Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I suppose I will post this here as it is about dobes partly. Thought I'd post some pictures of what I've been up to dog-wise recently. I did two more adoption events for my local shelter as well as two more transports. Also took Strike to the park and the beach a few times but I figured those pics would get repetetive and starting a bunch of threads so I just waited to post 'em all at once. I'll post them in the order they took place.

Here are some pictures of Strike at the park. There was a nice sized little lake from the rain the night before.

The I let him go on the playground.

Its been a while since my last vid, so I made another one including shots from the beach. Youtube makes it hard to see tho so smaller screen might be better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7qUBLy6ls

Last saturday, a very successful adoption event. I took an AWSOME GSD. He was sooo super calm and relaxed. Never once pulled on the leash and very dog and people friendly. His name was "big boy" and he was def very tall. He got adopted the next day.

The day after was my second transport. The world's fattest doberman- distustingly overweight. This is neglect. 120lbs when he should have been 80. 40lbs of fat. I cant imagine what that must be doing to his hips, much less his heart!!!! and he was about 8 years old and needs surgery but they cant do it until his weight is down. Im not kidding you his body was like a square... looked like he swallowed another doberman! I drove him to his fostermom on Sunday and this friday she adopted him!!!
I'll spare you the pictures of the rest of his body.

Max, AKA "Maximum Overload"

Then on Wednesday it was another adoption event and again I spent time with GSD's. These two are brother and sister who spent there whole lives so far (they are 3) in a backyard. They are skinny and filthy but sweet. They must be adopted together because they literally cant even be 10 feet away from eachother. Its gonna be hard to find someone to adopt them, but every other dog we've taken an event this summer has been adopted, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

Lady

G-Man

And today, my 3rd dobe transport. A red girl who was probably used a puppy maker. Very sweet girl, wish I could of kept her!

Soleil (pronounced So-lay)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks for posting the fun pictures. The rescue kids look like they are very in happy while in your transport. Keep up the good work!!!

Robin and Rex

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They sleep when they are content and feel safe, so that is nice. You are doing a great job!
Oh didnt even think of that. She was streched out in the back seat, it was so cute too. thanks again!
What a great thing you are doing. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much BiB, it means a lot!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You are a saint. There are going to be special places for you in doggie heaven. Loved all the pics and loved the happy endings. Let us know about the 2 shepperds.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
What amazing work you are doing. If you were my child I'd be beyond proud of you! All this good can only equal a wonderful life for a very special person.

Carol
oxoxo

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
keep up the great work with rescue!
(though in my morbid curiosity, I do want to see pics of the blimperman!)

Reactions: bleh60

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awwww glad you helped out so many dogs! Its so nice to see good being done and its especially nice that we get to see their faces! :)

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures and the work you do with rescue!!

Reactions: bleh60

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you all so much. You words of encouragement help me to continue to do it and yes, their happy faces make it all the more worth while.:biggthump I am glad you all enjoy the pictures.
You are a saint. There are going to be special places for you in doggie heaven. Loved all the pics and loved the happy endings. Let us know about the 2 shepperds.
Thank you, I will be sure and let you know what I hear about the shepherds.
keep up the great work with rescue!
(though in my morbid curiosity, I do want to see pics of the blimperman!)
Haha! If you really want to see him, go check out Ildoberescue.com. The picture on the right was taken just before I put him in my car after he'd already lost 5 lbs.

Thanks again everyone, I read all of your comments and it means so much!:peace:

·
Registered
463 Posts
You are doing a great service and I admire your commitment. There should be more people like you in this world. Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
This is great work you are doing for the dogs AND great experience for you as well. You learn so much in rescue - I know I have. When it was time to look for a well bred Doberman, the rescue experience helped so much AND did make a positive impression on any breeder who was worth looking into.

The good karma you are building up will come back to you - I truly believe that :)

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are doing a great service and I admire your commitment. There should be more people like you in this world. Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much Tinyfxds. I wish there were more giving people in this world too. In addition to helping the animals, I also hope to inspire others.

This is great work you are doing for the dogs AND great experience for you as well. You learn so much in rescue - I know I have. When it was time to look for a well bred Doberman, the rescue experience helped so much AND did make a positive impression on any breeder who was worth looking into.

The good karma you are building up will come back to you - I truly believe that :)
Thanks a lot Velma! Didn't even think about the breeder part. That will be a good thing too. I know there is so much you can learn in rescue. The power of animals is truely amazing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts