Thks so much 4x4
- I knew I wanted to upgrade my 3/4Ton gas pig to a 5.3L.
- and only Silverado in years 2003 to 2007 Classic (before body change)
I didn't look for one real hard / but knew when I find the right one, time to pull the trigger.
Some reasons, influencing Beau
choice in trucks. a
) the front headlights, we call "cat eyes" / and look way cool b
) the Chev. front grill is also very attractive, with the chrome horizontal bar
- just not fond of the GMC Sierra front end treatment
- even the Chev. truck front fenders, just look iconic somehow c
) I wanted an Extended Cab, to get the 6.5 ft box length / avoiding the crew cab, with shorter 5'7" box length
- if we find a nice slide in camper / the extra box length, will be perfect
- only our doberman, rides in the back seat of my trucks...so full rear seats, not important
- plus I like the hidden door handles of the Ext. cab
- and not interested in camping with a 24 ft. trailer, pulled behind d
) Q-Steer parts are all discontinued by GM / but easy parking and 3 point turns, is more important in my retirement years
- hopefully the Quadrasteer will be problem free, for many years / I only drive about 5,000 miles/year now...as wife's v6 Toyota RAV4, gets decent mpg & used for most family errands
- the RPS (rear position sensor) sell used on Ebay for like $2,500 // but a guy on FB rebuilds them now, for $200 ...auto knowledge & a gifted & smart mechanic, is Key, in these special trucks
- so their is always a smart way, to keep vehicle repair costs down
- as wife's v6 Toyota RAV4, gets decent mpg & used for family errands e
) on newer Chev trucks, I hate the square wheel wells and the body exposes a lot of the frame rails...just don't do it for me
A new loaded Silverado Z71 is probably $82,000 Cdn...and for what.
- the 4 cylinder deactivation on these v8, cause the motor to need rebuilding...after the warranty expires / problems in both bottom & top end
- and they stand so tall, on 20 inch rims...need a foot stool to crawl in
- saw a 5'10" guy gassing one up, and when he walked to the front of his truck...he looked like a "little person" / seemed like his shoulders, approached the top of the hood
NEW, No Thanks ^^ If I search very infrequently for 6 months, I can usually find a babied truck for +/- $10,000...sometimes, almost by accident.
- and I like 15 year old toys, better
- when did the aluminum LS blocks come out?
...my wild a*s guess is 2005.
- I asked Twin67
a few nights ago (?), but U will know
- any pros & cons between aluminum & cast iron blocks...besides weight
- now you got me real stoked, on the Victory Red
paint (Corvette truck color, introduced in 2003 truck model).
- 2002 red paint code, was called Fire Red
Love to see a few pics, of your 1999 z71 John
...they don't come any better.