|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|06-04-2020 09:10 PM|
- and how is your wallpaper removal going
Beau got new 9006 LED Headlight bulbs, to install in RubyRed, so I was YouTube studying, headlight assembly removal.
- luckily I don't have to remove the 12v battery, for hand access
- just pull a galvanized pin, and the whole headlight out...in 30 seconds
Headlights removal , this easy // How to Replace Headlights 03-06 Chevy Silverado 1500
And the best LED LOW BEAMS, out there / Amazon Canada.
- LEDEAGLE DiamondVision2 9006 HB4 LED Headlight Bulbs, Farthest Bright Light for Highway Driving, Pack of 2 Bulbs
I was at buddy's garage last night - they pissed around for 1.5 hours (at night), trying to remove a headlight bulb on a Mercedes 350...no hand room.
- now SUV has to come back, and front bumper has to be removed first
|06-04-2020 08:38 PM|
Y'all are boring tonight! |
|06-04-2020 08:33 PM|
I've got a freaky looking cloud rolling in. |
I don't want a tornado or damaging winds. Can I just have just have some rumbles and a light show?
|06-04-2020 08:16 PM|
I am trying to watch a movie and the national weather center keeps interrupting. |
Can I have my sound back now?
Oh great! And now it's a commercial.
|06-04-2020 08:13 PM|
Originally Posted by beaumont67 View Post
|06-04-2020 08:10 PM|
|Beaumont67|| Girls mature faster, than boys. |
Men don't usually develop boobs,
until their mid-40s.
Beau hates portable dishwashers, just looking at dam thing sitting in the kitchen...alone.
- we once installed high end used kitchen, from a rich house...$1,350 cash
- I stripped and refinished them, and would look like a $20,000 custom kitchen
- and we installed a new sink, under a window...and added a built in dishwasher
|06-04-2020 08:06 PM|
Where the hell are you?
|06-04-2020 07:59 PM|
I've changed my mind. Mister and I had a discussion tonight.
I'm letting him rip on/out the cabinet. Getting a built in one!
Labor is free!
Damn I am good!
|06-04-2020 07:41 PM|
|06-04-2020 07:39 PM|
|StrykersPerson||Now how are Lannie and I supposed to catch up with all this jabber you all have been spouting?|
|06-04-2020 07:36 PM|
|spocksdad|| Hey, Mack! |
You can't see me...I'm over here.
Call me Eva (the DoberDiva).
See these blocks? They're in MY yard and on MY street...
Don't EVEN Think About It!...
Yep, I'm WATCHIN' You!
|06-04-2020 04:48 PM|
|Beaumont67|| Back in the Day... |
The only time, you ever saw panic buying - was when the Bartender yelled, "Last Call".
|06-04-2020 04:36 PM|
I had seen the above years ago--searching for it just now, I discovered this one too. But I don't think it is quite as good: |
Define the Multiverse. Give three examples.
What is opposite of "Time"?
The test proctor is an underpaid graduate student. Negotiate your final grade using any economic priciples. Be certain to rationlize any and all ethical, moral, and legal decisions.
Scientists have discovered that skunk spray, when applied topically, rejuvenates skin. Create a brand identity and marketing plan that positions this product as a luxury item.
Underneath your seat you will find a picture of an obscure superhero. Create a belief system complete with rituals, hierarchies, gospel, and prophecy.
Extra credit will be given to any student demonstrating practical application during the examination.
A two-dimensional circle has an area defined as the square of the radius multiplied by the constant Pi. A three-dimensional sphere has a volume defined as the cube of the radius multiplied by four-thirds and the constant Pi. How many circles does it take to fill a sphere with an equal radius?
|06-04-2020 04:19 PM|
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
|06-04-2020 04:03 PM|
Define the Universe!!! |
We must first determine the definition of what "is" is!
|06-04-2020 03:55 PM|
And then there's this: |
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Answer all questions. Time limit -- 4 hours. Begin immediately.
HISTORY: Describe the history of the papacy from its origins to the present day, concentrating especially but not exclusively, on its social, political, economic, religious and philosophical impact on Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Be brief, concise and specific.
MEDICINE: You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture until your work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.
LITERATURE: Compare and contrast Shakespeare's Hamlet with Homer's The Iliad. Was Shakespeare inspired or influenced by Homer? Consider family dynamics, intrigue, politics, and extramarital affairs in your answer.
PUBLIC SPEAKING: 2,500 riot-crazed aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm them. You may use any ancient language except Latin or Greek.
BIOLOGY: Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had developed 500 million year earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the English parliamentary system. Prove your thesis.
MUSIC: Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with flute and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.
PSYCHOLOGY: Based on your knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional stability, degree of adjustment and repressed frustrations of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisias, Ramses II, Gregory of Nicea, Hammurabi. Support your evaluation with quotations from each man's work, making appropriate references. It is not necessary to translate.
SOCIOLOGY: Estimate the sociological problems which might accompany the end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your theory.
MANAGEMENT SCIENCE: Define management. Define Science. How do they relate?
ENGINEERING: The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been placed in a box on your desk. You will also find an instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In ten minutes a hungry Bengal tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel appropriate. Be prepared to justify your decision.
ECONOMICS: Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt. Trace the possible effects of your plan in the following areas: cubism, the Donatist controversy, the wave theory of light. Outline a method for preventing the effects. Criticize this method from all possible points of view. Point out the deficiencies in your point of view, as demonstrated in your answer to the last question.
POLITICAL SCIENCE: There is a red phone on the desk beside you. Start World War III. Report at length on its socio-political effects, if any.
EPISTEMOLOGY: Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of your position.
PHILOSOPHY: Sketch the development of human thought; estimate its significance. Compare with the development of any other kind of thought.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.
EXTRA CREDIT: Define the universe; give three examples.
|06-04-2020 03:42 PM|
Geography (Time, one hour) |
1. What is climate? Upon what does climate depend? Something sexual
2. How do you account for the extremes of climate in Kansas? Same as above answer , but it depends on how good you are
3. Of what use are rivers? Of what use is the ocean? To fish In
4. Describe the mountains of North America. Pretty tall !
5. Name and describe the following: Monrovia, Odessa, Denver, Manitoba, Hecla, Yukon, St. Helena, Juan Fernandez, Aspinwall & Orinoco. They were all old cowboys
6. Name and locate the principal trade centers of the U.S. The Ohio river , the PNW and the Gulf of Mexico
7. Name all the republics of Europe and give the capital of each. huh , your kidding - right ?
8. Why is the Atlantic Coastcolder than the Pacific in the same latitude? There is more hot air on the left hand side
9. Describe the process by which the water of the ocean returns to the sources of rivers. it goes up and falls back down - runs off the fields and in the river
10. Describe the movements of the earth. Slow Give the inclination of the earth. = A big mess !
|06-04-2020 03:38 PM|
I have encountered their writings from some of the WW1 chronicles where the young warriors had written letters home to their loved ones. Beautiful structure , choices of words and even the script was also some thing to envy. |
I may be wrong but the education then was a true Liberal Arts which was a basis for whatever the individual focus would be in life.
|06-04-2020 03:20 PM|
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
I've been looking a those for years--everytime i find one somewhere and remain stunned at the kind of things that kids were expected to learn.
Modern educational theory has been pushing for not memorizing thing but to seeking them out by other methods but there's some stuff that really isn't immediately intuative for most people.
Now of course everyone has a portable device of some sort that obviates the need to have memorized almost anything. But when my middle stepdaughter was in the 8th grade and was 13 or 14 and in a different school system than the Seattle one she'd started out in she was have lots of problems with her math class. So I sat down with her to see what she was working on and realized that she couldn't multiply or divide and it was because she had never had (as I had to) memorize the multiplication tables to 12 x 12. (For the record I can't imagine how anyone can get along without knowing them but that's me! And I still can't do things on computers that a friends kid (8 year old) tried to show me how it worked.
At any rate--a couple of days later my stepkid got in trouble with her father about something and he told her to pick her punishment. She did--and I was kind of amazed because this kid who was the least scholerly of my three stepdaughters opted to sit in the kitchen and memorize the "times" tables.
And she did--and equally miraculessly her math problems pretty much evaporated that year.
But over the years as many times as I've seen that particular test (and I"ve seen it many time--seems to be a popular example--I couldn't pass that test. So I'm still in awe of and would have loved to have met some of the 8th graders that took and passed the test.
|06-04-2020 02:52 PM|
Yeah, my choice of reading matter to some degree explains my inability shop for clothes without 'a little help from my friends." But I'm right at home in a hardware store. Beau will appreciate this--about 6 months ago I was in alittle neighborhood Ace hardware and was picking our fastenings from their well labled bins--a guy came over and asked if I needed help--told him no. Just needed an assortment of stainless steel fasteners and continued to pick out stuff--labeled the bag I was putting them in and the price. When I got to the register the guy said--"You want a job?" Seems that they have a hard time finding people who actually like working in hardware stores. I laughed and told him was trying to retire from a job that I was still working at only one day a week. He sighed heavily and said that it wasn't every day you found someone wandering around the store who knew the difference between fasteners.
|06-04-2020 02:40 PM|
|alan j.|| |
8th GRADE FINAL EXAM
Grammar (Time, one hour)
1. Give nine rules for the use of Capital Letters.
2. Name the Parts of Speech and define those that have no Modifications.
3. Define Verse, Stanza and Paragraph.
4. What are the Principal Parts of a verb. Give Principal Parts of. lie, lay and run
5. Define Case, Illustrate each Case.
6. What is Punctuation? Give rules for principal marks of Punctuation.
7. Write a composition of about 150 words and show therein that you understand the practical use of the rules of grammar.
Arithmetic (Time, 1.25 hours)
1. Name and define the Fundamental Rules of Arithmetic.
2. A wagon box is 2 ft deep, 10 feet long and 3 ft. wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?
3. If a load of wheat weighs 3942 lbs., what is it worth at 50cts/bushel, deducting 1050lbs. for tare?
4. District No. 33 has a valuation of $35,000. What is the necessary levy to carry on a school seven months at $50 per month, and have $104 for incidentals?
5. Find cost of 6720 lbs. coal at $6.00 per ton.
6. Find the interest of $512.60 for 8 months and 18 days at 7 percent.
7. What is the cost of 40 boards 12 inches wide and 16 ft. long at $20 per meter?
8 Find bank discount on $300 for! 90 days (no grace) at 10 percent.
9. What is the cost of a square farm at $15 per acre, the distance around which is 640 rods?
10. Write a Bank Check, a Promissory Note, and a Receipt.
U. S. History (Time, 45 minutes)
1. Give the epochs into which U. S. History is divided.
2. Give an account of the discovery of Americaby Columbus.
3. Relate the causes and results of the Revolutionary War.
4. Show the territorial growth of the United States.
5. Tell what you can of the history of Kansas.
6. Describe three of the most prominent battles of the Rebellion.
7. Who were the following: Morse, Whitney, Fulton, Bell, Lincoln, Penn, and Howe?
8. Name events connected with the following dates: 1607, 1620, 1800, 1849, 1865.
Orthography (Time, one hour)
1. What is meant by the following: Alphabet, phonetic, orthography, etymology, syllabication?
2. What are elementary sounds? How classified?
3. What are the following, and give examples of each: Trigraph, sub vocals, diphthong, cognate letters, linguals?
4. Give four substitutes for caret 'u! '.
5. Give two rules for spelling words with final 'e.' Name two exceptions under each rule.
6. Give two uses of silent letters in spelling. Illustrate each.
7. Define the following prefixes and use in connection with a word: bi, dis, mis, pre, semi, post, non, inter, mono, sup
8. Mark diacritically and divide into syllables the following, and name the sign that indicates the sound: card, ball, mercy, sir, odd, cell, rise, blood, fare, last.
9. Use the following correctly in sentences: cite, site, sight, fane,
fain, feign, vane, vain, vein, raze, raise, rays.
10. Write 10 words frequently mispronounced and indicate pronunciation by use of diacritical marks and by syllabication.
Geography (Time, one hour)
1. What is climate? Upon what does climate depend?
2. How do you account for the extremes of climate in Kansas?
3. Of what use are rivers? Of what use is the ocean?
4. Describe the mountains of North America.
5. Name and describe the following: Monrovia, Odessa, Denver, Manitoba, Hecla, Yukon, St. Helena, Juan Fernandez, Aspinwall & Orinoco.
6. Name and locate the principal trade centers of the U.S.
7. Name all the republics of Europeand give the capital of each.
8. Why is the Atlantic Coastcolder than the Pacific in the same latitude?
9. Describe the process by which the water of the ocean returns to the sources of rivers.
10. Describe the movements of the earth. Give the inclination of the earth.
|06-04-2020 02:34 PM|
she said sourly. |
WOW ! SP - I think Ma is getting ready to send you to the woodshed --------------------- Again LOL
BTW- SP = You have them dishes washed yet ??????????????????
What I don't understand is about the portable dish washer ! Isn't Denny a portable dish washer ?
|06-04-2020 02:31 PM|
|06-04-2020 01:19 PM|
|06-04-2020 01:18 PM|
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
I liked them too. Girl's publications were always too full of sewing and cooking tips back then; later they came with the newest hairstyles and directions about how to apply makeup. Boring. e.e
Yet more evidence of shared genetic material between us.
|This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|