Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - Reply to Topic
Non Doberman Animal Talk Horses, cats, birds, snakes etc... talk about your other pets and animals here.

Thread: The Girls Outside! Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
12-12-2019 07:09 AM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
And here I thought I might like your kind of service work. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not for me--an impossible goal to meet. LOLOL

And thank you alan for giving me permission to sleep late. (Not that I need it) But I'll be sure to think of that next time I half wake up at 8 and try to decide if I want just a touch more.

Mel, are you seriously thinking about that for HDD?

How's his temperment around meeting strangers? We have a cattle type dog, Stormy, in our PP organization and he was at two events with us at St. Mary's Univ. He is soooo laid back and calm, even more than Spock is at these events:


https://twitter.com/StMarysU/status/1202740711357112320


https://www.facebook.com/StMarysU/vi...1038951614867/
12-12-2019 07:06 AM
ECIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
So Doc must be sleeping in today.....he was using up some vacation days as I recall.
I think its time for Mr. Business to take a trip to town and do some shopping at the doggie store.
Vacation days are way over rated ! got up at 5:30 - that's a.m. for Mel = morning time Anyway just came back in from some stuff I had to do this morning . A little chilly out this morning - 25 with a lite breeze . So Spocksdad - fill us in on your activities yesterday
12-12-2019 06:56 AM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
No kidding!!! I have so much to learn.
So does wifey give you a great back scratch with her weapons?
Scott is already begging me to scratch his back.
Maybe I will...suppose another part of marital bliss......

Well a detailed answer would be a little TMI, so I'll respond with my stock reply:
"Yeah, marital bliss.....that's the ticket!"


Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
So Doc must be sleeping in today.....he was using up some vacation days as I recall.
I think its time for Mr. Business to take a trip to town and do some shopping at the doggie store.
^^^Sounds good! Doc and Mr. B can start getting supplies for the new puppy coming this winter...
12-12-2019 06:46 AM
LadyDi So Doc must be sleeping in today.....he was using up some vacation days as I recall.
I think its time for Mr. Business to take a trip to town and do some shopping at the doggie store.
12-12-2019 06:44 AM
LadyDi No kidding!!! I have so much to learn.
So does wifey give you a great back scratch with her weapons?
Scott is already begging me to scratch his back.
Maybe I will...suppose another part of marital bliss......
12-12-2019 06:41 AM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
Progress report .....My nails are growing.

YEP




Oh Yeah LaDi, makin' great progress on those....

You'll be needing this nail accessory kit at work soon.

Better place your order now!

12-12-2019 06:30 AM
LadyDi Good morning everyone!
12-11-2019 11:41 PM
melbrod Oooh...way to go!
12-11-2019 11:02 PM
LadyDi Progress report .....My nails are growing.

YEP
12-11-2019 10:53 PM
LadyDi Loved yer Stryker butt story!
Living the good life.
12-11-2019 10:50 PM
LadyDi Yellow?
12-11-2019 09:44 PM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
...SD....your point level depends on how nice I feel at any given moment, and how much of a pain you generally are. Which accounts for SP's failure to get very many points even when she's good.
( Love ya, SP )

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
Whatever amount of GOOWS cards Ma grants you, I still get more because I am her Favorite.





Haven't caught up yet on previous posts?
12-11-2019 09:33 PM
StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Mel, curious to know how many GOTWSF credits did that score AJ?
...because I'm composing my own line of βΣ now...
(Beta Sigma)
Whatever amount of GOOWS cards Ma grants you, I still get more because I am her Favorite.

12-11-2019 09:12 PM
StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
Oh...my skills are great with driving the Harley.
Had my own for 15 years until it got so old no one would work on it.
1985 EVO Police Special .....awesome bike. Was an old parade bike from Delaware.
Special Cam built in for chasing the bad guys.
Will have to send some PIC's someday.
After I sold mine Scott and I went riding on his bike ....me driving..and him riding "itch" ........had to go through Skyway toll plaza and a bunch of other bikers rolled up beside us.
They laughed at Scott .....and said to one of the buddies ......"She's driving because his feet probably can't touch the ground" .......since then he has refused to ever ride on the back again.
Shoot .....I was just practicing towing someone and they ruined it for me!!!
Azz's everywhere!
LMAO!

I just got to this!

That story is cracking me up!
12-11-2019 08:57 PM
StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
Rainy today ... should have turned the AC on last night , the doberman could not get his good sleep on. I do not want to work today ughh!

Speaking of archery, this guy has really developed some neat bows


I felt your pain yesterday and today! I was late both days.

I absolutely hate not having daylight!

I think I have SAD.

I need to find a way to sell this idea.

12-11-2019 08:47 PM
StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
Yes, with my small "herd," I can manage it however I want. Most all of our neighbors (the beef ranchers) calve in the early spring, February through April(ish). There's the odd one or two born later, like our little foster calf, Oliver, but most of them are spring calvings for exactly the reasons you mention. However, they don't milk their beef cows. I'm the odd one in these parts, LOL! But actually it's a good thing, because I have all the milk (when I'm milking) and use it to trade for stuff like extra hay and favors.



A friend of mine in Wisconsin is currently hunting a large possum that's been eating her chickens, in the coop! I guess it found a spot to wiggle in. Anyway, the tracks and tail prints in the snow are definitely possum, so good thing you caught yours before he started eating YOUR chickens.

When my ex and I lived in Portland (Tualatin actually) and had Ninja, my first Dobie, who was no slouch in the size department, we had a huge possum coming in our back yard eating the poop! OMG. No shooting was allowed within city limits, so the hubs finally shot him with a field tipped arrow. A gunshot would have been quieter - that possum screeched like nobody's business. And Ninja was WILD, trying to get through the glass patio door and finish off that critter. I didn't let him out, for the simple reason I wasn't sure who would win that fight. That was one large and fierce possum. (He finally dragged himself off to die in someone else's yard, I assume. Anyway, we never saw it again.)

I'm glad we don't have possums out here, but then there ARE the skunks, which do as much damage to poultry, and smell worse. Jasper's smart enough not to chase them, but he also doesn't see them as a threat, either. They don't ACT like a predator, and honestly, I think he thinks of them as cats. So it's on us to get rid of the skunks, although there are fewer than there used to be, I assume just because there's a big dog loose on the premises.

Oh, SP, I almost forgot. My first Arab, Raj, was an Egyptian (El Hilal grandson, I DO have his papers), but he was a stocky, blocky boy, and if I had to guess, I'd say he outweighed Horus by quite a bit. Horus is much lighter boned than Raj was, and I would think it would be just the opposite. Raj was almost an identical twin to Horus in color and markings, and just about the same size, except Raj was stockier. Maybe I just fed him too well.

Horus, though, used to have a REALLY beautiful long mane and tail - I have a picture of him right after he got here and his mane is flying out behind him, and his tail was flowing, long enough to touch the ground. But the trees. We have a LOT of trees, and Horus is itchy in the spring, so he rubs every part of himself on the tree trunks and branches. You can see (maybe) in that picture I posted, the spot where it looks like the middle of his mane is flopped over to the other side? Well, it's not, it's just missing right there. And he rubs his butt on the trees and breaks off most of his tail hairs right up at the top, so there's not much left. I try to go out and use the toothed shedder on him when he's shedding, to help scratch his itchies, but I can't be out there 24 hours a day, so when I leave, he goes and uses the trees, silly boy. He rubs it off faster than it can grow back.

Well, I'm cooking Persian food for dinner tonight. Zereshk polo, which is Basmati rice with chicken and barberries. My absolute all-time favorite food in the whole world. Even more favoriter than chocolate cake! I wish you could all come for dinner, but since you can't, I guess I'll have to eat it all! Hahahaha!

See? I am not a breeder of anything but eggs. People make up their own bloodlines, which drives me crazy.

Stryker did the same thing. I would watch him in the morning before work and he'd be rubbing his A$$ on the trunk of his favorite tree. When he was done with that? He moved on to a lower branch of that tree and scratch his back. One weekend day Mister asked me to come out to look at something on the property line. I trudged out there and he pointed to a scrub tree and wanted to know what I thought did it. Told him Stryker scratching his butt. That was Stryker's second favorite tree.

I hope you all enjoyed that memory as much as I did!

LOL
12-11-2019 08:12 PM
ECIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
AJ, Can't believe you just burned one of your newly earned credits by forcing Mel to add the title....

You certainly got a woman, one crazy toe-sucking woman, heading over to your parts of FL....
Still lmao !

good one SD
12-11-2019 07:56 PM
StrykersPerson What the hell went on here today?

It's going to take two full weekends off for me to catch up with you all and I am on the cusp of a 13 day run at work. 10 days to go! Woo Hoo! Guess I will pocket the double time and a half holiday pay and try really really hard not to start burning paid time off. It will all be Beau's fault if I have to start taking snow/ice days!
12-11-2019 06:41 PM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post

AJ, Can't believe you just burned one of your newly earned credits by forcing Mel to add the title....

You certainly got a woman, one crazy toe-sucking woman, heading over to your parts of FL....
12-11-2019 06:33 PM
alan j.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Mel, curious to know how many GOTWSF credits did that score AJ?
...because I'm composing my own line of βΣ now...
(Beta Sigma)

Hey Spock
https://youtu.be/CnI_LuCJ4Ek
12-11-2019 06:28 PM
melbrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
Permission!!! I am just cool with the benefits of a rested Mel.
Are you saying that sometimes lack of sleep makes me cranky here?



SD....your point level depends on how nice I feel at any given moment, and how much of a pain you generally are. Which accounts for SP's failure to get very many points even when she's good.
( Love ya, SP )
12-11-2019 06:27 PM
spocksdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
...I for one think that Mel should get to sleep whenever she wants and i only look forward to her well rested wisdom

Mel, curious to know how many GOTWSF credits did that score AJ?
...because I'm composing my own line of βΣ now...
(Beta Sigma)
12-11-2019 05:50 PM
alan j.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
And here I thought I might like your kind of service work. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not for me--an impossible goal to meet. LOLOL

And thank you alan for giving me permission to sleep late. (Not that I need it) But I'll be sure to think of that next time I half wake up at 8 and try to decide if I want just a touch more.
Permission!!! I am just cool with the benefits of a rested Mel.
12-11-2019 04:49 PM
melbrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Spock and I attended "Career Day" at our regular E.S. this morning, awoke 0400, left house at 0700 in the cold wx. (38F) We didn't get back until 1030 this morning and both Spock and I have scheduled a nappy nap now.
And here I thought I might like your kind of service work. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not for me--an impossible goal to meet. LOLOL

And thank you alan for giving me permission to sleep late. (Not that I need it) But I'll be sure to think of that next time I half wake up at 8 and try to decide if I want just a touch more.
12-11-2019 04:42 PM
ECIN [BI for one think that Mel should get to sleep whenever she wants and i only look forward to her well rested wisdom][/B]





This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome