Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sent off Ziris's paperwork today, and my hotel room is reserved for Thursday through Monday...............so CM and JM, I hope you can come out! I think it will be fun! Friday and Saturday I will just be walking around googling over the dobermans, so hopefully you can come join!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I may be driving down for the weekend :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Well, I sent off Ziris's paperwork today, and my hotel room is reserved for Thursday through Monday...............so CM and JM, I hope you can come out! I think it will be fun! Friday and Saturday I will just be walking around googling over the dobermans, so hopefully you can come join!
Now you will know what happens to me when i go to Crufts,lines and lines of Dobies,I'm like a kid in a candy store!!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doberkim said:
I may be driving down for the weekend :)
We can just make it a dobermantalk reunion :) All the dobes can stay with me! :D (Although I cannot promise you will get them back)

Thats awesome Kim, I hope to see you there. If yall would like I will PM you my cell phone number so we can meet up when you get there!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
The main thing is to relax and enjoy,if you are nervous it will transmit down the leash to the dog,go with a bit of attitude,think my dog is the best and nobody can hurt you if things don't go well,if you get chance try to watch a ring and see what people do.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What is the ADA?

DobeMom

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Wow good for you BiB, good luck and take the camera. In fact, this would be a good time to get the Lumix...hehe.

·
Premium Member
10,623 Posts
DobeMom616 said:
What is the ADA?

DobeMom
American Dobermann Association (or something very close to that). Maybe the principal. Roberto Zorzi won't cancel this one at the last minute as he did the last scheduled ADA even on the east coast.

For the record Zorzi is from my general area and has a not very good reputation either here or in his native Italy. Italy withdrew his license to judge. He's been suspended by the AKC for six months because of complaints from a motel he was staying at for some AKC shows.

It was my opinion when I first got an invitation to join the ADA and realized who was putting it together that anything that Zorzi has his hand in is probably out only to benefit Zorzi and not the dogs, the sport or anything else.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
dobebug said:
It was my opinion when I first got an invitation to join the ADA and realized who was putting it together that anything that Zorzi has his hand in is probably out only to benefit Zorzi and not the dogs, the sport or anything else.
Unfortunately, it appears that Dobebug's initial opinion has been born out by time...LOTS of complaints from people who joined about a total lack of communication, questions about fiscal responsibility, etc.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
we are still planning on going down to it. I would miss the opportunity to see so many working dobes and GSD in one spot so close to home. I've never seen a shutzhund competition, so I am really looking forward to it.

Feel free to PM you cell and we will meet up - most likely will be down on Saturday as MOlly has school on sundays.

cc

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
My understanding is the Friday trial has been cancelled, due to lack of entries. Hope anyone planning on going down there gets word of this before they make the trip for nothing.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
BackInBlack said:
The dobermann winner cup has been cancelled, they are still doing the ZTP's and the CAC Show.
Yes, that's what I heard. I just didn't want anyone who was thinking of making the trip specifically to see "working dobermans" actually working to waste their time.

Sorry..I find this funnier than hell on a few different levels, but I've always been known for having a heavily ironic, twisted sense of humour.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
BackInBlack said:
So you wouldnt consider the ZTP "working" then?
Not to any great extent. Certainly it can't be compared to the "work" being done in an actual schH trial. And since they're not even starting the ztp until 2:00 pm, you have to wonder about the size of that entry as well. When you compare that to the 10:00 am start time for the conformation show on Sunday, I think it's pretty clear where the bulk of the interest (and the entries) lay.

I truly hope you have a good time and your puppy does well, BIB..I just find it funny that interior politics prevent *any* working doberman club from having any kind of a decent trial entry at the National level when so much is made of the "politics" in the AKC world. And I'd say the people that are actually out there trialing their dobermans successfully are making a pretty big statement about Roberto Zorzi.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts