here is the agreement they emailed me
well some quotes of the actual document...feel free to tell me if anything is out of place! sorry couldn't do this as attachment it went over the proper size..
Ear Cropping: (Check one)
• Yes, I want the ears cropped by your Veterinarian; add $375 (approx depending on dog). This includes: pain medication, antibiotics, care for the ears during the healing, stitch removal, the ear taping materials for you to complete the setting process, complete instruction manual with pictures and email or phone consultations.
Our goal is to find good homes for all our puppies. They are loyal, smart, have their own personality and are just like little people, they deserve a good family to love. We don’t want anyone to be unhappy with his or her selection.
• 12 month Health guarantee - If your Desert Legend Doberman dies or is crippled by Distemper, Hepatitis, or Leptospirosis within twelve months after purchase, return the AKC certificate, a veterinarian certificate as to cause of death and we will replace him/her at no additional charge.
• Cancer Guarantee - Cancer can be a factor in all breeds, but at Desert Legend Dobermans, if you should have that misfortune within 3 years, a replacement puppy shall be given to you. Veterinarian certification required along with the AKC certificate.
• Dysplasia Guarantee - There will be a 3 year guarantee for this condition of a Desert Legend Doberman, if he is found to be crippled from dysplasia, return him to our facility, along with AKC certificate, and we will replace the dog at no additional charge. Dog must be proper weight.
• Replacement guarantee when shipping - If the puppy dies for some reason during shipping, a replacement puppy will be given at no charge, including shipping. An affidavit from the shipping airline or carrier will be required.
• Incentive - If your Desert Legend Doberman wins a Schutzhund Level 3 or Regional or better registered agility title, you will receive 25% refund off the base purchase price. We will need photos and proof, of course
The following are the responsibilities and options of the breeder:
• The breeder reserves the right to refuse to sell to any person or family that she feels may not provide a good and responsible home for the puppy, this includes canceling this agreement.
• The puppies are not sold with any known health problems.
• The dew claws are removed and tails docked when the puppies are 3-5 days old.
• Puppy shots are given at 6 and 8 weeks old. Puppies are wormed regularly starting at 4 weeks old . We use different formulas so you are assured of a parasite free puppy. Shot and worming records arrive with the puppy. Consult with your veterinarian for your puppies future worming, heartworm and shot needs.
• After the puppies are weaned we feed only a Super Premium dry puppy food. We use “Breeders Select” Large Breed Puppy food. We find that this provides the necessary nutrition for proper growth, joint and bone development and skin care for our large breed dogs. This was specially formulated for our large breed dogs.
• All precautions have been taken to ensure the puppies are clean, healthy and no outside contact with other dogs or people (except the veterinarian clinic, and employees) during this critical 8 weeks after birth.
• All puppies are imprinted and socialized (handled by the breeder and employees) from birth and are very comfortable being picked up and handled. Weather permitting they are exposed to a tub of water outside, toys, and other loud noises. We have found that the extensive socializing program we have in place makes our puppies better adjusted to fit in with their new families and they are easier to train.
• We provide the buyer with the necessary paperwork to register the puppies with AKC.
• Breeder issues all of its puppies as limited registration. Limited registration is defined by the AKC as “The dog is not to be used for breeding. Entry in dog events is restricted”.
• All shipped puppies come with a health certificate from a veterinarian.
• Puppies can be picked up at 8 weeks old if they are not having their ears cropped; shipping is done at 10 weeks old, which is 2 weeks after the ear cropping, if that is done. This process is different for international shipping.
• Love your new family member and provide a good home. He/she will love and protect you and your family with their life.
• Socialize your puppy with people, take them to PetSmart, Petco or the park. Only after your pet has completed the remaining series of shots needed.
• Your dog requires regular exercise, they love to go jogging with you and most love to play play.
• Give the entire set of puppy shots, consult with your veterinarian.
• Get Rabies shot when due, check your shot records & consult with your veterinarian.
• Do not let your new puppy jump off of anything over 8 inches high until they are 4-6 months old, their joints need to develop before excessive activity (stairs, jumping off sofa, etc.).
• If you purchased one of the colored (blue or fawn) puppies, they will require a little special care. They cannot spend all day in the sunlight, due to the sensitive skin and eyes, just like redheads and blondes have a fair complexion and are more sensitive to the sun. Please use common sense.
• Get obedience training for your puppy starting at 4 months, this will help you when they mature and become too big to handle, just like raising a child, you don’t start teaching him when he is a teenager.
• Basic protection training is not necessary. Doberman Pinschers are bred for personal protection and need no special training to protect you or your property.
• Pay shipping costs, which includes the crate. This varies depending on where we are shipping and what form of shipping we are using.
• Feed your puppy a Super Premium “Large Breed Puppy” food, we use and recommend only All American Pet Products “Breeders Select” Large Breed Puppy food, specially formulated to meet the needs of these dogs. They will need this until they are 1 year old.
I thought the litter price was a lil steep but at the same time I don't know...
Litter Requested and prices: (Make 2 selections; first and second choice)
Check out our website to see the description of our sire and dams.
___ Lobster/Jayden $1800 Summer 2011
___ Lobster/Dyna $2500 Spring 2011
___ Lobster/Reign $2500 Spring 2011