The Girls Outside! - Page 231 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Non Doberman Animal Talk Horses, cats, birds, snakes etc... talk about your other pets and animals here.

 19470Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5751 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,173
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,487
Thanked 7,838 Times in 2,534 Posts
Images: 1
                     
"And sometimes no one answers the questions like "What's a Kubota any way? What color are they?" Red--but it's a different red than IH red."


What is a Kubota?...silly question! Kubota = orange.
alan j. is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-04-2018)
Advertisement
 
post #5752 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,173
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,487
Thanked 7,838 Times in 2,534 Posts
Images: 1
                     
The Lives of Others-2006 very good movie , life of Chickens
dobebug likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5753 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,667

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanks: 11,455
Thanked 21,789 Times in 5,846 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
^^ Good one MEL-Smarty-Pants...
- and if others cannot decipher her spoken works ?!!?
You may just be a redneck / or as trump would say, "he Loves the uneducated".
At the rate Trump is going he'd be saying something like "Keep it up and we'll find a way to apply some sort of a protective tariff to your speech or even better find a way to call it something taxable and do it that way. Or maybe protected by Presidential edict.

Beau
Quote:
can't consider he a "redneck...not a Canadian thing.
And if B67 doesn't B-have himself we'll start calling him a Canuck (using the North American insulting version.)

Auntie Bug just having way too much fun picking on everyone--but I learned it from the chicken thread. Before that I was nice, quiet and pleasant company Ummmm--NOT!!

<humming, "ain't we got fun...">

Last edited by dobebug; 03-02-2018 at 06:57 PM.
dobebug is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
Advertisement
 
post #5754 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,549
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 63,629
Thanked 54,026 Times in 17,377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
I'll be danged if I know what the heck STJ thinks he's talking about (but he's a suspicious sort (VSJ--AKA Very suspicious John)--it's possible I should just be breathing a sigh of relief that AB can't DO U-tube videos--tooooooo long--dial up--or maybe dial-up Luddite dobebug.

Only Spocksdad posts clips that will actually become tiny little short videos for me.
Dang it, I forgot. Well, if you ever see this title show up on PBS or the Nature channel (rated G), it's worth watching. If you like that kind of thing.
dobebug and 4x4bike ped like this.
melbrod is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
dobebug (03-02-2018)
post #5755 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,907
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 54,925
Thanked 22,888 Times in 8,907 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
"And sometimes no one answers the questions like "What's a Kubota any way? What color are they?" Red--but it's a different red than IH red."


What is a Kubota?...silly question! Kubota = orange.
Beau would take a Kubota Compact in a heart beat, prefer with 3PH & FEL.
- more nomenclature that will go over the heads, of common sense & reason
...

Beau would take a small Yanmar too.

AJ - did you know?
Kubota is largely exported from Japan / while the Japan farmers, like their Yanmar tractors better...better quality they say.
- and to complicate which brand is better / John Deere diesel motors, are made in the Yarmar factory in Japan

PS - Kubota became a nice-popular tractor with a most reliable Diesel and it often had an automatic transmission (Hydro).
- no clutch & no manual gear change
- makes cleaning manure out of barn stables or blowing snow, much easier

B67 loves tractor talk...thks AJ.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 03-02-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
alan j. (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-02-2018), ECIN (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5756 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,231
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 11,087
Thanked 8,623 Times in 2,019 Posts
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
...So I am vespertinal--that's when all the action is.
I guessed it might be those who like to ride those I-Talian scooters to bars?

Here's the link so you know what MB is actually talking about:
https://pets.stackexchange.com/quest...ese-mean-and-h

(Study it good as MB might give a pop quiz later!)


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!

Last edited by spocksdad; 03-02-2018 at 07:16 PM.
spocksdad is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
alan j. (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-02-2018), ECIN (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5757 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,667

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanks: 11,455
Thanked 21,789 Times in 5,846 Posts
                     
Hmmmm--I thought I'd reached into the 90's (pages) reading the chicken thread backwards from where I came in but when I gave up and started reading it forward (from 1 I figured that somewhere in the 90's I be finding stuff I'd already read.

But NO! I was wrong--just got to page 100--that page is kind of interesting--many congratulations to fellow posters for getting to page 100 and then devolved into a discussion of whose ice-cream flavor was best and on to Mrs Beau's cinnamon rolls.

To Beau--my family called those cinnamon rolls "pie crust cinnamon rolls" I make them too if I get energetic enough to make a pie.

Mel--default page count is 25--didn't know you could change it--now I know and I know how come your 50 page point equals every one else's 100 page count.

Also to Mel--thank you ever so very much for explaining the correct pronunciation of both pralines (praw-lines) and crayfish (craw-fish) and it also gave me the big clue about why the ice cream I've been eating for the last few days didn't taste right. It's because I spaced out and bought pecans and cream instead of what I intended to get, pralines (praw-lines) and cream.

But that's only because I can't get my favorite except at Christmas. I want peppermint ice cream. The kind that tastes like peppermint candy because it's flavored with crunched up peppermints. The stores carry something year around called chocolate chip mint (I think) it's green with chunks of chocolate in it--NOT the same thing--I don't want no stinking green ice cream.

You can get real peppermint ice cream at Baskin Robbins but I have boycotted them since the time I went into one and asked for a double dip--vanilla and orange sherbet--with vanilla on the bottom. I was told in a very snotty tone that Baskin Robbins didn't serve ice cream that way. (So why had they been selling it to me that way for about 5 years?). I cringed and bowed my head in shame and crept out the door to wait for the rest of my friends who were in buying ice cream. Later it occurred to me that if I'd had my wits about me I'd have ordered two ice cream cones--one vanilla and one orange sherbet and after I'd paid for them I have stuck the orange sherbet blob in top of the vanilla cone and slapped the sticky bare cone in the middle of the dork's forehead.

Ooops--that was probably way too vivid--I'll go feed the livestock and keep reading--tomorrow I'll start page 101.

The unintended blog of dobebug the Luddite
StrykersPerson and ECIN like this.
dobebug is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-02-2018), alan j. (03-02-2018), Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), ECIN (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
post #5758 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,231
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 11,087
Thanked 8,623 Times in 2,019 Posts
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
...Beau can't consider "he a redneck"...not a Canadian thing.
I thought these were Canadian "Rednecks" ?...



Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!
spocksdad is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-02-2018), ECIN (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
post #5759 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Big Lil pup
 
4x4bike ped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,715
Location: Portland, OR
Dogs Name: Foxfire's The Real McCoy (McCoy)
Titles: Pet of the Year
Dogs Age: DOB 9/12/14
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit 4x4bike ped's Gallery
Thanks: 14,603
Thanked 13,294 Times in 4,651 Posts
Images: 9
                     
Man if I hear the euphemism "dang" one more time I'm going to have to post this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0evW6v69yF0

Oh HECK! just did.

VSJ! STJ!?
StrykersPerson likes this.
4x4bike ped is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4x4bike ped For This Useful Post:
alan j. (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
post #5760 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,173
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,487
Thanked 7,838 Times in 2,534 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Beau would take a Kubota Compact in a heart beat, prefer with 3PH & FEL.
- more nomenclature that will go over the heads, of common sense & reason
...

Beau would take a small Yanmar too.

AJ - did you know?
Kubota is largely exported from Japan / while the Japan farmers, like their Yanmar tractors better...better quality they say.
- and to complicate which brand is better / John Deere diesel motors, are made in the Yarmar factory in Japan

PS - Kubota became a nice-popular tractor with a most reliable Diesel and it often had an automatic transmission (Hydro).
- no clutch & no manual gear change
- makes cleaning manure out of barn stables or blowing snow, much easier

B67 loves tractor talk...thks AJ.
yup! love the hydro static clutch, the only way to go...i hate the name yanmar, i thought the reason they used yanmar because it was subsidized by the Gov.
My only advise to give about staying away from in a Kubota is do not get anything with a plastic bonnet or hood . The torch of the engine when starting
eventually shatters all the plastic.
StrykersPerson likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-09-2018)
post #5761 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,667

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanks: 11,455
Thanked 21,789 Times in 5,846 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4bike ped View Post
Man if I hear the euphemism "dang" one more time I'm going to have to post this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0evW6v69yF0

Oh HECK! just did.

VSJ! STJ!?
Oh John, (AKA many thing most of which only have one thing in common and that's "J").

Even though it was Mel who dropped the last d**g into a post I feel guilty--I was trying not to dribble expletives out in print the way I do verbally.

How about "dagnabit!" or "drat" or um--is that really all the quasi-curses I can think of that start with "d"

I guess it is--so U TOO--have sent me to a U-TUBE site--KNOWING full good and well--ol' Luddite dobebug can't get that kind o' "s**t cause she's got d****d DIAL UP! Now you'll have to get Beau to post the words!!!!

<Mumble, gripe, complain!!!!>
StrykersPerson likes this.
dobebug is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-02-2018), Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5762 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
That is a good boy! Hope he got a good chunk!

Again, the dumbass word comes out at the risk of being scolded by Smelly Melly. Lucky for me, she let's her favorite get away with murder!



LOL

Okay, Mel. If I start using DA as a substitute, how can you all be sure I'm not talking about a District Attorney?

StrykersPerson is offline  
post #5763 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Big Lil pup
 
4x4bike ped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,715
Location: Portland, OR
Dogs Name: Foxfire's The Real McCoy (McCoy)
Titles: Pet of the Year
Dogs Age: DOB 9/12/14
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit 4x4bike ped's Gallery
Thanks: 14,603
Thanked 13,294 Times in 4,651 Posts
Images: 9
                     
LOL bug,,, It's "Dang Me" by Roger Miller (1964?). Surely you remember it!

..J! ..J! ..J!
dobebug and StrykersPerson like this.
4x4bike ped is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4x4bike ped For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-03-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
post #5764 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,173
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,487
Thanked 7,838 Times in 2,534 Posts
Images: 1
                     
I thought of canadians as more of lumberjacks

https://youtu.be/sZa26_esLBE
StrykersPerson likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), dobebug (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), StrykersPerson (03-02-2018)
post #5765 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,173
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,487
Thanked 7,838 Times in 2,534 Posts
Images: 1
                     
or just Don't Ask. SP
alan j. is offline  
post #5766 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,549
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 63,629
Thanked 54,026 Times in 17,377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
Oh John, (AKA many thing most of which only have one thing in common and that's "J").

Even though it was Mel who dropped the last d**g into a post I feel guilty--I was trying not to dribble expletives out in print the way I do verbally.

How about "dagnabit!" or "drat" or um--is that really all the quasi-curses I can think of that start with "d"

I guess it is--so U TOO--have sent me to a U-TUBE site--KNOWING full good and well--ol' Luddite dobebug can't get that kind o' "s**t cause she's got d****d DIAL UP! Now you'll have to get Beau to post the words!!!!

<Mumble, gripe, complain!!!!>
I could always use my mom's favorite..."Oh, poof!"

One of my favorite memories of her as she aged (she was a bit of a luddite herself) was the time she tried to set up her answering machine's message all by herself. I called, got the machine and heard, as her entire message.........fumble, fumble, phone drop, fumble and then "OH POOF!"
melbrod is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-03-2018), alan j. (03-02-2018)
post #5767 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,549
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 63,629
Thanked 54,026 Times in 17,377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
........but I have boycotted them since the time I went into one and asked for a double dip--vanilla and orange sherbet--with vanilla on the bottom. I was told in a very snotty tone that Baskin Robbins didn't serve ice cream that way.....
Here I must put in a plug for our local B&R's.......my son, the organist, wanted a birthday cake decorated with a pipe organ. Not an edible photo cake, but a pipe organ made of piped icing.

When we picked it up, it was WONDERFUL. Someone had spent a lot of time on the thing. I think they really enjoyed the challenge of doing something other than roses and balloons.
melbrod is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018)
post #5768 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
So I'm picturing this?

Nope, I will request, Good John do, yet, another favor for me. I thought I already posted a picture of the dreaded beast go cart. Did I? I can't read backwards on my own thread like Aunt B. I read backwards all day at work! I'm exhausted when I get home!

Dang, I didn't want to make another bootleg run... I won't be able to get in my truck fast enough to make a fast getaway.

Priced my door handle, $78.00 dollars for the part and charging me a total of $100 for the job done. Called a local dealership, just to double check my body shop dude, and they quoted me $94.00 for the part plus installation. It took the handle coming off in my hand to spend the money. It sucks crawling through a passenger door to get to the driver's seat! This paragraph is pointed at you, Beau, and all your brothers.

I apologize Ladies. Had to throw "them" a bone.



LOL
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5769 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,549
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 63,629
Thanked 54,026 Times in 17,377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Monty Python's da bomb.

I like "The Crimson Permanent Assurance"

From Vimeo
melbrod is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
alan j. (03-02-2018)
post #5770 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
Clearly I should have grown up to be a farmer or something--I think Ken and I are the only two that get up at 5:30 and you can't do that if you don't go to bed earlier than the night owls.

So I end up reading through the stuff from yesterday (which I missed by going to bed at the crack of dusk) and find that y'all've been squabbling while Mel was at work and I was sleeping.

NO MORE SQUABBLING and/or picking on each other!!!!

Sincerely AB

I've gotta' go get my hair cut--I think one of the cats was sleeping in it last night. And the Friday weather report for the left side Portland: Rain forecast, wind, some clearing and sun. Real weather report--trying to clear. Windy as all get out and COLD!
And, did you borrow Kenny's "little black dress" for that forecast, Aunt B?
StrykersPerson is offline  
post #5771 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
Oh John, (AKA many thing most of which only have one thing in common and that's "J").

Even though it was Mel who dropped the last d**g into a post I feel guilty--I was trying not to dribble expletives out in print the way I do verbally.

How about "dagnabit!" or "drat" or um--is that really all the quasi-curses I can think of that start with "d"

I guess it is--so U TOO--have sent me to a U-TUBE site--KNOWING full good and well--ol' Luddite dobebug can't get that kind o' "s**t cause she's got d****d DIAL UP! Now you'll have to get Beau to post the words!!!!

<Mumble, gripe, complain!!!!>
Hey! Aunt B!

I've got a remedy for STJ!

Need a stinker to go away? Please try a can of Emogies!

Waaay cheaper than a door handle!

If you order in the next 24 hours, we will offer FREE shipping! YES, I said FREE shipping!

How many cans would you like to order today?

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5772 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4bike ped View Post
Man if I hear the euphemism "dang" one more time I'm going to have to post this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0evW6v69yF0

Oh HECK!

VSJ! STJ!?
Dang!

Just listened to it!

Know this song. Happened to, accidentally, forget it! Love it!

Thanks BH1!

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-02-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5773 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
I thought these were Canadian "Rednecks" ?...

I love a man in uniform!

Even if it is only a dude in coveralls pulling up with a backhoe...

ECIN likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-02-2018), ECIN (03-03-2018), melbrod (03-02-2018), spocksdad (03-02-2018)
post #5774 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
I thought of canadians as more of lumberjacks

https://youtu.be/sZa26_esLBE
And, what's wrong with lumberjacks...?

Except, they cut down trees, which I dearly love...?
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
melbrod (03-02-2018)
post #5775 of 22291 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,279
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 12,096
Thanked 16,605 Times in 6,809 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
Hmmmm--I thought I'd reached into the 90's (pages) reading the chicken thread backwards from where I came in but when I gave up and started reading it forward (from 1 I figured that somewhere in the 90's I be finding stuff I'd already read.

But NO! I was wrong--just got to page 100
--that page is kind of interesting--many congratulations to fellow posters for getting to page 100 and then devolved into a discussion of whose ice-cream flavor was best and on to Mrs Beau's cinnamon rolls.

To Beau--my family called those cinnamon rolls "pie crust cinnamon rolls" I make them too if I get energetic enough to make a pie.

Mel--default page count is 25--didn't know you could change it--now I know and I know how come your 50 page point equals every one else's 100 page count.

Also to Mel--thank you ever so very much for explaining the correct pronunciation of both pralines (praw-lines) and crayfish (craw-fish) and it also gave me the big clue about why the ice cream I've been eating for the last few days didn't taste right. It's because I spaced out and bought pecans and cream instead of what I intended to get, pralines (praw-lines) and cream.

But that's only because I can't get my favorite except at Christmas. I want peppermint ice cream. The kind that tastes like peppermint candy because it's flavored with crunched up peppermints. The stores carry something year around called chocolate chip mint (I think) it's green with chunks of chocolate in it--NOT the same thing--I don't want no stinking green ice cream.

You can get real peppermint ice cream at Baskin Robbins but I have boycotted them since the time I went into one and asked for a double dip--vanilla and orange sherbet--with vanilla on the bottom. I was told in a very snotty tone that Baskin Robbins didn't serve ice cream that way. (So why had they been selling it to me that way for about 5 years?). I cringed and bowed my head in shame and crept out the door to wait for the rest of my friends who were in buying ice cream. Later it occurred to me that if I'd had my wits about me I'd have ordered two ice cream cones--one vanilla and one orange sherbet and after I'd paid for them I have stuck the orange sherbet blob in top of the vanilla cone and slapped the sticky bare cone in the middle of the dork's forehead.

Ooops--that was probably way too vivid--I'll go feed the livestock and keep reading--tomorrow I'll start page 101.

The unintended blog of dobebug the Luddite
Go just go forward. Don't turn back. "Divo" Whip it.

You are never going to get with the groove if you don't learn how to skim, AB!

I skim everyone one ALL the time on this thread.

Does get me in trouble frequently, though.



I thrive on trouble!



https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...5&action=click
StrykersPerson is offline  
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome