Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking into rescuing another dobe. We want another one for us and for Gracie. She needs a playmate that can keep up with her and that can deal with her strenth. I am not match for her at all. She and I were playing tug-a-war the other day and she drug me across the carpet before I would let go. So we found on that we really like and that sounds like would suit us and our home. Here is the link to Samson. He is beautiful! I am already in love with him. I told hubby that I am going to bring him home for Gracies Christmaas present. :)

Here is the link to him.http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7356416

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will. I already sent in the adoption application. It said I should hear something back from them within 7 days. So I can't wait to hear. I keep calling my husband and telling him to get me Samson. I also keep telling him that Gracie want's Samson. :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That's WONDERFUL!!!!! I love hearing news like that. I am sure that he will be so good for Gracie. Pollo has really blossomed since we got Molly.

get your camera ready! you KNOW we will want pics right away.

cc

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I think it is fabulous that you are going to rescue for your second dobe. Congratulations and good luck!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in love with him too. The rescue called me tonight to get my new vets info. I took Gracie to the vet in town but the vet that worked on her was more afraid of her then the problem she had. So we decided to switch vets. So they needed the number to the new vet. They also called all of my friends that I listed. She said that so far she see's nothing that would make us declined at all.

I was very up front and honest with her. I explained that what ever dog we get has to get a long with cats, as well as Gracie. I explained that Gracie was labeled as "Dog Aggressive" but still to this day has never shown one sign of it to us. She said that it wouldn't be a problem if she hasn't shown anything. She was very nice and very informative about everything. She asked if Gracie was fixed and she would need vet records to prove it. I told her that I did not get her fixed but the rescue I got her from did. She again said she would need proof.

I then told her that I have all of her papers which has a vet bill in it from her getting fixed and all of her shots and tests. So, so far everything is going in our favor. I can't wait to hear back from them. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am so excited too. Hubby doesn't want to rush it. But what does he know? I want another dobe. I keep leaving him notes saying "Get me a doberbrother! Love Gracie" :) I also keep Samson's page up every night before I go to bed so he has to see his happy face in the morning. :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,378 Posts
Good for you GM,put hubby online with me and i'll put him straight on a few things, like how dobes are so much better in pairs :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.