Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, go to this link, someone is selling 2 dobermans in Charlotte, do these pictures look familiar to anyone?

2 Doberman Pinchers black and tan

And yes, that would be MY dogs...MY pictures...someone is using pictures of my dogs on craigslist to list their dogs for sale....OK IM PISSED!!

What can I do about this - thank goodness someone on here sent me this link today!!

I have tried contacting these people and telling them Im interested and trying to get them to contact me but so far, Ive heard nothing??

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Craigslist is FULL of scammers. They steal pics online and scam people into sending them money. One of my friends has her house listed for sale with a realtor. A scammer stole the pics and listing info and listed it on craigslist as a rental. It's ridiculous what some people will do these days :( Contact craigslist but I think the idea of acting like an interested buyer is a good one. I hope you can catch those jerks

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Wow, lots of weird details in that ad, for a scammer. Decent grammar, too, which usually isn't the case with those types.

Let us know when you get the info saved/printed, and we'll be glad to flag it down for you.

Takes a few different IPs to flag an ad down, but should be no problem with DT on the case :p

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sounds like the want to do a home visit. I'm guessing that once inside someone's home the thieves will ransack the residence steal their money and hopefully nothing more. Too many trusting people will fall victim and gosh only knows if a female responds and is home alone. Only terrible things will happen.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Wow, lots of weird details in that ad, for a scammer. Decent grammar, too, which usually isn't the case with those types.

Let us know when you get the info saved/printed, and we'll be glad to flag it down for you.

Takes a few different IPs to flag an ad down, but should be no problem with DT on the case :p
Like who spells "conformation" right.....pretty weird...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did report it to craigslist about an hour ago but haven't heard anything yet. Thats a good idea to print it out but my Internet is down right now and I can't...if someone can print it for me and scan it, would be awesome, I can get it sent to me in the morning at work. I'm on my iPad right now and can't print from here. Thanks everyone for your help!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, something is spooky about this ad..alot of weird detail.....I have sent a message from 2 different email addresses and heard nothing yet...someone else willing to try?

Reactions: Sherryh

·
formerly known as moona
1,461 Posts
That is so creepy. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

Here's a cool iPad thing (works on the phone too) - when you press the top power button and the home button (on the front) - it takes a picture of what's on your screen. I just took a pic of the ad, if you'd like me to email it to you, just send me a PM :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is so creepy. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

Here's a cool iPad thing (works on the phone too) - when you press the top power button and the home button (on the front) - it takes a picture of what's on your screen. I just took a pic of the ad, if you'd like me to email it to you, just send me a PM :)
Moona...awesome!

Reactions: Sherryh and eighmie
1 - 20 of 32 Posts