Speaking of +25 year old imports, I was fond of the 1990 Nissan 300ZX
- great styling overall and flush headlights...looked cool https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...00zx-road-test Now B67 has some old VW Beetle stories: a
) my cousin and his sister were big pot heads & he drove a Beetle, in his teens
- my parents visit their family, we arrive and cousin needs his pot fix for tonight's party
- parents play cards / we off to see a rich drug dealer and arrange to meet at church later
- we all go to church with parents / drug deal is done in parking lot
- rush home and pot gets hid in his room, in the battery compartment of his radio
- pot came out of hiding and we take the VW to a sod farm to smoke (Beau on cigs)
- end up at a Barn party...I remember the girls were hot / in city volumes
- a weekend in the big city, for a farm boy b
) A guy at the pool hall had borrowed his brothers VW and had a 12 pack of beer.
- it was early on a Saturday, so when asked...two of us went for a "gravel run"
- he lived 2 miles from town, so clearly knew the side roads / but got mixed up
- he thought he was one concession over
- but when we came over the crest of a hill at 50 mph, a stop sign stared us down
- and the road ended, into a "T" intersection
- going much to fast, to avoid an accident / B67 was sitting in the front bucket and braced himself
- my left hand planted on the center of the dash, pushed the light switch in
- now we cross past the intersection, with no head lights on
^^ We got lucky that night...zero damage to Beetle.
- there was no fence wire and the ditch was flat, so car didn't roll over
- plus the farmer had harvested his corn off, a few weeks earlier / so another good outcome, not even a scratch BUG
- remember that headlight switch, on the old VW's?...LOL...I do !!