Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can come up with a few ideas, we got Sasha (our first dobie) just over a week ago from a rescue center (Her previous family took her on holiday to give her up to the rescue center)

Like i said, she has a few issues, she needs re-trainning in commands which is not an issue for us, she pulls like a train on the lead but we are making progress with her, the one we are struggling with is this, she has an issue with other dogs (and other animals to be honest!) we suspect that she was never properly socalised with other dogs and animals, we lso suspect that the issue is a combanation of her being over excited when she sees them and her getting over protective. She does not react to smells, pictures or animals on tv, its only in real life on walks, or in the car, that she reacts.

and hints, tips or ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
This is something a professional should do. You need to find someone who can evaluate her ( if it's fear based, barrier frustration) and take you and her through the steps. In the mean time, since you say she doesn't have great leash manners (pulling) I would strongly suggest you purchase a basket muzzle, accustom her to it (she doesn't accociate it with negative) and put it on her when she is out in public.

The last thing you want is for her to lunge at another dog and making contact :(

·
Super Moderator
22,014 Posts
You definitely need a professional to help you with this.

Reactions: Adara
1 - 3 of 3 Posts