The Girls Outside! - Page 1399 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Non Doberman Animal Talk Horses, cats, birds, snakes etc... talk about your other pets and animals here.

 42089Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #34951 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,007

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanks: 14,825
Thanked 29,214 Times in 7,181 Posts
                     
You know what? (of course you don't--talk about rhetorical questions). i bet I know where Kenny has been (I have lengthy conversations with my brain when I'm doing something unbelievably dull (like clipping dead blooms off the lilac trimming them back every year so they don't end up so tall the only people who can see them are those in two story houses with lilacs at those windows)

Remember his story about calling the various big rig dealers trying to figure out why the 24 bean drop units were all gummed up and not dropping beans when he was trying to seed that 50 acre filed? And he figured he was going to have clean each and every one of those drop heads (and from the tone of the report in the CT he wasn't looking foreward to it one little bit,

Either that or he fell off the seeder and bunged up his elbow again. Or, on a brighter note maybe he just indulged in a road trip to see his little girl.

WHERE EVER YOU ARE KEN--YOU'D BETTER REPORT IN SO WE CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOU.

ABTLH (and Joey the loaner, Clark the bad and Leon the very old)
Beaumont67 and StrykersPerson like this.
dobebug is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
Advertisement
 
post #34952 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,705
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 61,340
Thanked 26,952 Times in 9,696 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
Dang Beau!

And I thought I was nosy!
SP - you wear off, on people.

Well it started out, as an SD story / so technically he made me ad-lib.
- planting the rhe·tor·i·cal bait

And while Beau likes to talk, it does bring me further pleasure...to let others brag,
when they can // very unselfish, me is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
I think that is a rhetorical question...that is, one of those questions people ask that they already know the answer to, when they want a create a dramatic effect or lead a conversation in a certain direction.

Yup, I think that is what it is...
See MA & Thks - Papa learned a new word tonight..."rhe·tor·i·cal".
StrykersPerson likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 06-02-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34953 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
OK Mel,

I want to order the stark white one (first picture) and the white with the faint pink at the base of the petals (second picture) so I need to know where you ordered them and what their name is so I don't spend three months trying to figure out which ones they are in an on line catalog. The yellow one is nice but it didn't have quite the "pop" that the other two did.

A gardener friend of my grandmothers told me when I thought helping her plant her flower beds in the late spring was a big deal, told me that if you are planting a bed of something like a lot of pansies with basic dark colors (purple, blue, bright red, orange--to make sure you have several very plain white ones in there too--she said that it makes the dark or bright colors really stand out with that kind of contrast it make everything look better. Sometimes I can hear Miss Monica whispering in my ear--"Tell her yes, you do want the plain white ones--but don't tell her our secret".

Anyway--those are pretty spectacular.

ABTLH
Just a little whisper in the ear Aunt B, AJ will ship you some for free!

Beaumont67 likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020)
Advertisement
 
post #34954 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,336
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 15,064
Thanked 15,423 Times in 3,123 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Landscape Project Update

Just under halfway done! It's turned out to be quite a project, but I love working on this kind of stuff! Didn't have Eva in front today as we got quite a rains hower in morning and she likes to get into flowerbeds! When I secured at noon for lunch/ rain break, poor Eva was diligently waiting for me right inside gate, soaking wet...


Halfway Done- Left Flowerbed and Mini Island




Low End - Notice 3-Tiers Needed Both Sections




Right Flowerbed Completed

(Note- last plant is Pride of Barbados that finally just started to thrive.)




Right Flowerbed Overview





Eva the Diva Snoop Keeping Watch (Mon)




Next to do are walkway islands, R & L of center entry walk from street. These will both require stepped tiers as there is about a foot drop in grade from back of island to front where it joins walkway.

Last section to do is the right tree island (just behind Eva in picture) which will also be hard, since grade here has a lot of hills and valleys around trees.
StrykersPerson likes this.


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!

Last edited by spocksdad; 06-02-2020 at 06:09 PM.
spocksdad is online now  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
alan j. (06-02-2020), Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34955 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
SP - you wear off, on people.

Well it started out, as an SD story / so technically he made me ad-lib.
- planting the rhe·tor·i·cal bait

And while Beau likes to talk, it does bring me further pleasure...to let others brag,
when they can // very unselfish, me is.



See MA & Thks - Papa learned a new word tonight..."rhe·tor·i·cal".
I've blamed everything on you from the get go.

So what's your point?

Beaumont67 and LadyDi like this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020)
post #34956 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
You know what? (of course you don't--talk about rhetorical questions). i bet I know where Kenny has been (I have lengthy conversations with my brain when I'm doing something unbelievably dull (like clipping dead blooms off the lilac trimming them back every year so they don't end up so tall the only people who can see them are those in two story houses with lilacs at those windows)

Remember his story about calling the various big rig dealers trying to figure out why the 24 bean drop units were all gummed up and not dropping beans when he was trying to seed that 50 acre filed? And he figured he was going to have clean each and every one of those drop heads (and from the tone of the report in the CT he wasn't looking foreward to it one little bit,

Either that or he fell off the seeder and bunged up his elbow again. Or, on a brighter note maybe he just indulged in a road trip to see his little girl.

WHERE EVER YOU ARE KEN--YOU'D BETTER REPORT IN SO WE CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOU.

ABTLH (and Joey the loaner, Clark the bad and Leon the very old)
Yeah!

What Aunt B said!

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020)
post #34957 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,776
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 7,750
Thanked 11,476 Times in 3,135 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
You know what? (of course you don't--talk about rhetorical questions). i bet I know where Kenny has been (I have lengthy conversations with my brain when I'm doing something unbelievably dull (like clipping dead blooms off the lilac trimming them back every year so they don't end up so tall the only people who can see them are those in two story houses with lilacs at those windows)

Remember his story about calling the various big rig dealers trying to figure out why the 24 bean drop units were all gummed up and not dropping beans when he was trying to seed that 50 acre filed? And he figured he was going to have clean each and every one of those drop heads (and from the tone of the report in the CT he wasn't looking foreward to it one little bit,

Either that or he fell off the seeder and bunged up his elbow again. Or, on a brighter note maybe he just indulged in a road trip to see his little girl.

WHERE EVER YOU ARE KEN--YOU'D BETTER REPORT IN SO WE CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOU.

ABTLH (and Joey the loaner, Clark the bad and Leon the very old)
You are getting warm when it comes to what Kenny is up to , i can hear him cussing all the way down south...sometimes when you wear so many different hats it gets tough to make them fit (not) quite right!
dobebug, StrykersPerson and LadyDi like this.
alan j. is online now  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), dobebug (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34958 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Just under halfway done! It's turned out to be quite a project, but I love working on this kind of stuff! Didn't have Eva in front today as we got quite a rains hower in morning and she likes to get into flowerbeds! When I secured at noon for lunch/ rain break, poor Eva was diligently waiting for me right inside gate, soaking wet...


Halfway Done- Left Flowerbed and Mini Island




Low End - Notice 3-Tiers Needed Both Sections




Right Flowerbed Completed

(Note- last plant is Pride of Barbados that finally just started to thrive.)




Right Flowerbed Overview





Eva the Diva Snoop Keeping Watch (Mon)




Next to do are walkway islands, R & L of center entry walk from street. These will both require stepped tiers as there is about a foot drop in grade from back of island to front where it joins walkway.

Last section to do is the right tree island (just behind Eva in picture) which will also be hard, since grade here has a lot of hills and valleys around trees.

Well done Daddio!

My Dad has some landscaping competition.

Did you encounter any snakes along the way?
LadyDi likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020)
post #34959 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,776
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 7,750
Thanked 11,476 Times in 3,135 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Just under halfway done! It's turned out to be quite a project, but I love working on this kind of stuff! Didn't have Eva in front today as we got quite a rains hower in morning and she likes to get into flowerbeds! When I secured at noon for lunch/ rain break, poor Eva was diligently waiting for me right inside gate, soaking wet...


Halfway Done- Left Flowerbed and Mini Island




Low End - Notice 3-Tiers Needed Both Sections




Right Flowerbed Completed

(Note- last plant is Pride of Barbados that finally just started to thrive.)




Right Flowerbed Overview





Eva the Diva Snoop Keeping Watch (Mon)




Next to do are walkway islands, R & L of center entry walk from street. These will both require stepped tiers as there is about a foot drop in grade from back of island to front where it joins walkway.

Last section to do is the right tree island (just behind Eva in picture) which will also be hard, since grade here has a lot of hills and valleys around trees.
Good job on the retaining blocks , you made the base level!

A magic carpet for the Dobe thats one way to get those squirrels!
dobebug, StrykersPerson and LadyDi like this.
alan j. is online now  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), dobebug (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34960 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,705
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 61,340
Thanked 26,952 Times in 9,696 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Eva the Diva Snoop Keeping Watch (Mon)




Next to do are walkway islands, R & L of center entry walk from street. These will both require stepped tiers as there is about a foot drop in grade from back of island to front where it joins walkway.

Last section to do is the right tree island (just behind Eva in picture) which will also be hard, since grade here has a lot of hills and valleys around trees.
A most beautiful property and top notch Landscaping work...SD by handyman self.
- Eva is so content, on the outside Mat, is she off-leash...on property front ?
- she must not be prone, to running after the nearest squirrel
- such a happy girl, project supervising from a comfortable distance
StrykersPerson likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 06-02-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34961 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,036
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 3 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 80,809
Thanked 65,612 Times in 19,762 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
mm'K Bug, let's see...

Longsgardens.com

They are all tall bearded irises.

Here's the gallery:
https://longsgardens.com/gallery.php...=show&gazgal=7
Here's the text catalog:
https://longsgardens.com/documents/2...onlinerev2.pdf

Here's their pictures with descriptions:

The pure white one is FROSTED JULEP (on page with images 49-60)


$10.00 (MAGEE 2009) lacy white with hint o' mint


The one that is "pinky" is AGATE AWAY (on page with images 1-12) Actually it is a very faint lavender.


$12.00 (J. HALL 2013) TB 37� L
A delicate, pale lavender self with light purple veining on the falls. A good growing iris with a high bud count. Honky Tonk Blues X 97-08C (Snowy Wonderland X unknown)


Another one you might like if you're aiming for pure white (I waded the catalog for you ) I don't know why I didn't order this one instead of one of the above. Maybe they didn't have enough of them to sell last year??

VICKERMAN VALLEY (on page with images 145-153)


$12.00 (HALL, J. 2010) L Ruffled and laced white self. The red to gold veining in the hafts sets off the red to orange to yellow beards. A nice iris, white as snow. Pink Gala X Lacy Snowflake
dobebug and LadyDi like this.

Last edited by melbrod; 06-02-2020 at 07:56 PM.
melbrod is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), dobebug (06-03-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), MeadowCat (06-03-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020)
post #34962 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 PM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,336
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 15,064
Thanked 15,423 Times in 3,123 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
A most beautiful property and top notch Landscaping work...SD by handyman self.
- Eva is so content, on the outside Mat, is she off-leash...on property front ?
- she must not be prone, to running after the nearest squirrel
- such a happy girl, project supervising from a comfortable distance

Thanks, but Eva is on a self retrieving SST tether connected to the tree. Otherwise, she'd be greeting all the Fedex, UPS & USPS delivery persons at the curb!

Her and Lanah made it round the block this morning on first light walk. Eva was feeling good today. No matter how tired or hurting she is, she always seems to have the energy to chase squirrels and guard the house. She's not relinquishing her Dobe job duties anytime soon, she told me...
Beaumont67 and StrykersPerson like this.


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!
spocksdad is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34963 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 07:54 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,036
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 3 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 80,809
Thanked 65,612 Times in 19,762 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
I also ordered this one because I thought it might be interesting. I'm not sure it's going to bloom this year--that is, if I planted it where I think I did. I have a few others, but they're not open yet, so who knows?

FLOPSY (page with images 49-60)



$10.00 (LOOMIS r. 1990) novelty white flower opens flat
StrykersPerson likes this.
melbrod is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34964 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
Good job on the retaining blocks , you made the base level!

A magic carpet for the Dobe thats one way to get those squirrels!



Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WiyxXpyZc
LadyDi likes this.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), spocksdad (06-03-2020)
post #34965 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,705
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 61,340
Thanked 26,952 Times in 9,696 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
mm'K Bug, let's see...

Longsgardens.com

They are all tall bearded irises.

Here's the gallery:
https://longsgardens.com/gallery.php...=show&gazgal=7
Here's the text catalog:
https://longsgardens.com/documents/2...onlinerev2.pdf

Here's their pictures with descriptions:

The pure white one is FROSTED JULEP (on page with images 49-60)


$10.00 (MAGEE 2009) lacy white with hint o' mint


The one that is "pinky" is AGATE AWAY (on page with images 1-12) Actually it is a very faint lavender.


$12.00 (J. HALL 2013) TB 37� L
A delicate, pale lavender self with light purple veining on the falls. A good growing iris with a high bud count. Honky Tonk Blues X 97-08C (Snowy Wonderland X unknown)


Another one you might like if you're aiming for pure white (I waded the catalog for you ) I don't know why I didn't order this one instead of one of the above. Maybe they didn't have enough of them to sell last year??

VICKERMAN VALLEY (on page with images 145-153)


$12.00 (HALL, J. 2010) L Ruffled and laced white self. The red to gold veining in the hafts sets off the red to orange to yellow beards. A nice iris, white as snow. Pink Gala X Lacy Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
I also ordered this one because I thought it might be interesting. I'm not sure it's going to bloom this year--that is, if I planted it where I think I did. I have a few others, but they're not open yet, so who knows?

FLOPSY (page with images 49-60)



$10.00 (LOOMIS r. 1990) novelty white flower opens flat
Plants looking real good, proud MEL.
- you must be our "green thumb Flower Child" here
- ever been to Woodstock ??

Leave it to your #1 favorite Beau, next to bratSP of coarse... I've taken the liberty to condense your lovely photos above ...down to 4 emoji's, and U impressed, I know.
- no need to thank me / over & over, again Ma
StrykersPerson likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 06-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34966 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
I am going to need one of you poets to write a cover letter for me.

StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), spocksdad (06-02-2020)
post #34967 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 09:15 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,705
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 61,340
Thanked 26,952 Times in 9,696 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
I am going to need one of you poets to write a cover letter for me.

Beau no help SP - I can write, short stories...that's not the problem.
- but grammar & spelling, may not Help your efforts much...sorry
StrykersPerson likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-02-2020), StrykersPerson (06-02-2020)
post #34968 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,753
Location: Guthrie, OK
Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanks: 18,301
Thanked 34,728 Times in 10,279 Posts
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
Good job on the retaining blocks , you made the base level!

A magic carpet for the Dobe thats one way to get those squirrels!
His neighbor's yard looks like crap.
StrykersPerson is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-02-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020)
post #34969 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,336
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 15,064
Thanked 15,423 Times in 3,123 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
His neighbor's yard looks like crap.

No goats...
StrykersPerson likes this.


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!
spocksdad is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-03-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34970 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 04:24 AM
Alpha
 
ECIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7,810
Location: Indiana
Dogs Name: Kadin aka Mr. Business & Ali
Titles: Blue Ribbon's Every Day
Dogs Age: 2 & 9
Gallery Pics: 341
Visit ECIN's Gallery
Thanks: 24,541
Thanked 29,272 Times in 7,445 Posts
Images: 341
                     
Click here to find out how ECIN became a supporter
Good morning everybody - Been super busy on the farm - we have got so behind do to weather - then the bean planter went down - had parts flown in over night - got it going again yesterday afternoon and the dang thing broke down again , have NO idea what is wrong and neither do the dealers . Storms moving in this afternoon , Neighbor is bringing in his planter to try and get me done before rain . btw - large hail , high winds + heavy rain possible , Was side dressing corn yesterday , morning . Alan was right - I was not talking to the planter very nice the other day , but it made me do it .

Mel - your weeds look pretty .

Got to get going here .

Be safe .

Doc
ECIN is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECIN For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-03-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-03-2020), spocksdad (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34971 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 05:46 AM
Alpha
 
LadyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,170
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 4
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanks: 41,834
Thanked 18,352 Times in 5,356 Posts
Images: 4
                     
Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Sorry Chicken Hawks, but would some more experienced members, please kindly explain to Beau...as I am a little naive, much to Papa's apparent innocence / and stumped for a viable answer.

- what are examples of "non-TV activities", in a Bed Room setting, besides reading or sleeping ???

- asking for a Friend
Eat pretzel M&M’s.
And rattle the bag like a squirrel.
That what Scott does!!!!
StrykersPerson likes this.

Hoss
LadyDi is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-03-2020), spocksdad (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34972 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Dobes Dobles +1
 
spocksdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,336
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Dogs Name: Sunking's Spock- Dobe/ Eva -HADR Rescue Dobe/ Lanah- Mini Mutt/ RIP-Lillah- ChiTerrierX
Titles: Spock CGC, PP Therapy Dog, Eva PP Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 9/9/5
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit spocksdad's Gallery
Thanks: 15,064
Thanked 15,423 Times in 3,123 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Click here to find out how spocksdad became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Sorry Chicken Hawks, but would some more experienced members, please kindly explain to Beau...as I am a little naive, much to Papa's apparent innocence / and stumped for a viable answer.

- what are examples of "non-TV activities", in a Bed Room setting, besides reading or sleeping ???

- asking for a Friend

Example of "non-TV activities"?

Canine Nappy Time

Beaumont67 and StrykersPerson like this.


Ten Doberman Rules
Poke Everything.
It's New? Bark At It.
Moves? Chase It.
Doesn't Move? Smell It.
Liquid? Spill and Dribble It.
Treat or Food? Wolf It Down.
Not Food? Chew It Slowly, Be Quiet & Hide From Human.
A Toy? Shred & Destroy It.
Stuffed? De-Stuff It.
Bites You Back? Wrestle It!
spocksdad is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spocksdad For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-03-2020), LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34973 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 06:41 AM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,705
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 61,340
Thanked 26,952 Times in 9,696 Posts
                     
Papa Place
Our 4 Capalpa Trees & corner tree on house...all grew out little full leaves, last night.
- like just overnight / amazing how fast buds turn into leaves
- its looks like a day of slight drizzle rain today

Glad to see Doc drop by for a quick update - roaster's girls, all worry about you.
- and the dam bean planter, jamming up again...with not a real cause, to fix
- so aggravating / we all hoping the rest of the week...goes more to plan

Morning to - LDi & SD...up earlier than Beau, this morning.
- wakey-wakey MEL

Beau is taking RubyRed into garage @ 8:30 this morning.
- front ABS sensors, pulling an error code
- engine light, from E-Vap code...for emissions, which aren't check anymore in ON
- LED install / front Low Beam / ordered from Amazon Canada // amazing light quality,
on wife's RAV4 already
https://www.amazon.ca/LEDEAGLE-LED-H...p?ie=UTF8&th=1
StrykersPerson likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 06-03-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34974 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Alpha
 
LadyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,170
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 4
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanks: 41,834
Thanked 18,352 Times in 5,356 Posts
Images: 4
                     
Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Good morning everyone.
Glad it’s Friday!
It’s been a long week here at the office.
I prefer working at home....
No I prefer traveling to SP house and showing her how to remove wall paper.
Seriously Cuz, yes Scott and I have discussed when we retire 2 years from now of
Renting an RV and traveling all over the nation for a few months.
Yes Guthrie is on our map but I do not want to go sight seeing I want the experience of being a farm girl.
You know cleaning chicken coops, chasing goats, spreading hay, feeding horses, and stuff like that my friend.
We could go to the biker bar down the road from you.
When we go to Canada I want to go to the ice cream place.
And when I go to San Antonio I want to go to a cowboy places.
Colorado I want to hike in the mountains.
Oregon I want to go to hiking and
Dakota’s I want to go to Sturgis and the a cow’s barn.
Barn Loft camping would be interesting.
Utah, oh that cabin sounds wonderful.
Indiana I want to be a real farmer for one week and plant some of my own seeds to beautify the land.
Oh lets see ....what else can we do.....Scott and I are hard workers.
So we are visiting but willing to work for food and stuff.
AJ’s on our return to Florida as he has a nice ga-zee-bo and not to far from the beaches.
If I lift kettle bells will that help be with moving bales of hay at the farm houses?
What’s the best for upper body Spock?
Beaumont67 and StrykersPerson like this.

Hoss

Last edited by LadyDi; 06-03-2020 at 07:01 AM.
LadyDi is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
post #34975 of 36392 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Alpha
 
TNfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,174
Location: Middle TN
Dogs Name: Mocha
Titles: CGC
Dogs Age: DOB 3/21/2014
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit TNfisher's Gallery
Thanks: 18,335
Thanked 14,393 Times in 2,951 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Click here to find out how TNfisher became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
Good morning everyone.
Glad it’s Friday!
It’s been a long week here at the office.
I prefer working at home....
No I prefer traveling to SP house and showing her how to remove wall paper.
Seriously Cuz, yes Scott and I have discussed when we retire 2 years from now of
Renting an RV and traveling all over the nation for a few months.
Yes Guthrie is on our map but I do not want to go sight seeing I want the experience of being a farm girl.
You know cleaning chicken coops, chasing goats, spreading hay, feeding horses, and stuff like that my friend.
We could go to the biker bar down the road from you.
When we go to Canada I want to go to the ice cream place.
And when I go to San Antonio I want to go to a cowboy places.
Colorado I want to hike in the mountains.
Oregon I want to go to hiking and
Dakota’s I want to go to Sturgis and the a cow’s barn.
Barn Loft camping would be interesting.
Utah, oh that cabin sounds wonderful.
Indiana I want to be a real farmer for one week and plant some of my own seeds to beautify the land.
Oh lets see ....what else can we do.....Scott and I are hard workers.
So we are visiting but willing to work for food and stuff.
AJ’s on our return to Florida as he has a nice ga-zee-bo and not to far from the beaches.
If I lift kettle bells will that help be with moving bales of hay at the farm houses?
What’s the best for upper body Spock?
Whew, my smoker is safe.
StrykersPerson likes this.



She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader.
She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
- Author Unknown
TNfisher is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNfisher For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (06-03-2020), melbrod (06-03-2020), StrykersPerson (06-03-2020)
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome