Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meet a gentleman yesterday. He was walking his 14 year old Blue Doberman. Wow 14 years.. She was pretty bald on the back, the gentleman said that it just started to happen about a year ago.. but other that the hair, she was great looking.. tall and lean... the good thing also.. is that the man's wife is on the City Counsil..:dancing_b, so that means if there every came a time where the City Counsil was voting on Bannning a dog breed I think that the Dobermans would be safe.. the gentleman and his wife owned 3 dobermans...

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
I love to hear stories like that :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm with you velma. It is always great to hear things like that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
AHhh! Im so sorry I read this thread and didnt have time to respond and I forgot to return! That is awesome 14 years! Yeah its weird cause alot of people I run into at petsmart or something...if they are one of the people they will say "awww I use to have a doberman...it lived till 12 years old" and every time I hear it, it suprises me and makes me happy :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wow...14! That's wonderful. And to be owned by someone in the city council, even better. Nice to see the breed being respected by so many these days. I must say dobes have a better rep then rotweilers or pits...in MA basically the same respect as german shepards: tough "bully" breed (usual sterotype) but certainly not frowned upon as much as pits or rotties.

For some reason, red dobes are basically never seen here in MA. I always get at least one person at the park when walking Apollo stating the either have never seen a red or haven't seen one in years. Besides that, it's amazing how many wonderful comments I get on him being beautiful. And his coat has become quite amazing-it was very dull when I first got him and patches were missing. Thanks to supplements such as brewers yeast and flax seed he's grown a wonderfully shiny and strong coat. :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
14 what a great age,pray God my girls all go to 14.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
I saw Velma's maturnal grandsire last night - he is 12 1/2 and looks pretty darn good - he is a red. His coat looks wonderful and shiny, his muzzle is pretty grizzled looking now.......lot of grey in it, but not much grey anywhere else. His back end has gotten pretty weak and arthritic but heck he still gets around pretty darn well. I can only hope that mine will live that long. Her paternal grandsire is 11 I believe, one granddam is also 11, and one is around 8 or 9. They are all still living.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts