Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I have a friend who's family got a beautiful 1.5 year old doby from the SPCA and they have realized they cannot provide him with the exercise and lifestyle he needs. He is black and tan, neutered, has his ears and tail done and is totally healthy. He does have a bit of issues with new people and is FULL of energy because of his current living situation. Ideally someone with extensive doby experience can provide this guy with a forever home.

Please contact Dana Boogerd at 604-316-7600 for more information and to meet this gorgeous guy!

**I will try to get some photos to post soon as well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it isnt. They have had him for around 6-8 months I would say. I am pretty sure he came from the Coquitlam or Surrey SPCA if that helps!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
There has been a lot of young male Doberman looking for forever homes in the lower mainland lately. so sad. :(

the red boy I was thinking of was just recently adopted from the Burnaby area spca, I think.

Not sure what the rules of adoption are from the spca where the dog was adopted from, is your friend supposed to notify them if they cannot keep him?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know I am not sure, I will ask her about that. She definitely just wants to do the right thing. I would take him but I am maxed on the number of animals I have already and cannot take on another!
Thanks for the assistance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is a photo of him so you can see what he looks like. It isnt the best quality photo but at least it gives you an idea of what he is like! I was hoping if I posted him here I may find him a better suited Doby home as the SPCA doesnt seem to look in to the environment of the home itself all that well and since doby's are so high energy they NEED a specific home! Thanks for all the information, at the end of the day I just am attempting to get a good home for this little guy!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Here is a photo of him so you can see what he looks like. It isnt the best quality photo but at least it gives you an idea of what he is like! I was hoping if I posted him here I may find him a better suited Doby home as the SPCA doesnt seem to look in to the environment of the home itself all that well and since doby's are so high energy they NEED a specific home! Thanks for all the information, at the end of the day I just am attempting to get a good home for this little guy!
When I adopted my red dobe from the SPCA there was a strict return policy written into the adoption agreement. I would have your friend check her paperwork and be sure she know's what's written there before trying to place this dog. The SPCA's main purpose is to save and rehome animals, so not to offend you, but they can probably do a better job. I would be very weary posting a dog up for rehome even on dobermantalk. If you're going to do it definitely avoid sites like craigslist, etc. One good way is to spread the word at veterinarian offices, or list the dog as a referral with a doberman specific rescue group. Hope this dog finds a good home soon.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
I will put the word out about this boy looking for a home. Even if he needs to be returned to the spca.

Good luck to the B/T boy! What is his name?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I adopted my red dobe from the SPCA there was a strict return policy written into the adoption agreement. I would have your friend check her paperwork and be sure she know's what's written there before trying to place this dog. The SPCA's main purpose is to save and rehome animals, so not to offend you, but they can probably do a better job. I would be very weary posting a dog up for rehome even on dobermantalk. If you're going to do it definitely avoid sites like craigslist, etc. One good way is to spread the word at veterinarian offices, or list the dog as a referral with a doberman specific rescue group. Hope this dog finds a good home soon.
Thanks! I will pass along the info to the owners of the dog. I wasnt planning on putting the dog on craigslist anyways this is the only place I have put an ad as I thought it would be a good location for finding a doberman specific home. I appreciate your concern and I am definitely not offended as I agree that the SPCA does rehome animals for a living and has more experience because of it! I was just wary considering they approved the home this pup is currently in as adequate when clearly it was not (when it came to the amout of exercise and constant training the pup needs!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awwwe, so sad! He looks like he could be a litter mate of my boy that I got from a Byb in Surrey( before I was better informed by this site) Dobermans are quickly gaining popularity in the lower mainland and unfortunately there are a lot of byb's. There will probably be a lot more in the shelters soon. Whenever people show interest in my boy I mention how much time dobermans need and that I couldn't do it if I wasn't a SAHM. I hope he finds a forever home soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts