Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ch. Heleva's Marian of Dubois (aka Murrey)
2/10/92 - 12/2/01
Dam of two champions, one a BIS/multi BISS winner
Best Brood Bitch DPCA National 1998
Best Veteran Bitch DPCA National 1999
My best friend-the most important role of all

Murrey went from being the most badly behaved puppy I've ever raised:

To being known and loved everywhere she went:

She was never what I'd call an easy dog to live with-behind that sweet little face lurked a wicked, wicked mind. :) She was very opinionated, and much too smart for her own good. There was never a minute's doubt in Murrey's mind that she was a VERY important little dogette, and she never failed to let us know we weren't treating her anywhere near as well as she thought she deserved.

For those of you old enough to remember the Rocky and his Friends cartoons, I always said Murrey and I had the "Mr. Peabody and his pet boy, Sherman" syndrome. :)

But everyone did love her, it wasn't just me. I received over 300 cards and emails when she died, making it really clear many, many people shared my grief and devastation about the loss.

Don't ever let anyone tell you time heals all wounds-it doesn't. :(

Sleep softly, Murrey. The privilege was always mine.

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
She was obviously a very special and loved dog... and had an owner that was devoted to her. She was lucky to have you as a master and friend. Rest in peace, Murrey.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that just doesn't seem possible that it's been 10 years. She loved her bum rubs, and some of us were lucky enough to give them to her. ;-) May she be enjoying endless snake stuffies ...
Yeah, it's hard to believe she's now been gone longer than she was here. :(

One thing we can count on: Murrey is in charge wherever she is, and all stuffy snakes belong to her!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean about time healing the wounds. My first one that died in 1996 took a piece of my heart with her.
What you find is the scab over the wound is never very sturdy, it doesn't take much to open it up all over again.

That red bitch who did so much winning a few years ago, Ch. Cambria's Victoria's Secret, is Murrey's great great great granddaughter. She has Murrey's eyes....every time I looked at Reigny head on and saw those eyes, it made me cry.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Murrey was so beautiful and you're right, time doesn't heal any wounds. Just a little scab that is way too easy to be ripped off.

What a blessing you were to each other. She is with you in spirit.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Well, she was a 10. Beautiful girl.

For the life of me I haven't figured out why something we love so much is taken away so soon.

Reactions: Murreydobe

·
Good Gracious, Gracie!
1,943 Posts
She certainly was beautiful, and the ornery, over-entitled disposition is one I love.

I'm starting to at least consider it possible that what kills us, in the end, is one too many hurt in our sack of hurts.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,596 Posts
Memories are always bittersweet. She was a beautiful girl. Run free sweet Murrey.

Reactions: Murreydobe

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
... the ornery, over-entitled disposition is one I love.

I'm starting to at least consider it possible that what kills us, in the end, is one too many hurt in our sack of hurts.
A good friend of mine bred Murrey, so I met her for the first time when she was about 2 hours old. I can say that she had that extreme sense of entitlement virtually from birth. That makes for situations where you sometimes want to wring their neck, but there's never any shortage of personality on their part.

But you know-you really couldn't argue with her about her specialness-she WAS a totally superior little animal in every way. :)

She was as vain as they come. She could be sound asleep at ringside, but if there was any clapping, she'd jump right up and stack herself..no doubt in her mind that if there was applause, they were clapping for her!

And yeah...too much hurt in that sack of hurt is a good way to describe it. If it doesn't kill us, at the very least it makes us feel very, very old.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I'm glad she had such a special impact on you and that you have so many wonderful memories of her.

She's in my boy's pedigree 6 generations back on their dad's side, so I have a very small part of her here in my home thanks to you.

Thanks for posting her pictures, she was a very pretty girl MD!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts