|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-22-2018 01:10 PM|
Originally Posted by too2tuff View Post
|03-21-2018 10:23 PM|
|too2tuff||SimpleDobe -- I sent you a pm.|
|03-17-2018 11:34 PM|
Hi thanks for checking in. Still waiting for the breeder, they replied back once so far but still seeing how that part develops. There is no contract in place. |
|03-17-2018 02:08 PM|
What's going on?
Are things looking better for you?
I pray they are!
|03-16-2018 08:57 PM|
I would like to contribute a little more on this thread regarding rescue groups, IMO. |
The perspective foster mom (ME), felt like a criminal after they got done with their inspection! I got to foster my Abby, though! Rescues do a good job matching the dog with the foster person/people/other pets.
I can't even go get a rescue from the rescue group I got Axel from. I crossed the line, when I hit the Oklahoma state line. That is a taste of how strict rescue groups are. Even though, I fostered two dogs for them and then was granted the opportunity to adopt a pup.
Hope this helps!
|03-16-2018 09:49 AM|
|LadyDi||Fantastic SimpleDobe................always keep in mind you have a high percentage of people supporting your pup on this forum ........all you have to do is "the right thing" and everything will fall in place. It appears you are on the right track now....keep in touch...|
|03-16-2018 12:07 AM|
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
Less stress on the uprooted Party.
Thanks AJ! If we are on the same wavelength.
|03-15-2018 09:28 PM|
|03-15-2018 09:13 PM|
Kudos to Kansas City Doberman Rescue and the rescue group in Bixby, Ok! (shout out there)
I felt violated after they did a home visit on me to check my fences and house and who is going to be home to tend this dog. Where is the kennel and food going to be? I really felt like I wasn't going to pass as a foster mom. But, I passed!
I haven't found any disreputable Dobe rescue groups yet!
Chin up, SimpleDobe.
Hope things start to prosper for you.
|03-15-2018 07:35 PM|
|too2tuff||SimpleDobe - Your decision is not an easy one. Take all the time you need. I did get your pm. Thank you for the update.|
|03-15-2018 06:17 PM|
Okay after reading more of your posts over again, I am beginning to see what you guys are trying to say. |
If my breeder is unable to help I will be reaching out to the rescues.
For some reason I had this notion that it wasn't the best option and that I should find someone myself but I am now seeing that I am probably quite mistaken.
Also, I am not sure I am able to send PMs on this site, I've tried sending some to the people who had expressed interest letting them know I am still here and have updated this thread.
|03-15-2018 05:38 PM|
@too2tuff thank you or your notes. As soon as I hear back from my breeder I will update and see if there is any positive news there, I have sent them a note. There is no signed contract regarding this as far as I know. |
Sorry for those who think I am not doing a great job, this is not an easy thing to do. As much as is in my power, I am trying to not rush this and I am doing the best I can.
Thanks again to all those who have stayed positive and supportive. I will also be looking at sending pictures to those who have shown interest. Of course, the ideal situation is still that I could find someone local and have her stay for a weekend or so to make sure it's the right fit, but maybe this is naive and won't work out.
I will also be contacting the rescue groups near by and see what they say, this is probably my next step depending on what the breeder says.
I won't be putting the adopt me vest on her, thanks for that feedback.
Please bear with me, and thanks again.
|03-15-2018 02:28 PM|
|falnfenix||And that's a damned shame...it shows they don't actually care about the dog, or fulfilling contracts. That's a great way to ensure they end up blacklisted from reputable breeders in the future, too.|
|03-15-2018 01:03 PM|
|Fitzmar Dobermans|| |
Originally Posted by falnfenix View Post
The breeder may not care what happens to the dog, but until we know who they are and know that they have been notified, I consider the owner as suspect.
|03-15-2018 12:15 PM|
|Sgtrpalma||You guys are amazing people, all your suggestions and advices!!! Thank you all for caring. I keep getting emails from this site and all I do is delete them, but now because of all of you I’m hoping I can become a better asset to the forum. I pray to the Sgt Major of the sky’s that everything goes well for the 5 years old female Dobe.|
|03-15-2018 08:29 AM|
|falnfenix||Hey SimpleDobe, did you contact your breeder? Did you contact Cambria? If you signed a contract, it's important you fulfill your obligations regarding situations like this.|
|03-14-2018 10:39 PM|
|burkehinman||I would be willing to drive up|
|03-14-2018 11:33 AM|
|Fitzmar Dobermans||Did you ever contact the breeder? This should always be the first call when you can't keep your dog.|
|03-13-2018 11:58 PM|
|burkehinman||no to the vest you cannot judge who or why srtangers would take her. just my opinion|
|03-13-2018 11:56 PM|
|burkehinman||If you have problems I would consider another Dobie I have a 7 yr old boy with wobblers who is still doing well enough for a girl to play with. does she like water? I have a pool for us all in the summer. I live in so cal Murrieta could come and get her does she travel well? so many ?s call me if you want Burke 951-265-7126 I also know Ardis Braun of Dobies and little paws rescue in Fillmore who is an very nice rescue.|
|03-13-2018 10:20 PM|
Originally Posted by too2tuff View Post
|03-13-2018 08:19 PM|
To SimpleDobe |
If your deal with StrykersPerson does not work out, I would be interested. I am an Air Force Wounded Warrior. I just recently had to put down my boy Brunswick. I had him for 2.5 years. I have a big hole in my heart! I am able to travel to CA to pick her up. I can provide references for you to check. I will pm you. Please don't give her to a rescue until we make contact.
|03-12-2018 10:19 PM|
I wish you would open up to at least one of us. You really do need to take care of yourself. Take care of her then take care of yourself.
Can you get one of us pictures?
My rescue contact will definitely ask for some...
|03-12-2018 09:33 PM|
E-mail sent! |
I probably won't get a response until tomorrow.
|03-12-2018 09:07 PM|
|StrykersPerson|| " To the OP (and please, StrykersPerson, take this in the spirit it is meant).." |
I took it with the spirit it was intended. I am easily check able. Might not like my current credit score, though!
Please PM one of us so we can understand the dilemma you are in? People might be able to come up with a really brainy plan for you to not have to give her up.
I stand by the Doberman Rescue Group option. They are very picky about who they let their dogs go to. They scrutinize a prospective adopter, and rank up there somewhere being scrutinized while trying to buy a house.
Foster parents don't want to see that dog back in rescue. Some Foster Peeps, ME, bawl like a baby when that dog has to leave. Check out a rescue group. I will send an E-mail to the rescue group I adopted my boy from. She's extremely active in the Dobe rescue and I will bet she knows someone in San Fran.
|This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|