Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
my 14month old dobie bitch luath has started showing on/off lameness in her hind legs last two weeks(not both at same time, one day it'll be the left hind, next day the right hind). it seems to only happen after shes been asleep (eaither on the sofa or her bed) it looks like a 'dead' leg as if shes slept on it funny- after a strech she walks it off after a few mins.
she has no problems at all when out on her walks with no signs of lameness
any ideas?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Could be pano. Best bet is a trip to the vet.

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
What is PANO? I had several times of this with Kiss also, but she was much younger. Since she was very young the vet said I really needed to change her diet. Said that bigger dog breeds have trouble because their bones grow so fast? Anyway, I think we only had about 3 to 4 times of this. The last time was after rough housing with a big English Mastiff puppy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, took luath to the vet today... turns out shes got athritius in her left hind leg. she seems so young tho (even the vet thought so, but says it could be due to the breeder leaving her in a transit van for weeks before i got her. was -5 to -10oC in dublin at the time. and im still unsure just how long she was kept in there. the breeder has now been struck off thanks to my calls to IKC. my poor puppy:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts