Hi Steve and cutie Zeus - please don't take this the wrong way, here to help.
Purina Pro-Plan in general is 2.0/2.5/3.0 out of 5 star rated. https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/
Pup is hungry because kibble has the nutritional value of sawdust.
Common unhealthy & filler ingredients in cheap Pro-Plan are:
- poultry by-product meal (source of glucosamine), brewers rice, whole grain corn, whole grain wheat, corn gluten meal, corn germ meal PS
- I'm sharing a Link to another puppy on Pro-Plan, less than 5 years ago...sad ending though.
This month this same dog, made it onto the Rainbow Bridge thread...Yep, dobe never reaches its 5th B-Day.
- we are what we eat / dogs included...its up to us as Pet Owners, to real labels & understand buying decisions made
So study my posts, on his older thread & digest the infomation: https://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-co...uppy-food.html
I'll always stick with 4-5 rated kibbles and 5 star organic treats...only.
- we now use Orijen Regional Red (Canadian company)...5 star (human grade quality)
For our 85 pound adult Kelly, that has a perfect coat & all muscle:
- I also put puppies on All-Life-Stage kibble / puppy kibble too rich and promotes faster growing (not good for bones).
- BTW puppies eat 50% more than an adult dog...given same weight
Morning meal - 2/3 cup of premium kibble in the morning + 2/3 lb. of home cooked Meat & Veggy stew.
Evening meal - 1.0 cups of kibble
General Competitor Analysis: Pet Perfect Express -- "Delivering human grade kibble for human pets"