Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

2013 Dobermantalk Calendar June Top 10 - Vote Now!

Votes: 44 24.2%

Votes: 12 6.6%

Votes: 9 4.9%

Votes: 18 9.9%

Votes: 4 2.2%

Votes: 22 12.1%

Votes: 10 5.5%

Votes: 45 24.7%

Votes: 12 6.6%

Votes: 6 3.3%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a lot of wonderful photos entered this month, so thanks again to all who participated. Here are the top 10 photos- please cast your vote for your favorite. Voting will be open for 5 days only, and just as a reminder it is only open to current DT members. (so your friends may not create an account on here for the sole purpose of voting). We are just trying to keep it fair for everyone. Thanks.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
THey are so adorable, it was so hard.
Number 1, got my gut instinct, because of the look and the happiness. It might be the winner, considering the votes already.

I ended up voting for Number 8, as I liked the Symbolism and it being black and white.

They are all winners, but this aint T-Ball. lol

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Had to vote for #1. The expression is just so sweet, and I'm a sucker for the zipper nose. My boy has one too. #8 was a close, close second, though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just love, love, love #1. I knew she would get my vote the first time I saw that picture. She's just the quintessential rescue. The "unwanted", crop n flop and all. But the look on her face just speaks to my heart. She went from unwanted, to the picture of happiness and contentment. And the zipper face. Love. It.

I love all these rescues, and hope to join the ranks someday. Thanks to all of you who brought these special, special dobes into your homes and hearts. It's so awesome to see these happy faces in the calendar contest this month.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
These are all winners, they all got great homes and a 2nd chance. The pictures say so much and their stories are unbelievable. It's amazing a dog could go through what some of them have and still be smiling.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
The more and more, I look at Number 8, the more I like it.
It would be exceptionally cool, if the Dobe had it's colors while everything was black and white.
Personally, I see the picture as fitting for the theme, becames of it's many perceptions.
1. Sometimes, everything is not black and white.
2. Some Rescues (not saying all,), have had their owners back turned on them, an insult to a dog.
3. The training aid, shows there is hope for rehabilation.
I could go on and on....

I will contact the owner, and ask for permission to reprint it for myself, as I would like it hanging on the my wall.

I will never know the faith of my previous dobes, Kaiser and Lady, due to the selfish act of my Ex Spouse. I can only pray, that they made it to a Rescue and a loving home. ...
I often speak of them on here, in hopes some day, their rescue'ers, pipe up and say they had taken care of my dogs. I hope the tears I am shedding now and all the oceans of tears I have in the past, has made it to the Rainbow Bridge and they know how i feel.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I havent' voted yet.. I need to study, cry and compare.. My heart belongs to #8. It shows this very courageous and regal rescue leaning into his owner.. rescuing him right back.. Number 1 is so joyful and ," who-gives-a damn-I've-got-my-fur-ever-home." I love #5: The Trusting Trio, and triple blessings to you who loved them so. #2 melts my heart with that soulful. " I love you look".. There are all the others.. great compositions, ( not to mention subject matter) and how I wish they could all be featured. Good luck to all, it's an emotional time and so difficult to chose.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I finally voted...on B&W #8.
- the dober loyalty & visual loving bond, with the adult element & the leaning into his back...did it for me
- the hill top was wide open & vast, no matter to the rescue...just beside my master, will do nicely...all day long
Hated to make a hard choice, though...best of luck to all.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Ok, the owner of Number 8 was so kind to send me the pics. It is also in color too and I want to keep the dobe colors, anyone suggest a good program, to help me do this quickly, so i can get it printed?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I want to vote for No. 1 after watching her video; I want to vote for Nos. 2, 4, & 9 because I love reds; I want to vote for the alertness of No. 3; the beautiful color and playfulness of No. 10; I want No. 5 for the kindness in each of their faces; Nos. 6 & 7 are beautiful Dobes--how could anyone give them up.

I went with No. 8 because this looks like a proud "velcro" Doberman who, given a second chance, will give way more than ever asked of him. I love how he's leaning on his owner.

I have a new-found respect for every single owner who has a rescue and entered their photo. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts