- Beautiful story - I call these "heart dogs" / "a one in a million".
- fewer people ever get to experience a truly humanized Doberman, that will put its family needs first always
Our former Amy was also like this and when she got old, she could not go up the steps to the upstairs master bedroom.
- plus her sleeping alone, was not possible
- so the older leather couch in the living room was junked & the new Futon bed in the basement, was relocated
- for the next 4 months, Dad and Amy slept on the living room Fulton and shared the same pillow
- to start the night off, I gently whispered in her ear...shared a true story, every night
"Amy you were a beautiful baby and I asked for pick of the litter, you were my only pick. But you were too perfect and destined to a show ring & promised to a co-breeder. But your first mom (breeder) knew you needed the most loving mom & dad and big brother...the show ring life, would not suit your need for constant Love...so we got the puppy of our dreams / and I tell her more story's, like when Dad risked his life to shave puppy Amy from 2 GSD attack (I submissed them) and several years later you risked your life to protect your Mom from a GSD/Lab attack...you were so happy that night, protecting family. Than when Dad retired, we had each other 24 hours/day. Soon you were reading my mind.
- we kissed good night
- and I said, don't die on me in the middle of the night...we need proper goodbyes
- we so lucky, to have you Amy...our big baby / and a few more kisses
She went to heaven, at 11.7 y/o. Ken
- Bless you and your family, you fit right in with the good dog lovers here.
PS - my wife is also a Nancy & so is 4x4's wife...small world.