What kind of tires was your son buying where you can save $1,000 on 4 of them? That's a savings of $250 per tire and I just bought a set of tires for my wife's Explorer (some of the best out there and total cost was right around $1,100 price matched yada yada) and in my research I didn't see any tires which cost $500 each or more. Just curious
- our CDN Dollar is currently trading a $0.75x
per USA green back...and Visa charges a 3.5 cents/dollar conversion fee
- plus we pay 2x
the Income Tax, on Hydro, Cig & Booze, Property Tax, and Fuel, etc.
- all because we had too many Liberal years of Social spending and huge National Debt...Ontario @ 4x California Debt
, on a per person basis
- so Andrew Lexus tires normally list for $C600 here, wholesale for $C450 and good used sell for $C200 - and USA price = $125.96 each new
/ switching to a different good brand
- on top of all this BS madness, everything is treated to a 13% HSTax
- we are very much like Australia, when it comes to unreal "cost of living" here
- even Amazon .ca Canada >> rapes us on price, vs Amazon . com USA
So on big purchases, my Twin brother and our family...often cross boarder shop.
- order ahead, to a Shipping Depot and drive across the Blue Water bridge, into Port Huron, MI.
- and for $3 each parcel pickup charge...we can save several hundred dollars Canadian...on a day trip
Case in point - brother needed AC pump, for his 2000 Sierra z71, 5.3L.
- GM of Canada, Dealership part was $C950 Cdn plus 13% Sales Tax = $1,074 Cdn
- eBay for same exact ACDelco GM part #, was $165 US$ = $229 Cdn
- so an $850 Savings, buying in the States and not buying Local WELCOME to CANADA, with Free HealthCare !!