Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
..........Funny story, probably only to me, but when I got near my favorite gas station near work this morning, I looked at my gas gauge. I had a half tank. Thought to my self, "It will be colder after work. Just top it off now. Spent less time in the cold filling up.
I hope I have it in me to keep this habit up!
Back in the 1970's we had a few snow storms, that shut ever thing down for a few days.
- I was in grade 8 and 3 cars couldn't make the travel, past our farm
- one night we had 5 strangers, spend the night in our house...their cars stranded, in snow bank
- on TV was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals
- I bet one guy $2 the Toronto Maple Leafs would win / he took Montreal Canadians
- Twin67 & Beau got our fishing poles out, and one guy showed us how to tie a leader
- cards being played at the kitchen table, & booze flowing
When one grows up in harsh winter conditions, a full gas tank is essential.
- plus keeps water condensation from forming, in the fuel tank Wakie-Wakie - my B-Atch friends...
Back in the mid 1970's we were headed back to College, driving in a blizzard.
- cop stopping cars with a flash light
- I let on I never saw him, and drove right past the police man...never making eye contact
- got to the next town & hwy. impassible
- but it had a Legion, beer & a pool table...so we hankered out there, for several hours