Back in 1972 (while in grade 10 or 11), I went to the theater one Friday night and watched the The Doberman Gang movie
I thought the Doberman breed was: - most regal - owner loyal to a fault - almost human intelligent
- went back Saturday night with GF, we watched the movie again
I promised myself that night - that when I left the farm & graduated College, I would have my very own Doberman / a life goal.
Several years later, I would see my first Doberman, in the city / a big K9 trained male.
- I asked the owner if I could walk him, on the sidewalk a block
I have to admit, he intimidated me, on the leash / owner told me to get a FM puppy instead & not an adult...learn together.
- about the same time, I bought an expensive book on Doberman's and studied the photos & content, from cover-2-cover / over-&-over
A year later, as College graduation approached, my GF and I had found the famous Doberman expert, Mrs. B England and her husband
(she was 81 y/o).
- we got female pick of the litter / from the mating of Sadie & her new Dango stud dog (valued at $4,000 before proven)
The following year, Mr. England passed away / and Mrs. England, shortly after.
- we had a new puppy, from the last breeding / her respected Canadian Doberman lineage, started around 1955
We got married, and a week after returning from out honeymoon / we picked up our fur-baby Tanya.
- I remember asking Mrs. England if they need protection trained (LOL)?
- she said: "No, just train them with Love...they will protect, their family
Old photos, kinda fitting in this thread, so here is our girl:
- our beautiful Tanya, was born in 1977 and would OB score 198.5/200 points
- new mom & dad, we're hooked for life / owned by our Doberman's