat her, just put some food in my dish before you go....."

Okay I embarrassed myself!! Your turn!! :3dbiggrin :3dbiggrin :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
265 Posts
im skeered of..........

SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol course ive gotten used to the small ones i will smoosh them but any bigger than the size of a pencil eraser n i yell for hubby lol and Grandaddy long legs are the worse!

and one of my biggest fears is somethin happenin to one of my kids.........but im sure thats every moms nightmare....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Okay mine are really really stupid!!!

1) Driving a car. I refused to get my drivers license until I was 20 years old. Why because I am afraid to drive. I can't control people on the road and I can't watch every car. If I get into traffic and I am driving I start to have a panic attack! If I am riding with someone else and they are in a lot of traffic I start to have a panic attack as well. Growing up I was in over 20 accidents (none of which I was driving in) and that has scared me for life pretty much.

2) Spiders. If you put a spider within a foot of me I scream. I wont even kill them because I am afraid I will miss and they will climb on me. I taught my cat to get the spider. :sobbing:

3) Scary movies. If I watch a scray movie I will not sleep right for a week. I know it isn't real but just the thought of every thing I seen freaks me right out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
1)Germs - This is a huge one. I used to shower for hours, wash until my skin was raw/bleeding, and was stuck in the house for like 3 years. King helped me get out of the hosue and interact with people. That is the main reason i got a dobe when i did.

2)heights - Ok, i have an irration fear of heights. its pretty bad. When the railing on my patio was being repainted, i would not even go on the patio.

3)Women - I get so shy around women and say stupid stuff. Once there was this hot chick that i liked and instead of saying "how are you?" i said, "how you?"
lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dinosaurs. I am soo serioues too! Juarassic park is the scariest movie ever! I was outside one night walking my bf to hi car and there had bene an ice storm adn a bunch of trees came down and I turned running to the garage cloosed the door and left him standing there. I'm brilliant I swear :haha:

I am so scared of going off a bridge. I always had a dream when I was little were I was on the golden gate and the car just drifts off and I'm falling. I swear i must have died that way in a past life(but it won't happne in this one,I refuse to go there!)

Its kinda gross but I worry about getting my throat or neck slit or broken etc. It may sound dumb but some kids four wheeling by my house when I was little died when they hit a wire someone strung up. One has scars all over his face.Can't say what heppened to the other one :eek2: the one that lived turned out to be my bfs cousin. Happened to some guy in amherst right downtown too. He was on a motorcycle. His brother lives across the street from my dad. that guy went to jail that put the string across. I don't know about the one that kille dthe kids. When I would ride my horse on the trails I would make sure if I went fast that I had my head down farther than theres or that I was ready to jump off if I saw something.

Of course I have a ton others but thats the top of the list. I am a huge scardy cat and everyone always yells at me for momming them! If I see someone with their shoes untied I freak and tell them they could triop and die. I get soem stupid looks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
TomAndKing said:
1)Germs - This is a huge one. I used to shower for hours, wash until my skin was raw/bleeding, and was stuck in the house for like 3 years. King helped me get out of the hosue and interact with people. That is the main reason i got a dobe when i did.
That's me. I am not as bad but I hate germs. If someone even so much as looks at my fork I have to get a new one. If someone eats off of my fork with out me knowing and then tells me after I ate off of it I go brush my teeth for a good 5 minutes. Ewww they just drive me crazy. So I guess that is one of my phobias too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
you'd die around here then! My bf shares the fork with the dog all the time! It grosses me out. He keeps saying there mouth is cleaner but I've seen him eat some questionable stuff. I guess its their bonding though :haha:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geez, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only goofy that gets scared of movies!! My hubby took me catfish fishing at night a few months ago and we had to walk through a small section of woods, yeah if I wasn't practically climbing on top of him everytime I heard a noise! The bed is positioned so it is away from the window and the bedroom door, hey, if something gets in it's eating him while I get away!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
TomAndKing said:

2)heights - Ok, i have an irration fear of heights. its pretty bad. When the railing on my patio was being repainted, i would not even go on the patio.

3)Women - I get so shy around women and say stupid stuff. Once there was this hot chick that i liked and instead of saying "how are you?" i said, "how you?"
lol

dude hahaha thats the funniest thing ever

well im terrified of sharks, and i live in TN lol, i will go in the ocean, and ill go deep in it, but man I HATE sharks, if i see them on TV or a video game i just about freeze

Zombies lol, i watched Night of the Living Dead like 5 or 6 years ago ( i love scary movies) and i swear i had bad dreams for 2 years, anytime i saw an open field i would vision these zombies walking slowly up to the house, freaked me out

my parents dying, will be the saddest time in my life

·
Registered
460 Posts
1. Human blood. I can't stand the site of it. I can watch surgery on an animal all day long but seeing one drop of human blood makes my stomach turn. Blah! :vomit-smi

2. Being the victim of an assault. I know that's a weird phobia but I am terrified of being attack, robbed or raped. I break out in a cold sweat if I'm in a situation where I'm alone and vulnerable. I seriously think this is another reason why I love Dobies so much- I feel so safe when mine is around!

3. Death. Not mine espcially but someone I love. I don't even want to get into details because just a brief thought can put me in a downward spiral.

I used to be scared of spiders but I've gotten over that for the most part. I can deal with them as long as they aren't the type that jumps. Ewwww....

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
1. Moths and butterflies (yes I know, but I did see this thing on the discovery channel about a vampiric moth somewhere so maybe I'm not so irrational :) )

2. Fish in general but large aquariums specifically... What if the glass were to break? I'm thinking those fish are pretty po'd and given the opportunity they could do serious damage. Did I mention that I'm scuba dive certified? that's what is irrational folks :)

3. Fire

·
Registered
265 Posts
ugh jumpin spiders lol read that gave me shivers just thinkin bout it... lol esp if ur getin ready to smoosh one n it turns around n jumps at ya AHHHHHHHHHHHH :( lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
ugh jumpin spiders lol read that gave me shivers just thinkin bout it... lol esp if ur getin ready to smoosh one n it turns around n jumps at ya AHHHHHHHHHHHH lol
Ugh, last night I was by myself and there was a jumper in my bedroom. I would never have been able to sleep in there so I smooshed it with a shoe and ran out of the room like a pansy. :eek11: I'm such a whimp.

·
Registered
232 Posts
TracyJo said:
1. Moths and butterflies (yes I know, but I did see this thing on the discovery channel about a vampiric moth somewhere so maybe I'm not so irrational :) )

2. Fish in general but large aquariums specifically... What if the glass were to break? I'm thinking those fish are pretty po'd and given the opportunity they could do serious damage. Did I mention that I'm scuba dive certified? that's what is irrational folks :)

3. Fire

lmao exactly what i think at the aquarium lol

speaking of jumping spiders, i was at my sisters house and there was a HUGE :eek2: Brown Recluse on the florr, i grabbed my nephews shoe, the smallest in the house lol, and contemplated on hitting him, but i was like this shoe is small what if i missed lol, well i swung the hell out of that show bam hit him but his body popped up like 4 feet in the air and everyone jumped back, and i was like o ****, so i started hammering him with the little show lol

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TracyJo said:

Hehhhhehhehhe :3dbiggrin Now that's funny!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know what ya mean..Hubby says i have spider radar..i can b layin in bed room dark n illjump up n turn on light n smoosh a spider..he syas how the he** did u see that thing lol i have trouble sleepin fi ive killed one in my BR lol i get all paranoid...thinkin ones gonna come down on me on it lil web lol

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Tracy,
I also have that problem... What if his (the spiders) brothers saw what I just did? Will they seek revenge?
And back to the fish thing... I honestly have trouble sitting on the pot after a dearly departed pet fish has been sent to his watery grave... What if he wasn't really dead? What if he swims back up the drain? There have been stories of snakes doing that...
Thanx alot Lexus for bringing this up, now I KNOW I need medication LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts