Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - Reply to Topic
Breeding and Breeders Know a good Breeder? Are you a Breeder? Please post here and let us know

Thread: Canis Maximus - Humane Investigator Report (Part 1 of 2) Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-20-2015 08:00 PM
dobies123
Irina Barrett's Lawsuit Against The Humane Inspector Is Dismissed

Two-and-a-half years later, Irina Barrett still hasn't given up trying to play the victim. Thankfully, Barrett's latest lawsuit against the humane inspector who discovered Barrett's puppy mill back in January of 2013 was dismissed today.

Hopefully, this is the end of that saga. Per the article, maybe Barrett has finally run out of lawyers that will take her cases.

Judge dismisses breeder’s defamation suit against humane inspector, MHF
08-26-2015 01:08 AM
Jordie0587 Thought I'd bump this up for new members. Her website is EXTREMELY deceiving. I would have been fooled if I wasn't such a snob and would have asked multiple people.
10-18-2014 10:17 AM
mommyblaze3 Wow, what a salesman. Love how she posted her compliance reports... And, is advertising a new kennel project.
10-18-2014 07:56 AM
dobies123
Run, don't walk, from Irina Barrett and Canus Maximus

Even though Irina Barrett was denied a permit to continue breeding dogs at her home, Canis Maximus is, unfortunately, still going strong at the same location. There are large groups (10+) of dogs seen there regularly. In case she denies that in response to this post, take a look at her website. (Doberman Kennel CANIS MAXIMUS. European Dobermans. Doberman Puppies for sale. Schutzhund.).

You'll notice there is no address given for the kennel...no names given for anyone involved...not even a phone number. Ask yourself if a reputable, licensed breeder would have a website without the owner's name, the address of the kennel, or even a phone number. The lack of an address in particular, as well as no pictures that give a clue to where the kennel really is (i.e. identifiable buildings in the background), are to keep from giving the county the proof they are looking for that she is still running the business out of her house.
08-10-2014 12:44 PM
Enshacra87 OMFG.. sorry Thank you Artemis for telling me about this thread.. and I was about to drive to Virginia to see one of their pup....
Irina.... please change career this just isnt for you. No wonder you said Pumpkin isnt clean at 6 months and hasn't learned any basic commands... a 6 month old that lives indoors with a real breeder, knows where to do its business and basic commands. How dare you even call yourself a breeder? These dogs are scarred for life ! I have a 8 month old puppy, I know the amount of time n dedication it takes to raise a doberman, I cant image what happens to its developing body if left in a crate for 6 months.
Breeding comes with passion and responsibility. You have neither.
Good luck in court!
07-26-2014 09:33 PM
Fitzmar Dobermans Who the hell compares a legal matter involving abused dogs to a plane shot down with almost 200 innocent people killed???? There is no comparison and I can't even get my head around that! Uggghhhh.......
07-26-2014 08:43 PM
honda123
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizoz View Post
The following report about Canis Maximus (aka zlatomira Kennels, aka RGBG Kennel) from a Fauquier County Humane Investigator...

... 5 French Bull Dogs, a Boxer and a Doberman loose as well a mother Doberman in a wire crate, 7 young (7 week old) Doberman puppies and 4... Boxer puppies... she said that 2 litters had “starved to death” ...
She said she just did not have the time to do that since she had so many dogs.
Mrs. Barrett... opened a .. closet with no light on/ no window, where a Doberman was in a crate.
... 4 teenage Doberman puppies all that had dirty bandages on their ears from a current ear cropping surgery. ... 8 teenage Great Dane puppies.. demodectic mange.

No dogs have access to water..

We then went to the back of the property to her “kennel building”.. 17 dogs: 1 Doberman in a small plastic airline carrier / crate, 1 Boxer in an airline carrier / plastic crate/, 1 very large male Great Dane in with 2 female Great Danes and a female Doberman.... I asked why she had a male Great Dane in with a female Doberman/ was she cross breeding them?

...There was also no heat in the building.... 50 dogs .. total...
Mrs. Barrett told me that she could not hire someone to help her with the kennels because “the conditions were not good enough for someone to work in”.

Mrs. Barrett... had given away over 20 dogs in the past year on Craig’s List to reduce her numbers and that she had several dogs there that she no longer wanted.... Doberman Pinschers, Great Danes, French Bulldogs, Boxers & German Shepherds.).
French bull dogs, Boxers, German shepherds, Dobermans, Danes...

I just know in my opinion, there is a special place in Hades for abusing and hurting innocent animals and/or innocent children.

PS: By the way, NO ONE reported "Russia shot down the Malaysian plane." It was reported within hours that it was the "Ukrainian separatists." Where they got the weapons is a different topic. Get your facts straight.
07-26-2014 07:08 AM
Dobe_Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDobe View Post
As I was reading Cmax reply I swear I heard Twilight Zone music playing in my head.
^^^^ THIS. She can't comment on facts because of a pending lawsuit, but that post that Cmax made was all sorts of crazy and scary and not in the way she intended.
07-26-2014 05:41 AM
SieYa I think it is beyond hilarious that she says what happened to her could happen to 'us' too.

Ummm hey lady no it can't because I respect all animals. I don't put them away till I need more something from them. My dogs sleep in a bed with the human of their choice that evening. Feces is removed promptly. from the yard I might add not a damp dark kennel. My dogs have access to sunlight and grass.

If in fact this was a bogus law suit as you claim.... Why is it taking so long to go away?
Therein lies the rub eh! Not so bogus. Sad thing from my POV is the number of dogs you'll potentially breed to pay your lawyer.
Why not do the world and yourself a favor and stop breeding. Go work for mcdonalds or Walmart.
07-26-2014 05:16 AM
havenminx
Quote:
Originally Posted by triciakoontz View Post
Oh my horrors, just look closely at the puppies she's trying to sell now. Blow up some of the photos. Such sad expressions. Odd conformation. Depressing conditions (rock yard, tied to door handle, etc.) . Check out the scabby neck on this pup:

http://www.canis-maximus.com/ch13/16big.jpg
Don't forget that the pups come "fully crate trained" ... meaning they are let out for those photos and then stuffed back in.

Irina, I am curious as to how you would explain those horrifying photos linked earlier. You say the reports are a lie, but it seems to me it would be difficult to fake the photos of the cramped, dank, dark hell that those dogs were in.

You are fighting tooth and nail to explain this away just like any other crappy breeder whose income depends on the broken down backs of the dogs they abuse. Get a real job.
07-26-2014 02:16 AM
LindaH Hahahahah....of course one believes both reports. You were supposed to clean up before the second inspection in order to keep the dogs you had left. Your mother flew over to help you clean up and brought another male dog with her.

Honestly, C-Max, you think we wouldn't realize you simply cleaned up the mess that was reported in the first report before they came out again? You think you can double speak around facts....nope, no you can't.

Besides, didn't you move or is the new location on you site another lie, double shuffle or what? Let me go double check. Hmmm, says you still live in Virginian. Seems like I saw something about Washington D.C. or Maryland ...somewhere else???
07-26-2014 01:17 AM
SoCalDobe As I was reading Cmax reply I swear I heard Twilight Zone music playing in my head.
07-26-2014 12:47 AM
triciakoontz Oh my horrors, just look closely at the puppies she's trying to sell now. Blow up some of the photos. Such sad expressions. Odd conformation. Depressing conditions (rock yard, tied to door handle, etc.) . Check out the scabby neck on this pup:

http://www.canis-maximus.com/ch13/16big.jpg
07-25-2014 09:28 PM
RedFawnRising CMax, I wouldn't dignify your utter crap by reading it.

You are an animal abuser, plain and simple.

Folks are too smart here for you; you might try trolling the shallower end of the gene pool.



07-25-2014 02:48 PM
SieYa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax View Post
Due to the ongoing litigation, I cannot comment on the content of the report or the events preceding it or parties involved.

However, everything you read online is nothing more than mass hysteria prompted by that very report. Very similar to the tragic crash of the Malaysian Boeing in the Ukraine, although the scope is different - nobody died here. Within minutes of the crash, the hysteria fueled by the Western mass media and its leaders took over the human minds - Russia did it! No investigation, no black boxes, no crash site examination, no evidence. But it was definitely Russia. Why? Because it suits them better. A week later, still no evidence linking Russia to the crash... and lies, lies, lies.

Otto v. Bismarck once said: "People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt." We can easily call this a war on breeders and a hunt to eliminate them... All means are justified for the cause.

What happened to me - no weak soul can really live through. It takes a lot of personal will and strength to stand against such accusations as animal abuse. Being accused or even suspected of animal abuse nowadays is as bad as child abuse and serial murders. I would not wish this upon anyone. On a second thought, it will serve you all right to go through what I went through because it will open your eyes as to what animal rights movement really has become.

With criminal acts such as rape, child molestation, serial killings, etc, even the most horrendous criminals are presumed innocent until the due legal process. With animals, it's different. Much worse. You have no rights. You are not presumed innocent. The society is zombified by the coined "puppymill" and decades-old images of puppymill dogs, so when the public hears "puppymill" it's the same as "Attack!" to a trained protection dog. The dog would not stop to think: "Should I attack that person? Is there a reason for me to attack that person? Maybe that person doesn't deserve to get attacked? And why is that person getting attacked?" The dog will go and attack. Congratulations to you all, you've been degraded to the same level.

There are two types of rescues.

1. Small, foster-home based enthusiasts. They are not driven by profit, publicity or politics. They are the real deal in most cases.

2. Big, kennel-based private shelters and organizations. They need to generate enough revenue to sustain their operation. People who raid breeders, animal owners, and other rescue people, usually come from this category.

Both of these rescues will never accept us, breeders. To them - we are all the evil cause of rescue and abused animals. No matter what and how many shows you've won and what champions you've bred, and how many health tests you've done, and how many/few litters you've bred - you will always be a puppymill to them. Unless you stay off their radar or provide significant financial support for their operation. To them, your animals need to be saved from you. You may love your dogs, but that's not good enough for them. And instead of attacking each other, we need to stand united and support one of your own.

I highly recommend that everyone reads the Animal Welfare Act or the requirements for the USDA licensing. It's VERY detailed. And any of that may be used against you, even if you have only a couple dogs at home.

What happened to me, has happened to hundreds of other people, is currently happening on a monthly basis, and can happen to any one of you too.

And every time it happens, there is a sob story of how horrible everything was and oh, those poor animals, now they are finally safe and being taken care of. Have you ever wondered why, with all the money in lobbying and laws adopted, every time there is a raid, it's "the worst I've ever seen". Looks like things aren't getting better, but money keeps getting spent on lobbying and people keep getting raided.

And do you seriously think that if a rescue published a report that they took in such and such dogs, and dogs were not in imminent danger, that it would make people send in donations which rescues live off?

The life cycle of a kennel vs a shelter.

1. The kennel can sustain itself with its own resources: dogs. You need to continue your breeding program: you breed a dog - you keep a puppy. You need to generate income to cover kennel expenses: you sell a puppy.

2. The shelter cannot sustain itself with its own resources. Thus it needs dogs, adoptions and donations coming as a constant flow. Now, let's picture a shelter that no one knows of, and is located in an area with a state-run shelter and no pet overpopulation. How will it survive? And how will it survive if there are not dogs coming in?

Time to use your head, not your emotions.


Only a handful of people know what actually happened, and none of them has made that public. This information is for the court now.

*The AKC letter. The letter was written by a third party based on the field investigator's report. Well, that report clearly says: "The overall appearance of the kennel is CLEAN". Signed. Originals with the lawyer. How on earth that became what it became is beyond me. When did the word CLEAN become synonymous to UNSANITARY, and new parts to a new kennel - debris?

*In the course of this lawsuit, 3 useful things have been discovered.
1. At the first hearing, the judge ruled the author of this report is not an agent of the county, has no contract with the county, thus has no official affiliation with the county, which makes that person pretty much, according to my lawyer, a private individual acting in the capacity of a volunteer.
2. At the next hearing, all motions (i.e. Motion to dismiss) presented by the other side were denied.
3. We discovered OFFICIAL reports by an animal control chief officer and CA detectives made just days after the infamous report.
The link to the a/c report is here. CANIS MAXIMUS - LEGAL, Dobermans puppies, European Dobermans
It says: "(...) we checked the property for the care of the animals that were housed there. I found no violation under care of animals or for animal cruelty."

This is an OFFICIAL report.

So, which will you choose to believe?

If you choose to believe the UNOFFICIAL report, you have NO RIGHT to judge me. If you choose to believe the OFFICIAL report, you have NO REASON to judge me.

I'd also like to mention that every action has a reaction. There are always consequences. I let a stranger into my house, without checking for proper paperwork or identification or consulting an attorney, I'm dealing with the consequences. If you say something online, you can be dealing with the consequences too. RedFawnRising, if you call me a pathological liar, you need to be able to provide proof and evidence before you throw such loud words out there.

Hmmm what is that quote? There are none so blind and he who will not see? Something to that effect anyway....

My personal opinion... You're not a good breeder, and I hope karma catches up with you sooner rather than later!
07-25-2014 02:26 PM
churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmax View Post
due to the ongoing litigation, i cannot comment on the content of the report or the events preceding it or parties involved.

However, everything you read online is nothing more than mass hysteria prompted by that very report. Very similar to the tragic crash of the malaysian boeing in the ukraine, although the scope is different - nobody died here. Within minutes of the crash, the hysteria fueled by the western mass media and its leaders took over the human minds - russia did it! No investigation, no black boxes, no crash site examination, no evidence. But it was definitely russia. Why? Because it suits them better. A week later, still no evidence linking russia to the crash... And lies, lies, lies.

Otto v. Bismarck once said: "people never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt." we can easily call this a war on breeders and a hunt to eliminate them... All means are justified for the cause.

What happened to me - no weak soul can really live through. It takes a lot of personal will and strength to stand against such accusations as animal abuse. Being accused or even suspected of animal abuse nowadays is as bad as child abuse and serial murders. I would not wish this upon anyone. On a second thought, it will serve you all right to go through what i went through because it will open your eyes as to what animal rights movement really has become.

With criminal acts such as rape, child molestation, serial killings, etc, even the most horrendous criminals are presumed innocent until the due legal process. With animals, it's different. much worse. You have no rights. You are not presumed innocent. The society is zombified by the coined "puppymill" and decades-old images of puppymill dogs, so when the public hears "puppymill" it's the same as "attack!" to a trained protection dog. The dog would not stop to think: "should i attack that person? Is there a reason for me to attack that person? Maybe that person doesn't deserve to get attacked? And why is that person getting attacked?" the dog will go and attack. Congratulations to you all, you've been degraded to the same level.

there are two types of rescues.

1. Small, foster-home based enthusiasts. They are not driven by profit, publicity or politics. They are the real deal in most cases.

2. Big, kennel-based private shelters and organizations. They need to generate enough revenue to sustain their operation. People who raid breeders, animal owners, and other rescue people, usually come from this category.

Both of these rescues will never accept us, breeders. To them - we are all the evil cause of rescue and abused animals. No matter what and how many shows you've won and what champions you've bred, and how many health tests you've done, and how many/few litters you've bred - you will always be a puppymill to them. Unless you stay off their radar or provide significant financial support for their operation. To them, your animals need to be saved from you. You may love your dogs, but that's not good enough for them. And instead of attacking each other, we need to stand united and support one of your own.

I highly recommend that everyone reads the animal welfare act or the requirements for the usda licensing. It's very detailed. And any of that may be used against you, even if you have only a couple dogs at home.

What happened to me, has happened to hundreds of other people, is currently happening on a monthly basis, and can happen to any one of you too.

And every time it happens, there is a sob story of how horrible everything was and oh, those poor animals, now they are finally safe and being taken care of. Have you ever wondered why, with all the money in lobbying and laws adopted, every time there is a raid, it's "the worst i've ever seen". looks like things aren't getting better, but money keeps getting spent on lobbying and people keep getting raided.

And do you seriously think that if a rescue published a report that they took in such and such dogs, and dogs were not in imminent danger, that it would make people send in donations which rescues live off?

the life cycle of a kennel vs a shelter.

1. The kennel can sustain itself with its own resources: Dogs. You need to continue your breeding program: You breed a dog - you keep a puppy. You need to generate income to cover kennel expenses: You sell a puppy.

2. The shelter cannot sustain itself with its own resources. Thus it needs dogs, adoptions and donations coming as a constant flow. Now, let's picture a shelter that no one knows of, and is located in an area with a state-run shelter and no pet overpopulation. How will it survive? And how will it survive if there are not dogs coming in?

Time to use your head, not your emotions.


Only a handful of people know what actually happened, and none of them has made that public. This information is for the court now.

*the akc letter. The letter was written by a third party based on the field investigator's report. Well, that report clearly says: "the overall appearance of the kennel is clean". Signed. Originals with the lawyer. How on earth that became what it became is beyond me. When did the word clean become synonymous to unsanitary, and new parts to a new kennel - debris?

*in the course of this lawsuit, 3 useful things have been discovered.
1. At the first hearing, the judge ruled the author of this report is not an agent of the county, has no contract with the county, thus has no official affiliation with the county, which makes that person pretty much, according to my lawyer, a private individual acting in the capacity of a volunteer.
2. At the next hearing, all motions (i.e. Motion to dismiss) presented by the other side were denied.
3. We discovered official reports by an animal control chief officer and ca detectives made just days after the infamous report.
The link to the a/c report is here. canis maximus - legal, dobermans puppies, european dobermans
it says: "(...) we checked the property for the care of the animals that were housed there. I found no violation under care of animals or for animal cruelty."

this is an official report.

So, which will you choose to believe?

If you choose to believe the unofficial report, you have no right to judge me. If you choose to believe the official report, you have no reason to judge me.

I'd also like to mention that every action has a reaction. There are always consequences. I let a stranger into my house, without checking for proper paperwork or identification or consulting an attorney, i'm dealing with the consequences. If you say something online, you can be dealing with the consequences too. Redfawnrising, if you call me a pathological liar, you need to be able to provide proof and evidence before you throw such loud words out there.

pure bull!
07-25-2014 01:38 PM
CMax Due to the ongoing litigation, I cannot comment on the content of the report or the events preceding it or parties involved.

However, everything you read online is nothing more than mass hysteria prompted by that very report. Very similar to the tragic crash of the Malaysian Boeing in the Ukraine, although the scope is different - nobody died here. Within minutes of the crash, the hysteria fueled by the Western mass media and its leaders took over the human minds - Russia did it! No investigation, no black boxes, no crash site examination, no evidence. But it was definitely Russia. Why? Because it suits them better. A week later, still no evidence linking Russia to the crash... and lies, lies, lies.

Otto v. Bismarck once said: "People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt." We can easily call this a war on breeders and a hunt to eliminate them... All means are justified for the cause.

What happened to me - no weak soul can really live through. It takes a lot of personal will and strength to stand against such accusations as animal abuse. Being accused or even suspected of animal abuse nowadays is as bad as child abuse and serial murders. I would not wish this upon anyone. On a second thought, it will serve you all right to go through what I went through because it will open your eyes as to what animal rights movement really has become.

With criminal acts such as rape, child molestation, serial killings, etc, even the most horrendous criminals are presumed innocent until the due legal process. With animals, it's different. Much worse. You have no rights. You are not presumed innocent. The society is zombified by the coined "puppymill" and decades-old images of puppymill dogs, so when the public hears "puppymill" it's the same as "Attack!" to a trained protection dog. The dog would not stop to think: "Should I attack that person? Is there a reason for me to attack that person? Maybe that person doesn't deserve to get attacked? And why is that person getting attacked?" The dog will go and attack. Congratulations to you all, you've been degraded to the same level.

There are two types of rescues.

1. Small, foster-home based enthusiasts. They are not driven by profit, publicity or politics. They are the real deal in most cases.

2. Big, kennel-based private shelters and organizations. They need to generate enough revenue to sustain their operation. People who raid breeders, animal owners, and other rescue people, usually come from this category.

Both of these rescues will never accept us, breeders. To them - we are all the evil cause of rescue and abused animals. No matter what and how many shows you've won and what champions you've bred, and how many health tests you've done, and how many/few litters you've bred - you will always be a puppymill to them. Unless you stay off their radar or provide significant financial support for their operation. To them, your animals need to be saved from you. You may love your dogs, but that's not good enough for them. And instead of attacking each other, we need to stand united and support one of your own.

I highly recommend that everyone reads the Animal Welfare Act or the requirements for the USDA licensing. It's VERY detailed. And any of that may be used against you, even if you have only a couple dogs at home.

What happened to me, has happened to hundreds of other people, is currently happening on a monthly basis, and can happen to any one of you too.

And every time it happens, there is a sob story of how horrible everything was and oh, those poor animals, now they are finally safe and being taken care of. Have you ever wondered why, with all the money in lobbying and laws adopted, every time there is a raid, it's "the worst I've ever seen". Looks like things aren't getting better, but money keeps getting spent on lobbying and people keep getting raided.

And do you seriously think that if a rescue published a report that they took in such and such dogs, and dogs were not in imminent danger, that it would make people send in donations which rescues live off?

The life cycle of a kennel vs a shelter.

1. The kennel can sustain itself with its own resources: dogs. You need to continue your breeding program: you breed a dog - you keep a puppy. You need to generate income to cover kennel expenses: you sell a puppy.

2. The shelter cannot sustain itself with its own resources. Thus it needs dogs, adoptions and donations coming as a constant flow. Now, let's picture a shelter that no one knows of, and is located in an area with a state-run shelter and no pet overpopulation. How will it survive? And how will it survive if there are not dogs coming in?

Time to use your head, not your emotions.


Only a handful of people know what actually happened, and none of them has made that public. This information is for the court now.

*The AKC letter. The letter was written by a third party based on the field investigator's report. Well, that report clearly says: "The overall appearance of the kennel is CLEAN". Signed. Originals with the lawyer. How on earth that became what it became is beyond me. When did the word CLEAN become synonymous to UNSANITARY, and new parts to a new kennel - debris?

*In the course of this lawsuit, 3 useful things have been discovered.
1. At the first hearing, the judge ruled the author of this report is not an agent of the county, has no contract with the county, thus has no official affiliation with the county, which makes that person pretty much, according to my lawyer, a private individual acting in the capacity of a volunteer.
2. At the next hearing, all motions (i.e. Motion to dismiss) presented by the other side were denied.
3. We discovered OFFICIAL reports by an animal control chief officer and CA detectives made just days after the infamous report.
The link to the a/c report is here. CANIS MAXIMUS - LEGAL, Dobermans puppies, European Dobermans
It says: "(...) we checked the property for the care of the animals that were housed there. I found no violation under care of animals or for animal cruelty."

This is an OFFICIAL report.

So, which will you choose to believe?

If you choose to believe the UNOFFICIAL report, you have NO RIGHT to judge me. If you choose to believe the OFFICIAL report, you have NO REASON to judge me.

I'd also like to mention that every action has a reaction. There are always consequences. I let a stranger into my house, without checking for proper paperwork or identification or consulting an attorney, I'm dealing with the consequences. If you say something online, you can be dealing with the consequences too. RedFawnRising, if you call me a pathological liar, you need to be able to provide proof and evidence before you throw such loud words out there.
05-26-2014 10:32 AM
jdd I think u emailed me but I can't find it now. But fitzmar should be very helpful up where u live.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
05-25-2014 08:25 PM
Fitzmar Dobermans Cathy B, I just sent you a PM with a couple of names.
05-24-2014 06:52 PM
LindaH Catawba is in NJ. She's a very well respected breeder. She's Ricky Bobby's breeder.

Can't pull up her website, but her contact info is here.

DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

I'm a big Ricky Bobby fan... http://www.cinematicdobermans.com/ricky-bobby.html
05-24-2014 05:36 PM
RedFawnRising
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyB View Post
I dont know if this thread is still open, but i feel a bit as if i had entered the twilight zone and am having trouble processing.

I noticed Camis Maximus on an older thread in this forum. Comments seemed mostly positive. on her web site, her dogs look gorgeous and their environment looks spacious and immaculate. The dogs appear to have won numerous titles. she discusses health issues with great concern and what appears to be thorough knowledge.

So, I sent her an email. She sent a lovely response.

And then i did another search on this cite and came across this thread.

and now i want to throw up.

going back to her cite after reading this thread, i do see warning signs that i had missed. That she is not a member of the AKC, for example.

i consider myself to be a reasonably smart, thoughtful person, but without you guys i would have been 100% fooled. and it wouldnt have mattered if i had ended up getting the worlds most magnificent puppy. to have contributed economically to this... i dunno...this...situation, would have been a permanent scar on my heart and soul.

I have to go cuddle with my dobie and maybe cry now.
I'm so sorry. It *shouldn't* be this damned hard, to find a reputable, ethical breeder of Dobermans.

I applaud your continued efforts.

Sometimes, the glitzy chatty salespitch type folks are some of the worst breeders, whereas some of the more brusque, no-nonsense folks have fabulous ethics and character.

It comes back to that vital thing in life--sorting out between personality and true character traits of the human you're dealing with.

I forget which area you said you are from--perhaps one of the breeders who do some mentoring on here can point you towards someone good.

Duh, just saw it on your profile, NJ.

Lemme see if I can rustle up somebody with fairly local-ish leads for you.



05-24-2014 05:15 PM
havenminx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyB View Post
I dont know if this thread is still open, but i feel a bit as if i had entered the twilight zone and am having trouble processing.

I noticed Camis Maximus on an older thread in this forum. Comments seemed mostly positive. on her web site, her dogs look gorgeous and their environment looks spacious and immaculate. The dogs appear to have won numerous titles. she discusses health issues with great concern and what appears to be thorough knowledge.

So, I sent her an email. She sent a lovely response.

And then i did another search on this cite and came across this thread.

and now i want to throw up.

going back to her cite after reading this thread, i do see warning signs that i had missed. That she is not a member of the AKC, for example.

i consider myself to be a reasonably smart, thoughtful person, but without you guys i would have been 100% fooled. and it wouldnt have mattered if i had ended up getting the worlds most magnificent puppy. to have contributed economically to this... i dunno...this...situation, would have been a permanent scar on my heart and soul.

I have to go cuddle with my dobie and maybe cry now.
She is a charmer, isn't she? Knows just what to say. I, too, dodged the bullet. I am SO grateful to DT for it.
05-24-2014 04:49 PM
CathyB I dont know if this thread is still open, but i feel a bit as if i had entered the twilight zone and am having trouble processing.

I noticed Camis Maximus on an older thread in this forum. Comments seemed mostly positive. on her web site, her dogs look gorgeous and their environment looks spacious and immaculate. The dogs appear to have won numerous titles. she discusses health issues with great concern and what appears to be thorough knowledge.

So, I sent her an email. She sent a lovely response.

And then i did another search on this cite and came across this thread.

and now i want to throw up.

going back to her cite after reading this thread, i do see warning signs that i had missed. That she is not a member of the AKC, for example.

i consider myself to be a reasonably smart, thoughtful person, but without you guys i would have been 100% fooled. and it wouldnt have mattered if i had ended up getting the worlds most magnificent puppy. to have contributed economically to this... i dunno...this...situation, would have been a permanent scar on my heart and soul.

I have to go cuddle with my dobie and maybe cry now.
11-20-2013 02:35 PM
ladyballplayer SHe clearly states she will "with other breeders and kennels to house them so Canis Maximus stays within the limits of Fauquier’s zoning ordinance"

Translation, she will do whatever she has to, to get around the rules.
11-20-2013 02:31 PM
RedFawnRising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
If she had gotten her permit, that would have been her limit. Without the permit she is limited to "only" 12 dogs. Like that will stop her from stashing them all over the place. She'll probably follow the K'tal "rent-a-a-bitch" model.
Hell, you're giving her too much credit.

She's a pathological, criminal liar.

This won't stop her from continuing to stack them like cordwood, in any available kennel she has on her own property.

She'll just have more lies and excuses if she gets caught again, doing so.



This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome