Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 questions.

My doberman she is 1 years and 1 month and she is 55lb it is bad ? She is close to 23 inch. I don't see her ribs but i can feel it she is healthy. She is doing 2-3 hours per day of walk.

She still going to get any more weight ? or muscle is yea how much approx.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sounds ok to me. Some females can be small. Long as shes healthy, And she still has some growing to do.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you can't see any ribs then she sounds ok. Hard to tell without any pictures through. Has the vet said anything about her weight?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
She looks in great condition from the pictures! I wouldn't worry about her weight of you can't see any ribs. I would say that in my opinion however 2-3 hours is excessive for a 1 year old and could be damaging her bones depending on what kind of excersize. If its forced excersize on a hard surface I would cut it right down to an hour or so, until the growth plates are fully developed at 18 months.

Cute girl ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She looks in great condition from the pictures! I wouldn't worry about her weight of you can't see any ribs. I would say that in my opinion however 2-3 hours is excessive for a 1 year old and could be damaging her bones depending on what kind of excersize. If its forced excersize on a hard surface I would cut it right down to an hour or so, until the growth plates are fully developed at 18 months.

Cute girl ;)
the exercise she is doing it.
walking. it slow. 2-3 walk per days of 45-1hours each walk.
and sometime i take her to play with other dog.
I dont think that walking is excessive and could damage her bone.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
My black female is 2 and weighs 66 lbs. I think your girl looks great, and I wouldnt worry about her being small, she will probably spend the next year filling out some, but overall dont wish for a huge dog, she will be fine!

·
Registered
32 Posts
She looks good!
Roman's sister got all the 'little' genes and is only about 55lbs.....Roman got the big boy genes and is a whopping 95lbs (5 is from daddy's overindulgence of Roman's treat routine - we're working on it ;) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts