Great Mr. Business & Team Dad story
...thanks for sharing.
- the projected human nerves, is so real
- identifying this is critical, so one can remember the true goal / canine improvement & Fun together
- once this is grasped / your ready to go onto more advanced learning & achievements
It happened to me in 1978, with our first girl Tanya.
- first time Dobe owner and wife & I loved her so much / while we knew, their was lots to learn
- Beau signed up for three 9 week group courses / by a phenomenal lady trainer-handler
- OB on-leash & confirmation, followed by off-leash OB
- we took it serious / because I was scared by a K9 trained male doberman once, and wanted to do things right
- tested after 18 weeks, we edged out the GSD for the class win
- our 1 hours per day training, had paid off...so I thought
Fast forward, a few months later / signed up for a real OB judging.
- I too got their early
- I too practiced so seriously, but in the hot sun
- after 15 minutes, Tanya just sat down and said "screw you dad", with those big black eyes"
- wife said, "your making her nervous"...dad was counting the ribbons, before the event even started
- mom was right / so we waited for the event to start and our # to be called
When it was our turn, Tanya was acing every on-leash instruction to a "T".
- half way through the event, Beau was asked to remove the leash...which I did
- she was in a sit/stay (and looking around) & dad shouted "COME"
- Tanya headed towards her proud Dad and after 10 feet she veered 90 degrees, to the right
- and proceeds to find mom in the crowd & save her (LOL)...the sincere laughter was so real & humbling
I needed that, a few months later entered another competition / this time mom hid herself.
- Tanya stayed in the ring & we had an excellent score
- dad had learned, to trust his dog, fairness and learn to read her emotions / it wasn't all about B67 KEN
- IMPO take the Advanced OB next.
- personally your learning will greatly expand, and its the foundation to everything