|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|11-24-2014 08:37 PM|
|FeWill||The only thing I don't like about the mobil view is I can't seem to thank people. Either I'm not finding it or it's not there. Otherwise it's fairly straight forward once you get the hang of it.|
|11-17-2014 03:16 PM|
|TucsonDobieOwner||Unfortunately it is not.|
|11-17-2014 02:23 PM|
Hi there, |
Is your mobile browser set to clear its history every time you close the browser?
Originally Posted by TucsonDobieOwner View Post
|11-16-2014 06:34 PM|
|TucsonDobieOwner||I really hate the new mobile view! I wish I could opt out of using it ONE time but alas I have to hit cancel almost everytime I visit DT. The rest of the time it just loads the mobile view and I have to physically remove my phone from its case to get the menu to open so I can exit said mobile view. The menu is not very touch sensitive and requires many, many attempts (out of the case) before the menu opens. I am almost to the point where I just quit visiting the site because of it.|
|11-14-2014 06:00 AM|
Originally Posted by doberadmin View Post
|11-13-2014 04:17 PM|
|Sam1491||Nevermind reread and saw it's for mobile view not the app.|
|11-13-2014 04:13 PM|
I've never seen the poll part of polled threads on my app. |
It is fully up to date.
|11-13-2014 08:50 AM|
Hello everyone, |
We’re excited to announce that additional features has been added and improvements were made to the enhanced mobile view.
Thanks to the feedback that everyone has provided, we were able to tailor the mobile view to better fit forum members’ needs and fix a few bugs along the way.
A few of the new features that were added includes:
• Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
• A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
• A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
• There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
• Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
• The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.
Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
• After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
• PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
• The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
• Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
• The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.
Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.
**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.
|09-09-2014 09:37 PM|
Are you still getting this error message? |
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
|09-06-2014 08:38 AM|
|Jazi||I also hate it, it takes longer to load on my phone than the non-mobile version, and so I just turn it off every time I visit the site.|
|09-05-2014 10:14 PM|
Hmm, my next visit to the forum is back to the normal desktop site so even with that error thing the command seemed to have worked. |
I noticed however that it didn't automatically subscribe me to this thread after participating in it. When in desktop mode it does.
|09-05-2014 07:40 AM|
|Specsgirl||I dislike the fact that there is no way to back page that I found to the search results without searching again..annoying unless I am missing something. I like the rest of it however.|
|09-05-2014 06:07 AM|
|odiakkoh||Well I found a bug. Tried to exit out of enhanced mobile view and got an error.|
|09-05-2014 06:04 AM|
Hate it, will not be visiting the website on my mobile anymore. |
Lol but seriously, I'm curious of how bad the loading will be once I'm out of data for the month. These types of sites usually aren't turtle mode friendly.
|09-04-2014 02:45 PM|
Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
Thread Title: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.
A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:
* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!
If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.
The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.
**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.