Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 23,233 Times in 8,968 Posts
I am adamant that puppy jumping up on anybody, is a No-No & quickly trained out.
- with a running pup colliding with my knee, only takes a few times
- when pup is running towards me, at full tilt...I telegraph my knee raise
- pup quickly learns to avoid, the persuasion...for life
Nobody was hurt or confidence stolen, in this training exercise.
- now our girl, likes to bait Dad into kicking her Jolly-Ball (out of mouth)...while held firmly, between her teeth
Our first girl in 1977 jumped on a little girl, coming home from Sunday School Church...all dressed up.
- I did a lot of sweet talking with her Dad...to avoid Police coming, and impounding my 9 month old dobe
^^ Lesson Learned !!
- now pups learn "jumping is very bad"...from the beginning
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 09-17-2017 at 09:38 AM.