The Girls Outside! - Page 773 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Non Doberman Animal Talk Horses, cats, birds, snakes etc... talk about your other pets and animals here.

 25510Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #19301 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:10 AM
Alpha
 
LadyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,687
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanks: 28,764
Thanked 11,503 Times in 3,929 Posts
Images: 3
                     
Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Morning all.
Yep I wear glasses for reading and computer work.
Last year I bought two pairs.
One for reading and long distance sight.
One pair specifically for computer.
I only wear the computer glasses.
They are quite nice........at work I have three monitors in front of me. I can read from any angle. With these glasses when reading you do not have to move your head around to try and find that ďsweet spotĒ like you do with bifocals. Love the computer glasses....when the sales lady knew of my set up at work she suggested them for me.........glad I bought them for sure. The bifocals turned out to be a waste of money.
So what else is happening today ?
It is so hot-humid -and still I suspect we will be inside ALOT today.....sucking up the air conditioning that is cost me $350 a month.
Our house was built in 1926.......I think I need to get new windows and more insulation...but any work we do its like opening up a hornets nest ....something else thats old will break. ...so maybe some of those curtains that have insulation on the back would help some on the energy usage. So today.........we will go get cypress mulch........go to lunch for burgers and beers........come home ........cool off.........then throughout the weekend spread bags of mulch around our dog compounds. Tomorrow.....Scott is thinking of taking the chicken crew and I for a trip down to longboat key ......pretty ride. Lots of money down there and fancy condoís ......always get a lot of good landscaping ideas when I view that area.
So AJ........how is Jack......no offense to the others ...but he is my favorite...........so nice of you to rescue the Tadís.
StrykersPerson likes this.

Hoss
LadyDi is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
Advertisement
 
post #19302 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:33 AM
Alpha
 
LadyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,687
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanks: 28,764
Thanked 11,503 Times in 3,929 Posts
Images: 3
                     
Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Anyone awake......where the hell is our farmer ?
Everything changes....now farmers sleep late.......what’s next ??
StrykersPerson likes this.

Hoss

Last edited by LadyDi; 06-22-2019 at 06:35 AM.
LadyDi is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19303 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:20 AM
Alpha
 
TNfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,446
Location: Middle TN
Dogs Name: Mocha
Titles: CGC
Dogs Age: DOB 3/21/2014
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit TNfisher's Gallery
Thanks: 11,394
Thanked 10,001 Times in 2,225 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Click here to find out how TNfisher became a supporter
We had thunderstorms move through yesterday late afternoon and we lost power until sometime late last night. Made for an early night.

Anyhoo, before power went off, here was Mocha diligently observing my wife, who was cutting up some watermelon.
StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.



She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader.
She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
- Author Unknown
TNfisher is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNfisher For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019)
Advertisement
 
post #19304 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,098
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 56,341
Thanked 23,946 Times in 9,099 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfisher View Post
We had thunderstorms move through yesterday late afternoon and we lost power until sometime late last night. Made for an early night.

Anyhoo, before power went off, here was Mocha diligently observing my wife, who was cutting up some watermelon.
TN - give Mocha wet kisses, from Canada...she has the prettiest crop, of any Doberman.
- the surgical line, flows perfectly smooth // whoever the Vet was, had surgery skills
StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19305 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:46 AM
Alpha
 
ECIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5,633
Location: Indiana
Dogs Name: Kadin aka Mr. Business & Ali
Titles: Blue Ribbon's Every Day
Dogs Age: 2 & 9
Gallery Pics: 346
Visit ECIN's Gallery
Thanks: 14,833
Thanked 18,367 Times in 5,294 Posts
Images: 346
                     
Click here to find out how ECIN became a supporter
Good morning everybody! Still learning how to use this thing lol

We have missed most of rain the past few days - thatís good news ! Heavy rain right now just to our south ! Since itís been to wet to do anything , I decided to rebuild the inducer pump on the sprayer , parts came in yesterday , so headed to Rushville in a few minutes to pick them up and put it back together tomorrow .

Now the funny story today : Wife was talking to her niece a few days ago , she told the wife they had some ants in there kitchen , so to stay on the safe side because they have a 5 and 3 year. Old , she sprayed some vinegar on them , kids seen Mom do this , later in the day niece was in the back room room for a few seconds and came back in the kitchen area to find that her 5 year old daughter had got into the fridg. And got out a can of spray whip cream and sprayed it everywhere on the kitchen floor ó- Helping her kill the Ants ó Lmao ! Niece said what mess - Still
lmao

Hope you find your kitty sp
StrykersPerson likes this.
ECIN is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECIN For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19306 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:59 AM
Alpha
 
TNfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,446
Location: Middle TN
Dogs Name: Mocha
Titles: CGC
Dogs Age: DOB 3/21/2014
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit TNfisher's Gallery
Thanks: 11,394
Thanked 10,001 Times in 2,225 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Click here to find out how TNfisher became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
TN - give Mocha wet kisses, from Canada...she has the prettiest crop, of any Doberman.
- the surgical line, flows perfectly smooth // whoever the Vet was, had surgery skills
From what I was told by a few people, the vet my breeder used was one of the best croppers in that area and quite a few breeders used him. I heard he passed away a few years ago, a great loss.
StrykersPerson likes this.



She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader.
She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
- Author Unknown
TNfisher is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TNfisher For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019)
post #19307 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,600
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 12,228
Thanked 10,826 Times in 2,388 Posts
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post

The Mister's Translation-
"The only way you're gonna' get the keys to the zTrak is to pry them from my cold, dead fingers after I've been lofted a few hundred feet by a twister and deposited like a rag doll somewhere off our property..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
ROTFLMAO!

Mister found the lost Ztrack keys!

He let me hold them, then pried them from my hands.


When he is in the shower tomorrow I will steal his truck key.



Come on, SP, that's just cruel of the Mister! He's obviously reading the CT posts?

Looks like you bartered all your power away in order to bring those darn chicks inside...

I would advise against stealing his truck key...don't know about OK, but in Texas that's hitting someone below the belt....
StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!
spocksdad is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19308 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,098
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 56,341
Thanked 23,946 Times in 9,099 Posts
                     
Beau not pointing any fingers / just relating a "proven Fact"...on a General Biological basic.
- if this offends any Chicken Hawks here...it must be true (LOL)

StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 06-22-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19309 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Come on, SP, that's just cruel of the Mister! He's obviously reading the CT posts?

Looks like you bartered all your power away in order to bring those darn chicks inside...

I would advise against stealing his truck key...don't know about OK, but in Texas that's hitting someone below the belt....
I was only going to steal his truck key because the Ztrak keys are in his truck. All Four of them! He left for work before I could wake up enough to think about snagging his truck key.

That's okay. He will be distracted by the AC dude later today. I will snag my set of keys then!

ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19310 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Beau not pointing fingers / just relating a "proven Fact"...on a General Biological basic.
- if this offends any Chicken Hawks here...it must be true (LOL)

I'm not offended.

I shop like a man.

I go in the store. Get my crap and get the hell out!

ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19311 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECIN View Post
Good morning everybody! Still learning how to use this thing lol

We have missed most of rain the past few days - thatís good news ! Heavy rain right now just to our south ! Since itís been to wet to do anything , I decided to rebuild the inducer pump on the sprayer , parts came in yesterday , so headed to Rushville in a few minutes to pick them up and put it back together tomorrow .

Now the funny story today : Wife was talking to her niece a few days ago , she told the wife they had some ants in there kitchen , so to stay on the safe side because they have a 5 and 3 year. Old , she sprayed some vinegar on them , kids seen Mom do this , later in the day niece was in the back room room for a few seconds and came back in the kitchen area to find that her 5 year old daughter had got into the fridg. And got out a can of spray whip cream and sprayed it everywhere on the kitchen floor ó- Helping her kill the Ants ó Lmao ! Niece said what mess - Still
lmao

Hope you find your kitty sp
He's not coming back. I've been torturing myself thinking about what happened to him. Either a coyote ate him or some mean person shot him for sport.



Mister is going to be pissed off when I find a replacement. Although, there is no replacement for PePe. He was a cool cat!
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19312 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Watching the Royal Ascot races. I like the fact that they race on turf.
ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19313 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfisher View Post
We had thunderstorms move through yesterday late afternoon and we lost power until sometime late last night. Made for an early night.

Anyhoo, before power went off, here was Mocha diligently observing my wife, who was cutting up some watermelon.
Does Mocha like watermelon? My black Dobe, Ktrin, loved ice cubes. I could always count on her to pick the ones I dropped up.

When my red boy, Axel, was a pup he loved Brussels Sprouts, then he came to his senses.

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19314 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,600
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 12,228
Thanked 10,826 Times in 2,388 Posts
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
I was only going to steal his truck key because the Ztrak keys are in his truck. All Four of them! He left for work before I could wake up enough to think about snagging his truck key.

That's okay. He will be distracted by the AC dude later today. I will snag my set of keys then!



What if it turns out to be an "AC Dudette" later on?

You'll be so busy hoovering over your Mister, that you might forget about the prime objective (JD key snag)....



(Pic of The Mister "assisting" the HVAC techette on the problem....???)


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!

Last edited by spocksdad; 06-22-2019 at 10:29 AM.
spocksdad is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19315 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
Morning all.
Yep I wear glasses for reading and computer work.
Last year I bought two pairs.
One for reading and long distance sight.
One pair specifically for computer.
I only wear the computer glasses.
They are quite nice........at work I have three monitors in front of me. I can read from any angle. With these glasses when reading you do not have to move your head around to try and find that ďsweet spotĒ like you do with bifocals. Love the computer glasses....when the sales lady knew of my set up at work she suggested them for me.........glad I bought them for sure. The bifocals turned out to be a waste of money.
So what else is happening today ?
It is so hot-humid -and still I suspect we will be inside ALOT today.....sucking up the air conditioning that is cost me $350 a month.
Our house was built in 1926.......I think I need to get new windows and more insulation...but any work we do its like opening up a hornets nest ....something else thats old will break. ...so maybe some of those curtains that have insulation on the back would help some on the energy usage. So today.........we will go get cypress mulch........go to lunch for burgers and beers........come home ........cool off.........then throughout the weekend spread bags of mulch around our dog compounds. Tomorrow.....Scott is thinking of taking the chicken crew and I for a trip down to longboat key ......pretty ride. Lots of money down there and fancy condoís ......always get a lot of good landscaping ideas when I view that area.
So AJ........how is Jack......no offense to the others ...but he is my favorite...........so nice of you to rescue the Tadís.
Funny story, Cuz!

I had to drive to work with CP, wearing my Cadillac glasses (expensive ones $700) when I was late ordering my contacts. She had to ask me when I came to a stop sign if I saw the sign coming up. And, I had to ask her if the thing I was seeing was a pothole or road kill before I got to it. Thank God my contacts where in the mail room that day! My glasses never came off so fast before!

And, I am too chicken to go under the knife and have Lasik surgery.
ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19316 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Alpha
 
TNfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,446
Location: Middle TN
Dogs Name: Mocha
Titles: CGC
Dogs Age: DOB 3/21/2014
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit TNfisher's Gallery
Thanks: 11,394
Thanked 10,001 Times in 2,225 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Click here to find out how TNfisher became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
Does Mocha like watermelon? My black Dobe, Ktrin, loved ice cubes. I could always count on her to pick the ones I dropped up.

When my red boy, Axel, was a pup he loved Brussels Sprouts, then he came to his senses.

"Like" is an understatement. Let's put it this way...if a burglar broke in and he had watermelon, cucumbers, or bananas, he could pretty much empty our entire house and, Mocha would probably help him carry some of the stuff out to his truck LOL.
StrykersPerson likes this.



She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader.
She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
- Author Unknown
TNfisher is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNfisher For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019)
post #19317 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post


What if it turns out to be an "AC Dudette" later on?

You'll be so busy hoovering over your Mister, that you might forget about the prime objective (JD key snag)....



(Pic of The Mister "assisting" the HVAC techette on the problem....???)
If that should occur, consider Mister's ass kicked! He can go live in his storage shed!
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019)
post #19318 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:20 AM
Alpha
 
ECIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5,633
Location: Indiana
Dogs Name: Kadin aka Mr. Business & Ali
Titles: Blue Ribbon's Every Day
Dogs Age: 2 & 9
Gallery Pics: 346
Visit ECIN's Gallery
Thanks: 14,833
Thanked 18,367 Times in 5,294 Posts
Images: 346
                     
Click here to find out how ECIN became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
Watching the Royal Ascot races. I like the fact that they race on turf.
I have been watching some of that toSP. Letís on over and tell l and M we flew over on a private jet , letís make that Hoosier Force 1 ! And watched the races lol

SD Can you send me contact info on th A/C tech , think mine might need a tune up ! Lol
Beaumont67 and StrykersPerson like this.
ECIN is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECIN For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19319 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Alpha
 
ECIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5,633
Location: Indiana
Dogs Name: Kadin aka Mr. Business & Ali
Titles: Blue Ribbon's Every Day
Dogs Age: 2 & 9
Gallery Pics: 346
Visit ECIN's Gallery
Thanks: 14,833
Thanked 18,367 Times in 5,294 Posts
Images: 346
                     
Click here to find out how ECIN became a supporter
SP. Kittywill come back ! Our barn cats take off for days , week and they come back home . Sure hope Pepe does so you donít worry !
StrykersPerson likes this.
ECIN is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ECIN For This Useful Post:
alan j. (06-22-2019), Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19320 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:26 AM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,925

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanks: 11,991
Thanked 23,271 Times in 6,103 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfisher View Post
From what I was told by a few people, the vet my breeder used was one of the best croppers in that area and quite a few breeders used him. I heard he passed away a few years ago, a great loss.
I'd be willing to bet that the vet was Sam Grant--he was a breeder under the name Kaywood and although he didn't show much (working vet with elderly parents who he took care of) and didn't breed much he produced some dogs who are found back in the pedigrees of some of the best of the best.

I vaguely remember that his practice was in Indiana (but don't quote me on that--he's been gone for awhile now)--did very nice crops--knew how to tailor them of individual dogs and breeders anywhere in his vicinity would bring him litters to crop. It was a loss when he died.

Practically all of my dogs have had a Kaywood bitch behind them--Kaywood's Highly Classified--anyone with Ch Cambria's Highly Regarded (Rayden) in their pedigree has her in their pedigree--she was Rayden"s dam.

ABTLH
StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.
dobebug is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (06-22-2019), Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), spocksdad (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19321 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,253
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 68,030
Thanked 57,232 Times in 18,058 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Beau not pointing any fingers / just relating a "proven Fact"...on a General Biological basic.
- if this offends any Chicken Hawks here...it must be true (LOL)

I DO NOT shop like that. I'm with SP; I despise shopping.


Except in a hardware store. I can spend a lot of time in there thinking, "I didn't know they had a special tool for that. Look at that thing; I wonder what it does?" I use a screw driver for everything. And a meat tenderizer in a pinch if I need to drive a nail in and am too lazy to go into the garage to get a hammer.

I keep a household tool box in the kitchen for those little things you need around the house (screwdrivers--all kinds, sizes, lengths--putty knifes, allen wrenches, regular and needle-nose pliers, punches, wire stripper, plumber's tape and putty, and who knows what-all else), but my big pipe wrench

and hammers don't fit.

The only thing I really know about tools is that whatever one you find you need (usually when you are in the middle of a job holding pieces together so they don't come completely apart, slide back into the wall out of reach, or leak all over, or when you're trying to hold up the ceiling fan or light fixture which is hanging there by one screw) is the one that is the farthest away from wherever you are. And once you gather them all together and squirm into whatever cabinet you need to fit into, or climb the ladder for the umpteenth time, you find out you need to shut off the power or something and it's another trip out to the circuit box or the water shutoff.

I always gather together a whole bunch of stuff I think I'll need for a job ahead of time, but invariably leave something out. Which usually turns out to be the ONLY tool which is actually necessary to do the job (once I've exhausted the screwdriver and meat tenderizer options).

Last edited by melbrod; 06-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.
melbrod is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), StrykersPerson (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19322 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECIN View Post
I have been watching some of that toSP. Letís on over and tell l and M we flew over on a private jet , letís make that Hoosier Force 1 ! And watched the races lol

SD Can you send me contact info on th A/C tech , think mine might need a tune up ! Lol
Interesting fact? The turf is not even? There are divots and hills?

Those tracks kick some A$$!

American horses would stumble on that terrain!
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19323 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Kenny,

When the AC chick gets here, I will send her on over to your place.

ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19324 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECIN View Post
I have been watching some of that toSP. Letís on over and tell l and M we flew over on a private jet , letís make that Hoosier Force 1 ! And watched the races lol

SD Can you send me contact info on th A/C tech , think mine might need a tune up ! Lol
I think I got the gist of what you were saying!

Get off the IPad!

There is no way your internet can suck worse than mine!

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), TNfisher (06-22-2019)
post #19325 of 26160 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,180
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 21,230 Times in 7,707 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
I am surprised that Mister is calling in the AC Dude/Dudette.

I thought he could do everything!
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-22-2019), ECIN (06-22-2019), LadyDi (06-22-2019), melbrod (06-22-2019)
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome