Good morning everybody!
Beau great job on BabyBear place.
Just think once he sells it and gets a new place you will get to start renovations all over again at his new home.
Thats the joy of doing excellent work you get called on again and again.
You are the master !!!
Thks every so much LDi
U know me, long read of my Papa
The basement was a Labor of Love, for Beau
to get his hands into / just like Cedar deck.
- while I'm a Pro @ Drywall & Plaster, I've had no desire to frame a wall with 2x4's
- people find this funny, how a few tasks...I became a master at
- much like I'm also a perfectionist at fixing rust in vehicles &/or welding skins...but I've never done a brake job
- I pick & choose, what interests me...and I learn from that experience
- figuring out crap & problem solving...I've trained my mind, to constantly strive for
- it was all part of my accident rehabilitation / that I undertook, without a plan in the beginning
- so Andrews projects, Dad gets to show sonny the other side of my hidden strengths
- like in the fabulous design elements, I can look @ a chit hole like a junky old car or flooded basement, and make it much better
- I always strive to make a project, 10% over the top...to recoup added equity, during an easier property sell
- and "down-to-earth" Dad...got to show off to intellectual & businessman son, that wears $2,000 suits to work (when needed)
- that was the best part
LOL still being needed...and gaining some skill-set respect
as a teenager (+20 years ago), was not interested in learning manual labour.
- travelling Triple A baseball, Brown belt karate & world ranked billiards
- plus ranked in the Top200 in Video Games & commanded a World Championship win...in Warcraft or something
- so his basement projects now...was an extension of Loving Dad Teachings, we missed sharing
- when he was young & not interested / and thought home renos, was something you just pay for
- not realizing, its the journey in Life & even hard labor is something, anyone can benefit from
- from learning to use a screw driver or wrench / to a circular saw, without cutting off fingers / to knowing how to seek out a Professional Trade person
- and knowing, how the project has to be designed...even before the quote process is started
I taught him finally, after 2 failed cedar deck quotes / homeowners have to scope out a job better, before one brings in the professional help...or it will usually result in sub-par work @ rip off prices.
- so Beau was happy, to encourage son to take on some growth, with hand tools & construction
- now he can carry on a Home Reno talk, standing around a business BBQ
- and still captivate the Ladies, with his get-R-done/hands on attitude
^^ Dad would say - Project Success / he learned how to get his hands dirty.
- and Larry helped him fill in missing pieces, he never learned as a boy...growing up BabyBear
already bought a studio flat in a top professional hipster prime area, in Toronto (January 2020) - looks like he is planning to take up new roots, in the big city now.
- likely sell his local Condo, in spring & cash in a little