Yep...I will accept these conditions........after all in reality ...what choice do I have.......LOL
Seriously....great relationship you 2 have together..very lucky to have a kid that actually listens to you!!
Power to the Beau's !!!!
for understanding & I truly value you & SP
, making Papa
leaves it up to Papa to share some family stories & have some old-geezer fun.
- we are a small & tight knit group here, so that helps a lot // I share "zero" on FB
- but I'm also aware that he is responsible on a weekly basis, to keep 40 staff employed
- and keep growing a business, with his business partner
- so I will be "the good dad"
Funny thing chatting, over a beer & cigar a couple months ago.
- I asked him, "what KSF he could identify, that made him uniquely different" ??
- Andrew got it / dad and him spent 6 years in a pool hall, almost 7 days a week...over 6 years
- so without a 13 y/o knowing it, dad was supervising a young teen, and assuming the role of best friend
- these teen years, was so easy to pass // and only playing in adult tournaments, allowed a competitive fostering
- and son grew up fast, gaining respect of his adult piers // and his communication style flourished
- maturing around other men, dads age +/-
Mom missed the 2 of us, out every weekend & evening, but she understood the sacrifice.
- and his Brown Belt training in Karate, starting in grade2...was when the bullying stopped
- and son could go to school, without running in Fear
- plus his travelling Baseball for 5 years, was another foundation in sports...that would prove valuable
- another Confidence boost
So sonny knows that Mrs67 & Papa Love & Trust him unconditionally // and he can talk to us, freely on anything (which he does)....and his Love for us, is equal.
- he respects and treasures, the sacrifices we've both made as parents...involved in gifting him a head start, in life
- but he has forged out his own self-employed career vs just a job, we are very proud of
Andrew's business co-founder MEL, gets Moms Shoei.
- the BF has a bike...she excited
- It's obvious you're very proud of your Baby Bear...
Appreciate your comments SD
- means a lot to Papa.
- child rearing here, was a work in progress / rather exciting, to break many book rules
- sports replaced boring school
- and we just went, with what felt right
2 guys at work use to argue with Beau, telling me "I'm ruining our son, not having a bed time curfew....LOL
- their young kids in bed, between 7-8:00 at night
- Andrew as a 2 y/o toddler, crawled up on Love seat @ 10 pm
- and by 10:30 Mom carried him to bed // it was her honor to do so
- my reply was // we enjoy him too much, to cut out time short together
- so every night, was a Fun time & he enjoyed our fulfilling attention
We never cared what his public or high school report card grades projected.
- the system bored Dad, from a distance
- son could figure this stuff out, when he was mature enough
- he excelled at studies, when he got to pick his courses & direction
So we responsibility knew // everything in Life will unfold, given the capacity process for critical thinking & correct timing !!