Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Obi The Dobi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 year old Doberman & his ears are cropped but they won't stand. They used to stand up when he was about 6 months & then they started to drop.. I'm still trying to tape them but I'm not sure if it's any help. Is there any chance of his ears standing up again or is it too late?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Could you post a picture or two of his ears?
Yes, a picture would be very helpful.

Also, how long ago did they start to drop? And did you start re-posting at that time or have you not been posting at all since then?

If you've been taping them since they started to drop, then I would continue with it. Unfortunately, none of us can tell you if your pup's ears will stand in the end or not.
I know though that there are quite a few of us on here that have taped past the one year mark. I'm currently still taping my boy and he's one year old this week.

Have you tried any supplements out to help? My boy is on glucosamine and vitamin C -- just the average kind you can pick up at a grocery store.
If you start your boy on it, keep the vitamin C dosage low at first and wean him onto it as I've been told it can hurt their stomach to just be given it at full dosage at first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts