I was just picking on you, B67. I knew what you wanted to say and I didn't even have to think very hard to figure it out
It had a certain...alliterative symmetry...about it too.
I was trying to make a funny, but it was a bit of a stretch.
I know MEL
- when I read it and both different words almost looked the same to me, I couldn't figure out the joke...I figured their was one there, in hiding...
...I don't mind being ribbed, but often will repeat an English mistake, the rest of my life.
Glad you understand Mel
- the current Level of my English proficiency, allowed me to graduate night school university...about 14 years after accident.
- and I wrote many Engineering Analysis Reports, but I was always aware of my short comings
- and relied on close co-workers to check my reports, so I could stay looking smart
Still to this day...
- to and too
- were & where
Are two examples of incomplete coherency - regardless if Mrs, tries to define them for me...clearly for me.
- my brain never put enough of a value, on it...because I didn't have time to
- when I had to learn, almost every study...at the same time (was most challenging)
tutored me for 4.5 to 5 hours, every night / and the next day, I failed to remember, what topics on subjects I just learned, the night before
- even simple things like parking a car, and driving in reverse...my first attempt, I failed to remember...what way to turn the steering wheel // so I drove around the block, in front of the pool hall, and drove into a open spot this time...and save embarrassing myself, with Mrs. on my side
- being a 17 y/o kid, communicating and functioning at a grade 8 level initially // while entering College
If we had been co-workers, Ma
would have been my written shoulder to lean on.
- initially I would have drove you nuts // but over time, usually best friends resulted
- I remember 2 girls & 2 guys, helped me / it did have them puzzled, why Larry was corrected on the same spelling, year after year
- and before spell check, I ask a co-worker how to spell the first 2 letters of a word / as my hard words to me, I sometimes could not remember the second letter, to find meaning in my dictionary
I'm fine with the way I am & even consider my accident a God Gifted blessing
- but learning to spell 2 different words / that sound and virtually look the same to me, hasn't been much on my "to-do" list
- so I just wing it...avoiding confusion & stress
Keep firing your Jokes, my way // just understand, I'm not your normal student...
And I am still happy, if I don't graduate, with a red or gold sticky star...on report card.