Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 23,559 Times in 9,029 Posts
monsteratlas - you are clearly a loving and kind, animal person...truly, so very sorry.
You don't need a 2nd opinion, from your Vet.
- her time has unfortunately expired, 6 months ago...you know this, for a fact
- when her dachshund buddy, went to heaven
- her quality of life, is behind her now / the list of negative changes, is as long as a logging chain
- do the compassionate thing now
Its HARD, we all know this and feel your Pain.
- I slept on a makeshift bed, in the living room for 4 months, with old former Amy
- because she couldn't manage the stairs to the 2nd floor or jump up on the master bed (any longer)
- her brain was human smart, and we shared one pillow / face to face, nightly...special-sweet moments, in time
- dad would whisper puppy stories, into her ears / and thanks her every night, for her unconditional family love
- I always softly told her, "don't die in your sleep, on me / proper goodbyes needed"
- she hung on palatalized from 3-4 strokes, after midnight / still alive when Vet office opened
- enough time to get our adult son over / and have loved ones around her
- she also knew, she went out...with much family Love, dignity and respect
- but quality of Life, sadly became zero / in the blink of an eye
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 03-18-2018 at 07:40 PM.