Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two female black and tan dobermans at Burlington Ontario Animal Control right now. The shelter is calling them Jingle and Jangle.

Both girls have their tails docked, ears are uncropped, light tan marking and are tall and leggy. The girls seem friendly and sweet but the shelter does not know much about them. They were dropped in an dog run at the shelter while the shelter was open with no note or anyone coming in to surrender them just days before Christmas.

They appear to be litter mates.

The contact information for the shelter is City of Burlington Animal Control 2424 Industrial Street Burlington Ontario and the phone number is 905-335-3030.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should also add I don't think the Shelter requires Jingle and Jangle to be adopted together but I am sure these two girls would enjoy staying together if possible. :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hugz to Jingle and Jangle..

to their previous 'owner/s'..................there are times when you need to swallow your pride and do what is best for others, human and animal for sure, but you need to do it in person, not when no one is looking. So sad to leave those two girls, without even giving anyone their names, etc.

Hope the New Year will bring happiness to all.

Hugz to all and to all a good hug.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are varying degrees of ignorance and darkness in certain human beings, obviously these people felt shame because they didn't want to be identified (the ability to feel shameful is at least some indication they have some heart and know what they are doing is wrong). But, at least they dropped them off to a shelter where they have a hope of being cared for and adopted. It is those people that purposely neglect, starve, beat, torture their animals that sicken me the most - i.e. Michael Viks of the world....
well, I guess that's my rant....I hope these two girls find their forever home with the bestest humans possible....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hugz to Jingle and Jangle..

to their previous 'owner/s'..................there are times when you need to swallow your pride and do what is best for others, human and animal for sure, but you need to do it in person, not when no one is looking. So sad to leave those two girls, without even giving anyone their names, etc.

In my county any animal owner surrendered is immediately euthanized. Perhaps these people thought an anonymous drop off would spare these dogs this fate. Perhaps they were doing the best for the dogs in the only way they knew how.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are two female black and tan dobermans at Burlington Ontario Animal Control right now. The shelter is calling them Jingle and Jangle.

Both girls have their tails docked, ears are uncropped, light tan marking and are tall and leggy. The girls seem friendly and sweet but the shelter does not know much about them. They were dropped in an dog run at the shelter while the shelter was open with no note or anyone coming in to surrender them just days before Christmas.

They appear to be litter mates.

The contact information for the shelter is City of Burlington Animal Control 2424 Industrial Street Burlington Ontario and the phone number is 905-335-3030.
sent this to Ontario doberman rescue, hoping they can help..

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does this shelter have an adoption program or are they high kill or do you know?
The dogs are currently in the adoption room and are available for adoption.

I do not know their policy on how long they hold dogs or if they work with rescues.

Happened to be there today and was surprised to see two female dobes.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called the shelter today and they said both girls were adopted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts