Beau's vehicle maintenance Tips
- the dreaded oil & filter change. a
) Like Wittney Huston said, "crack is Wack"...so is FRAM oil filters products.
- and I'm not interested in studying there better line...the regular filter is sadly an inferior made product b
) As a decade user of AMSOIL Synthetic Oil @ $15 per Liter Canadian$$...Not any more. Twin67
found AMZOIL to sludge up older engines bad (lost 2)...so oil brand was switched.
- Pennzoil Platinum & Pennzoil ULTRA Platinum, is made from a Natural Gas molecule
- 99.5% clean base stock...a true Group IV synthetic
- I only buy the Pennzoil locally, on Sale c
) WIX is a Top Filter company // 3 grades are SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM XP (later syn. media).
- I use WIX XP PLATINUM filters exclusively on all our vehicles / or Gold, in a rush d
) I only buy my Synthetic Extended oil change Filters from: Filter1.com
- @ third the price, in USA e
) Coupled with the best oil & filter, for the money / I have oil changed on a 10,000 Km frequency.
- or every 6,200 Miles
- in the old days, oil change intervals was every 3,000 miles ...so I'm now saving money, delaying Freq. by 2x
- due to the fact, that I'm using the best supplies, at a very decent price f
) I buy all supplies & often give my mechanic $20, for labor only // pays for hoist & mechanic.
- I've been using the Pennzoil ULTRA & WIX XP setup, for last 3 years now
- on wife's Toyota RAV4, and when we dump the oil....the used oil still retains, half of its homey color
- so this info. I feel quit confident about sharing...from personal experience
Today, I picked up some oil for BabyBear
's v6 Lexus, // for his oil change, scheduled on Monday afternoon.
- Andrew & Dad will use my garage buddies hoist...and he will do job & gain more auto knowledge 50 years ago
, my pops (Harold)
and Larry did oil changes together...on farm.
- it was Harold's job to setup the plank ramps & guide me to the top & stop
- and grab a few beers, before we headed out to the farm garage...to chat & have much fun together
- now Andrew asked Dad to do an oil change with him // I felt pretty dame excited, he was taking more of an interest...in proper vehicle maintenance
- owner garage Chris knows we are coming out on Monday, he enjoys our company
- and it will be mutually fun, for the 3 of us // doing some "manly stuff" & sharing laughs
Today - dad bought 2 jugs of my favorite oil @ Walmart.
- but they were one jug short on the Ultra while the other was on Sale
- so Dad got a price match from Dept. Manager / and saved $75, on purchase
^^ Beaumont Economics
got a text from Andrew's FM business partner / she changed a flat tire on her Audi today // all by herself & even torqued wheel nuts to 90#...impressive.
- Larry was most proud (of MEL
), as several years ago, I showed her how to use wrenches to change a car battery, on her VW (and she got her hands dirty, making it happen)...also MommaBear
found a spark plug wire short, on her car // and together, all 3 of us fixed it
I've always treat her like a daughter
- and she referred to me as "DAD"
, in a proud Text tonight
- what a night // LOVE U ALL
my Chicken Hawks