Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone...the April 2022 theme is Smiling Dobes!

Also, please note we have placed a "sticky" in this forum with the themes for each month for 2022. This will give everyone a chance to get prepared with their photos!

PLEASE NOTE THESE CHANGES TO THE CONTEST RULES:
Submissions will be open for the next 10 days (until April 17th, 2021 5:00 P.M. EST.) To enter, simply embed your photo in your post as a response to this thread. Also, we will be allowing people who win in one month to also enter and win in another month. So you will have two chances throughout the year to enter your photos!

Size of photos to submit in this thread MUST BE 640 x480 or less.

However, the original picture must be approx 3000 x 2000 pixels to enable it
to be large enough to print full size on the calendar. It must also be your own photograph. If you need help resizing or posting your image, contact a moderator and someone will help you.

These pictures will then be voted on by the Dobermantalk members by way of a poll and the photo with the greatest amount of votes will be the winner. The poll will be posted for 5 days only.

One entry only per member.

Again, please re-size your photo to the appropriate dimensions before posting it. We have had some complaints about large photographs being posted and we need to keep it to a standard in order to be fair for everyone. If you need help resizing a photo or posting it please don't hesitate to PM a moderator.

Let's see those great photos!

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Jezebel is a huge smiler, but I've never been able to capture it on film. Ah well.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sadly, I have no Doberman smilers. Wish I did. Thinking maybe it's me and I don't smile enough.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,284 Posts
Dobe smilers can be dangerous. My Katana was a big smiler--she would smile to greet me every time I came in the door and I would smile back. One day she did a little bounce as I leaned over to pet her (you KNOW how they do), and our teeth collided.

Dobe teeth are stronger than human teeth.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I took this of " The " Warrior Princess smiling back at me as I gave her belly rubs , This was hard to do - as I was rubbing her - had to turn on the camera , then try to get it close to pull the trigger - The picture is not good enough in focus to make the calendar - but wanted to post something up , Maybe I can get a better one in time for his month - she a smiler ,Ali - now there was a happy Dober - she smiled all the time - I must be a learned behavior , lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yowie, Fitzmar. :)
It never fails to make me laugh - I have another one very similar from the same day.... always hard to choose which one makes me laugh more. I think these were taken in 2018 - Harvard was 10 and Jezebel was 6..... Mabel was tooling along somewhere.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
4,039 Posts
This is Mocha's happy smile

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,606 Posts

I don't think it would be good enough resolution for the calendar but here is an oldie of Coco. She loved to smile and I definitely miss that. She would smile so much she made herself sneeze!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,493 Posts
Oh, so THAT kind of Dober Smiling is also permitted?

"HA HA HA, What a FUNNY JOKE, Eva!" ;)
(Not an entry)

Post editing here- to add my all-time favorite picture of our boy, Spock as an entry:
This was his smile that captured the essence of his high-spirited, slightly mischievous, Doberman personality in one photo. (as 3 y/o having fun during family pool time)

Spock - A Puppy Spirit His Whole Life!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts