Before my brother and I decided between the already decked out Camaro and the 55 bel air - we bought a model of the 55 and put it together and began painting it different colors. I think we either ended up with blue and white or all blue....but do not recall how it turned out.
And do not recall why a 18 and a 16 year old chose the 55
Oh our very first car I forgot was a sky blue 67 ( I think) vw bug with a stick shift
went every where in it.
I always wanted a '55 Belair 2 door hardtop, but one never fell into my lap.
After our 55 Chev. project, 1967-69 Camaro's got to be a collector muscle car.
- I liked anything with iconic styling & found '65-67 Chevelle & Beaumont's easier to acquire
's 1955 Chev. 210 (2 door post), automatic with a 6 cylinder...photo below, was solid blue, when purchased.
- paid C$600 off a retired old lady
- sold to my brother, after I drove it for a while / frame mounts (body to cab) rusted out
auto body restored the car / he welded the front fender light caps on, to fix rust through
- while this Larry
fully brazed the bottom left half quarter on, with brothers assistance (clamping & cooling patch)...he trusted me, to keep heat warpage under control
- the car was sanded nice and straight, in fathers house garage...on family farm
- restored over the winter, 40 years ago / running a 1500W electric heater
- after a fresh repaint, no evidence of our panel welding could be found
- a very respectful restoration, for us self-trained auto body amateurs
- playing with old cars, on the farm / best of fun times