MEL ^^ U SAY A FUNNY !!
You could commute--3 or 4 months in each place....so you won’t wear out your welcome
It’s only about a 10 hour drive to my place, though the drive with a car full of chickens might not be so pleasant.
...LMAO. Growing up, on the farm:
- I had 2 granny's, dads mom was a most lovely dear / moms-mom was a Bit#h, and everyone knew it
- bad Grandma was living with a 90# alcoholic sister, for a few decades
- drunk daughters health begin to suffer, so bG (aka = bad Grandma)
had to be relocated
- luckily the family was large, so bG was peddled off to stay at each son or daughters house...1 month/year
- a couple of the sisters, had the living will rewritten...so they controlled matters
- bG came to our farm, one month
- she had bad selective hearing...often had to repeat ourselves 2-3x
- but when we talked behind bG's back, her hearing was perfect
- one day I came home from HS and put bread in the toaster
- I was making a cinnamon & brown sugar treat...while watching Bonanza on TV
- while I was buttering my toast, bG asked me a question
- so I turn around (to hear her better), holding a butter knife...all innocent
- the next day, bG got on the party line phone and told her favorite daughter that Larry pointed a knife at her
- a week later, the fake story had come full circle...and my Dad found out
^^ Dad told my mother, tell bG to pack her bags tonight...the Bit#h is getting re-homed, for good.
- so we drop her off to a sister, controlling the new will
2 years later, bG died & all the relatives came to the farm, for drinking & playing cards.
- I went to start up the Ski-Doo for fun with our cousins
- my mom said, it won't look good...neighbors seeing the kids, having fun during a wake
- I said BS, not keeping me off the Ski-Doo and we had winter outside fun...all afternoon & night
A few days later, the will was read...bG had squandered her farm money, while living with her drunk daughter.
- family was asked to chip in, and cover funeral expenses
- my father said, the executors (2 sisters) had the will rewritten and his wife plus others were cut out
- joke was / they got cut out of financial nothing
- so the 2 sisters had to bury the Bit#h...no financial win-fall
We also shared the point the butter knife story to the aunts & uncles, they knew I was a good kid.
- I became a hero, my butter knife innocence stopped bG from living with them to
- you would like the cross country living...but we might need more regulars now, in this thread...LOL.
- logistics getting complicated / politically correct thing to say
- one month/year, might be OK to great...but 3-4 months each, not so sure...