OK AJ - I'll take the bait...someone has to push the old-truth, out of 6-7.
16 y/o Beau - in 1972...
- drove to the next rural town over / very small with 1 hockey arena, 1 church & 1 variety store
- visited a good friend, but clearly nothing to do / so we got to make, our own fun
- head to variety store / buy some balloons
- arena closed, but wash room unlocked / so fill up balloons in the sink, with water
- tie a tight knot in several filled water balloons
- go to road, and hid behind a big maple tree / with water bombs
Anyone want to hear, the rest of this story ?
I bet we won't have a choice....we'll hear it anyway.
OK, Beau...let me go run my errands and then I'll be back to listen. What did you do with those balloons?
B67......waiting for "the rest of the story" (shout out to Paul Harvey!)
Beau Part #3:
Beau PART #2
- us 4 juveniles converge, behind a big tree trunk / close to Hwy.
- wait for a car to drive by, 50-70 mph
- with great precision, time the feet/second of the vehicle...with a hand toss, of a water balloon
- trial & error / go back to restroom and fill up more balloons
- started to master the projectile timing, delivered underneath the passing cars
- was funny at first
- one car slowed down, and cursed us out loud / excitement building
- another car full of beta males, stopped and ran back to kick our arse's
- we had a big head start, so ran off behind the arena, into the trees
^^ But Beau didn't know this area / behind the arena, was a small dump.
- the 2 local boys, slowed down to an almost stop
- but Beau was running, full steam ahead / and one step into the cover, was a 20 ft. drop
- my body did a somersault, like a rag doll
- and I ended up flat on my back, straight out...on a cedar post wood pile, looking up
- next I surveyed, what had just happened
- 12" from my body, was a 3" diameter sapling tree trunk, cut off about 8" high
- if I had a fell a few feet to the left, my back would have been speared through
- and if found alive, would be in a wheel chair
Beau got lucky, very lucky...he used up 1 cat life, that night.
Part #3 later / "then you'll know, the rest of the story...Good day" !!
- after my horrific fall, I could not believe...not even a broken bone
- so I stood up, and everything was working...after I got my wind back
- and crawled up the 20 foot vertical drop
OK - that was a close call / but still got water cannons, filled up.
- so we head, back to the Hwy.
- and our Luck was about to change
- the next car, we nailed perfectly / with an exploding balloon, under its floor pan
- the car load of jocks (HS foot ball seniors), thought they had hit a kid (on the road)
- car stops in the road, 1/10th mile away (with its lights on), they all bail out and realize the prank / from the arena parking lot
- about 5 of these muscle bounds, starting running in out mis-guided direction
- someone gonna get hurt tonight / and the 4 of us juniors, run for our lives, and hide
- we climbed over a barb wire fence, and hide in the hay field
- one lad has a nasal problem, and he is snorting / we tell him to shut-the-F--up
- the seniors get to the fence, and can't see us in the dark of night
- one guy stepped on the barb wire, but didn't go any further...we were only 20 feet, inside the fence line
- they gave up chase, and we called it a night
The END / Paul Harvey, good day !!