Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
Not this chick, Di!
Slanted headlights, questionable tires and red.
Teasing you, Beau!
Terre told me a story about when her Dad would see a red truck; he would say, "He's got a couple of nickels." So, that must mean you have a couple of nickels, Beau Bear!
Has anyone heard that phrase before?
Funny saying SP
- never hear that short version before // but BeauBear
buys all his good vehicles, "with only a couple of nickels
- 45 years ago, I self taught myself the "art of vehicle negotiating, on price
" / so I could have wheels, I couldn't afford
- my good retired neighbor and friend was a used car salesman, in the 1960's & make $40K a year, back than...big money he wasted on...
- buying new cars / whiskey / and chasing girls LOL
- he told me, "he thought he was the best car salesman around, until he met the one and only Larry / we would have been a great team, in the business"
I'm more familiar with the saying, "he only has a couple of nickles, to rub together
- meaning, "his pockets are practically empty of cash / and trying to buy a big juicy T-Bone streak restaurant sit down meal, on a Kraft dinner budget
And you thought, you could teach me a thing or two...when will the CHC learn !!
I didn't like the cat eye headlights, when they first appeared on 2003 Chev trucks.
- but the new GM trucks, are to big & tall with square wheel wells...hate them
So now the slanted headlight design has grown to my liking / and its my preference now. MrsBeau
favorite truck color is pearl white & 6-7
has to agree (looks dirty without frequent wash's).
- I like Red or Blue / but not Black vehicles / even though we have 2 Toyota's in black
- but buying excellent used, I only search for primo body & mechanical condition / so any color will do, out of my control SP
- you never told me, what rims & tires...would look better ??
- more complaining than offering valid suggestions
And thanks...it is pretty / and my old & rusty '98 Silverado, does need replaced.
- so newer red truck, is a welcome upgrade here