Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a crazy week here. Wonder's sister has been on crate rest after having that pin removed from her leg and they've both been going nuts. They got to play a little bit today and it tired both of them out. (THANK YOU!!!) I took some pictures when he was a sleepy-face head. Yay!

Mom? The flashbox AGAIN!? Seriously?

Please No...

I wonder what happens if I just ignore it?

Oh fine, I'll play Pretty Dog!

Aren't I handsome?

I think I'll gross you out by disemboweling this ducky!

You're still here!?

Why me...we should really be playing frisbee right now...

Look, I have three eyelids!

Oh no! Return of the crazy dog!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor poor ducky. (He does this to all of their toys. My father always flinches. ;))

This one reminded me of a certain Noodle man. *grin*

He's starting to look more and more like a big boy. :( Bye puppy face.

Attacking his poor gruntless hedgehog toy

Mom, I'm going to rip all of the stuffing out where you can't reach me!

I can't? Why not!?

This is the closest thing to a stack that I've been able to catch a shot of.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Very cute pictures, it's so fun watching them grow up!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That goes back to his double great grandmother, Murrey, who was my dog. She also had those exposed haws.

Genetics are a funny kind of thing, you never know what's going to pop up.
I'm really glad that I'm here and you can tell me things like that. I asked my poor vet if he had allergies twice because of his haws. *chuckles* If she looked anything like him, i'm sure she was a beautiful dog. ;)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
If she looked anything like him, i'm sure she was a beautiful dog. ;)

Great grandma Murrey

While she had her faults, Grandma Murrey was a very beautiful dog. However, her offspring pretty much took after her sire's side of the pedigree, which was a totally different style of dog, different head, etc. So you don't see her too much or too often in later generations. I have one of her grandsons here, and the main reason he stayed was because he looked the most like her of any of the grandpups.

I don't want to hijack your thread with more pics, but you can see more of her if you go to my picturetrail album. I never can get the direct link right for some reason, but go to www.picturetrail.com , then put Murreydobe into a search, then click on my album.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Grandma Murrey was a beauty! Must show photo to DH - I want another Dobe, red this time, but DEH wants black and rust so that he'll have 'bookends'...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I love those pics and those feet--I`ll never get over doberman puppy feet--they are a hoot.

As far as reds i guess you know I love them too.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow that's big for 11 weeks

I can't believe how big your doberman is at 11 weeks old. I have only seen my puppy at 2 weeks of age and it is hard to imagine he will be that big by 11 weeks.

How long do you need to keep the ears taped up like that?

Also how are you finding the house training? Thanks

New to the breed here...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ears stay taped until teething ends. My guy is losing them very quickly, but it may be months until I feel comfortable letting those ears be considered "done."

Housetraining is a breeze as long as I get him out every hour or so (while he's awake anyway). He even asks at the door now! Good boy Wonder!

Where are you getting your pup, and what color is he? Puppies are so exciting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts