My 1st Doberman - Dexter - Page 2 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
New member introduction If you are a new member to www.Dobermantalk.com please say Hi

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
is this her? Seller Page

Yes that is it.
jessedee is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobegirl View Post
I'm sure you are very excited about getting your puppy, but are you sure you want to get one from there?

Have you at the very least asked about any health testing done on the parents? From looking at their ad I would assume they have not done any. Please read thru this site on reputable breeders before you make a mistake.
Yes I am actually going to receive a certificate on the health when i pick him up.
jessedee is offline  
post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
Okay well I must seem crazy - Now we have decided we will go with the Crop. Military Style! I figure this would be best since the time we would have to post would be shorter, also I called around to some local vets who specialize in cropping and I was quoted between $500 - $900 for the crop. My breeder said I can have it done through them for only $200 so I pretty much cant beat that deal and might as well take advantage and get it done.
jessedee is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Alpha
 
M_Shannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Gillette, NJ
Dogs Name: Jesaran's Let's Dance i.e. Daisy
Titles: Spoiled Princess
Dogs Age: DOB 06-30-2010
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit M_Shannon's Gallery
Thanks: 542
Thanked 1,015 Times in 310 Posts
Images: 9
                     
To everyone...

Let's try not to scare this one away... They're going to go through with this purchase/adoption... This person will need support now and later...

Play nice everyone.

To the OP..

Please continue your reading of the forum. In due time you'll start to understand why people are trying to persuade you not to purchase from this breeder. You have lots to learn and many on this board are going to give it to you. Please be ready for a rude awakening from the DT gang.

Good luck

Last edited by M_Shannon; 10-01-2009 at 06:15 AM.
M_Shannon is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_Shannon For This Useful Post:
Abby (10-03-2009), bonzo (10-21-2009), crystal100 (10-01-2009), Dobelove (11-04-2009), eminart (10-14-2009), lemon (10-01-2009), Osirisdobermanns (11-03-2009), tomcat (10-14-2009), Zeigen (10-03-2009)
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Alpha
 
dobegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,205
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Bellatrix & Nato
Dogs Age: 2 & 5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobegirl's Gallery
Thanks: 2,403
Thanked 1,883 Times in 742 Posts
                     
Ok, you've been told you will recieve a health certificate when you get your puppy. What health tests have been done on the parents? You should be asking about hips & elbows, Cardiac/DCM, thyroid, eyes, liver, vwd. Have you asked about those or does the health certificate just mean the puppy has had it's shots?

I understand you are very excited about getting a puppy, I would be too if I was. It's easy to want a puppy because the price is lower than what you would get from a reputable breeder. What you are saving now, you will be spending (plus more) in vet bills later on.

Please save yourself the heartache and read thru this forum carefully on buying a puppy.

As far as crops go you can not go by price. A lower price does not mean quality. Personnally, I love cropped ears. But, I would rather have an uncropped dobe than one with a bad crop.

I have 2 dogs. My female is very well bred. My male is a rescue and poorly bred. I love them the same, but I do not have blinders on as to the health problems than can arise. You are very close to me. If you would like to see the difference, we could arrange a time to get together and you can see for yourself.

dobegirl is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobegirl For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), txsaphire (10-03-2009)
post #31 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
yes I did ask and was shown a clean bill of health for both the mom and dad, the mother was tested prior to breeding. I got some pictures (will post tomorrow) of the last dog that the cropper cropped, looks good! I cant wait. I really believe that these breeders are good and honest and the fact that it is the bitches first litter makes me feel even better!

Dobegirl - i would love to meet up soemtime, where are you located? I am in Sarasota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobegirl View Post
Ok, you've been told you will recieve a health certificate when you get your puppy. What health tests have been done on the parents? You should be asking about hips & elbows, Cardiac/DCM, thyroid, eyes, liver, vwd. Have you asked about those or does the health certificate just mean the puppy has had it's shots?

I understand you are very excited about getting a puppy, I would be too if I was. It's easy to want a puppy because the price is lower than what you would get from a reputable breeder. What you are saving now, you will be spending (plus more) in vet bills later on.

Please save yourself the heartache and read thru this forum carefully on buying a puppy.

As far as crops go you can not go by price. A lower price does not mean quality. Personnally, I love cropped ears. But, I would rather have an uncropped dobe than one with a bad crop.

I have 2 dogs. My female is very well bred. My male is a rescue and poorly bred. I love them the same, but I do not have blinders on as to the health problems than can arise. You are very close to me. If you would like to see the difference, we could arrange a time to get together and you can see for yourself.
jessedee is offline  
post #32 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Alpha
 
caramella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,277
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Dogs Name: Bella von Luka
Titles: laughter maker | love generator
Dogs Age: 6.27.08
Gallery Pics: 12
Visit caramella's Gallery
Thanks: 11,093
Thanked 11,551 Times in 3,840 Posts
Images: 12
                     
It is inappropriate to have a military crop on a Doberman. It's not something that you go bargain basement on.

Please become informed before you support the very reason why there is so much animal abuse.

If you were better informed you run as fast as you could from this breeder.

This is the very reason I hesitate to read the "I have a new puppy" threads. It's often heart breaking and I'm powerless. We give good advice and the OP disregards it and we get to watch the auto accident in slow motion.

About as fun as poking my eyes out with a sharp friggin' stick.



The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
caramella is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramella For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), Flipcandy (09-29-2013)
post #33 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
This is the crop that they are going to do, please see the picture - This is by the same vet who cropped them. Are you saying this is inappropriate?





Quote:
Originally Posted by caramella View Post
It is inappropriate to have a military crop on a Doberman. It's not something that you go bargain basement on.

Please become informed before you support the very reason why there is so much animal abuse.

If you were better informed you run as fast as you could from this breeder.

This is the very reason I hesitate to read the "I have a new puppy" threads. It's often heart breaking and I'm powerless. We give good advice and the OP disregards it and we get to watch the auto accident in slow motion.

About as fun as poking my eyes out with a sharp friggin' stick.
jessedee is offline  
post #34 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
jessedee is offline  
post #35 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Alpha
 
dobegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,205
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Bellatrix & Nato
Dogs Age: 2 & 5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobegirl's Gallery
Thanks: 2,403
Thanked 1,883 Times in 742 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedee View Post
yes I did ask and was shown a clean bill of health for both the mom and dad, the mother was tested prior to breeding. I got some pictures (will post tomorrow) of the last dog that the cropper cropped, looks good! I cant wait. I really believe that these breeders are good and honest and the fact that it is the bitches first litter makes me feel even better!

Dobegirl - i would love to meet up soemtime, where are you located? I am in Sarasota.
Clean bill of health, meaning what? Who was that from? Were the tests I mentioned before done? Again, please read this forum on buying a puppy completely.

I think you are blinding yourself with your excitement and setting yourself up for heartache. Caramella is right. If you read up on this forum and do some important research, you would run from these people.

I am in Palmetto.

dobegirl is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobegirl For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), lemon (10-02-2009)
post #36 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
So do you know them or something? I asked about each you asked about and they had documentation showing all was ok. I dont understand why you guys are quyick to judge. Dont get me wrong or anything but all Dobes need love. I drove up to New Port Richy to meet the dogs, the mother, father, and all the pups. I was impressed with the temperment and they looked great. How often do you actually get to do that. I feel better meeting the breeder, meeting the mother and father then just getting a dog shipped to me.

I may be wrong and maybe I am missing something. Unfortunatly i've alreayd paid for myt deposit and I am locked in to getting a wonderful dog. Can we debate nature vs. nurture with dogs?

Please tell me where i am going wrong. The only real thing I am concerned is to crop or not. :confused2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobegirl View Post
Clean bill of health, meaning what? Who was that from? Were the tests I mentioned before done? Again, please read this forum on buying a puppy completely.

I think you are blinding yourself with your excitement and setting yourself up for heartache. Caramella is right. If you read up on this forum and do some important research, you would run from these people.

I am in Palmetto.
jessedee is offline  
post #37 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Alpha
 
boogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,164
Dogs Name: Coco, Kobe

Gallery Pics: 3
Visit boogie's Gallery
Thanks: 5,496
Thanked 4,727 Times in 2,600 Posts
Images: 3
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to boogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedee View Post
So do you know them or something? I asked about each you asked about and they had documentation showing all was ok. I dont understand why you guys are quyick to judge. Dont get me wrong or anything but all Dobes need love. I drove up to New Port Richy to meet the dogs, the mother, father, and all the pups. I was impressed with the temperment and they looked great. How often do you actually get to do that. I feel better meeting the breeder, meeting the mother and father then just getting a dog shipped to me.

I may be wrong and maybe I am missing something. Unfortunatly i've alreayd paid for myt deposit and I am locked in to getting a wonderful dog. Can we debate nature vs. nurture with dogs?

Please tell me where i am going wrong. The only real thing I am concerned is to crop or not. :confused2

200 dollars for a ear crop I would not do it. Ever buy a pair of sunglasses from the dollar store? They don't work. Not to be rude but trying to save 400 dollars on ears is not where you want to save your money. Where you want to save your money is when you think long term. I think that you can get your deposit back though. The picture with the pups in the pool is all over the internet on different ads from different "breeders". So either they stole it...or other people are using the picture from your breeder.

I sure hope TO has a great game against you guys. GL.
boogie is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boogie For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), Kpablo (10-02-2009)
post #38 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
Haha - I have been to their home. I seen the pool so they are the original and people are stealing the pictures from them (this makes me feel better that people are using the pictures, they must like them) as a matter of fact you can go see the piucs , the breeders daughter is in the pic. anyway, the breeders are only charging me $200. they are using a reputable vet in New Port Richy. ANyway I am gonna post pics of the last crop let me know your thoughts spanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
200 dollars for a ear crop I would not do it. Ever buy a pair of sunglasses from the dollar store? They don't work. Not to be rude but trying to save 400 dollars on ears is not where you want to save your money. Where you want to save your money is when you think long term. I think that you can get your deposit back though. The picture with the pups in the pool is all over the internet on different ads from different "breeders". So either they stole it...or other people are using the picture from your breeder.

I sure hope TO has a great game against you guys. GL.
jessedee is offline  
post #39 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,658

Gallery Pics: 4
Visit autumnandkarma's Gallery
Thanks: 1,484
Thanked 2,203 Times in 1,004 Posts
Images: 4
                     
If it is to crop or not crop, and the only crop stlye you are thinking of is milatary, then don't crop.

Please don't.
autumnandkarma is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to autumnandkarma For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), caramella (10-02-2009), Kpablo (10-02-2009)
post #40 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
Okay I had the breeder send me pictures of how the breeder did her red boy. Please let me know your thoughts. Also - THey said this is military, does it look like it. This is how mine would look... Thamks in advance!




jessedee is offline  
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Alpha
 
Tricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,281
Location: Florida
Dogs Name: Kali and Cleo and Finnegan
Dogs Age: 4yrs and 14 years and 2 years
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit Tricia's Gallery
Thanks: 5,810
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,348 Posts
Images: 5
                     
I am going to show great restraint here and simply answer your question concerning the crop. A military crop is a shorter ear than most you will see. If that is the look you want then go for it. Most people prefer the show crop because it is more elegant. Not cropping is also an option and you only have to tape them down if you want to, again it is a personal preference. Most natural eared dobes hang just fine, some look like the flying nun. If you crop, don't just trust the breeder, you said yourself this is their first litter, talk to the vet yourself and get more examples of their work

I must add tho, very quickly, yes we all think every doberman deserves love. I am so tired of that argument....



Doberman Assistance Network Inc.

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. ~Albert Schweitzer
Tricia is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:
Kpablo (10-02-2009), pdubois64 (10-02-2009), thea2003 (11-04-2009)
post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Alpha
 
Kpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,612
Location: Dallas, Texas
Dogs Name: Louie CGC & Scooby
Dogs Age: 7/26/08 & 2/07
Gallery Pics: 8
Visit Kpablo's Gallery
Thanks: 13,839
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,121 Posts
Images: 8
                     
Send a message via AIM to Kpablo Send a message via Yahoo to Kpablo


I just don't understand why you came on the forum asking for opinions and such. *Note: Pet peeve thread*

IMMHO, this dog is not even an "okay" example of a Doberman, this dog is well...ugly. The crop is ugly as well.

Pictures of the dam?

I am guessing the sire was not proven in the ring. Health test?

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog." - by Charles Doran
Facebook & Website
Kpablo is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpablo For This Useful Post:
Abby (10-03-2009)
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Alpha
 
RaindanceIGs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 870
Location: Windham NY
Dogs Name: Dobes: Roxie, Layla, Jaden. IGs: Piper, Brooke, Halley, Gio, Tristan, Cassio, Aslan, Page, Karma
Titles: Dobe Roxie: Am/Can Ch. IGs: Many Am (and Can) Chs, one Field Champion/Dual Champion
Dogs Age: Dobes: 7 years, 18 months, 7 months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit RaindanceIGs's Gallery
Thanks: 304
Thanked 1,234 Times in 544 Posts
                     
"Clean bill of health" is NOT THE SAME AS HEALTH TESTING.

Please ask for proof of OFA tests (hips, elbows, thyroid), Heart testing (holter/ekg or echocardiogram), von willebrand's DNA test, CERF eye exam.

Please make sure you understand the difference between breed specific health testing for hereditary problems and just a 'check up at the vet.'

Yes all dobermans need love, but make sure that anyone you're giving money to is someone that is actually breeding healthy dogs. Even people who care about their dogs and their puppies can unknowingly breed dogs that end up being very unhealthy later in life...

Chelsea James

Raindance Dobes:
CH Marquis' I Am Arya
Raindance Genesis of Marquis

At the bridge:
CH Kalora's Ooh La La V Cheriden
CH Retaggios Starry Night (IG)

Raindance Italian Greyhounds:
CH Marlord-Rohan Poetic Justice CGC TDI
CH Raindance The Sky Is Falling
DC Raindance Acqua Di Gio SC FCH
CH Raindance Hello Darkness
CH Raindance Chasing The Wind
CH Raindance Mercier
CH Tebo Raindance Blame The Tequila


RaindanceIGs is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaindanceIGs For This Useful Post:
Abby (10-03-2009), brw1982 (10-15-2009)
post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM
SmellyPirateCootieQueen
 
BoxMeIn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,829
Location: Orlando, FL
Dogs Name: Rowdy and Disco
Titles: Not yet!
Dogs Age: 4 and 3
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit BoxMeIn21's Gallery
Thanks: 2,758
Thanked 2,898 Times in 1,254 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedee View Post
Okay I had the breeder send me pictures of how the breeder did her red boy. Please let me know your thoughts. Also - THey said this is military, does it look like it. This is how mine would look... Thamks in advance!




Ick. Personally I think that looks horrible.
BoxMeIn21 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BoxMeIn21 For This Useful Post:
Abby (10-03-2009)
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Alpha
 
Sizzledog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,001
Location: Central IA
Dogs Name: Kaylee, Poison, Stark

Gallery Pics: 52
Visit Sizzledog's Gallery
Thanks: 483
Thanked 12,432 Times in 1,963 Posts
Images: 52
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedee View Post
Okay I had the breeder send me pictures of how the breeder did her red boy. Please let me know your thoughts. Also - THey said this is military, does it look like it. This is how mine would look... Thamks in advance!




That is perhaps one of the saddest crops I've seen in a very long time... and I see a lot of sad crops.

BIMBS MBAIMBS U-CH Kaylee BN RN CAX TT CGC TDI
MBIMBS U-CH Poison AX AXJ CAA
CH Aura's Iron Man CAA, a.k.a Stark
Sizzledog is offline  
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Big Dog
 
jessedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dogs Name: Dexter and Miah
Dogs Age: Pup
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit jessedee's Gallery
Thanks: 73
Thanked 56 Times in 24 Posts
Images: 2
     
It is very similar to your dogs. Do you feel that way about your dog too. Sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzledog View Post
That is perhaps one of the saddest crops I've seen in a very long time... and I see a lot of sad crops.
jessedee is offline  
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
SmellyPirateCootieQueen
 
BoxMeIn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,829
Location: Orlando, FL
Dogs Name: Rowdy and Disco
Titles: Not yet!
Dogs Age: 4 and 3
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit BoxMeIn21's Gallery
Thanks: 2,758
Thanked 2,898 Times in 1,254 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedee View Post
It is very similar to your dogs. Do you feel that way about your dog too. Sad?
That crop is hardly the same as Sizzle's dogs...
BoxMeIn21 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoxMeIn21 For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), lemon (10-03-2009)
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,763

Gallery Pics: 83
Visit Like A Boxer's Gallery
Thanks: 8,255
Thanked 6,928 Times in 2,774 Posts
Images: 83
                     
I wouldn't pay $20 for that crop, let alone $200. It's a dog we're talking here, not a case of soda on sale at Walmart.
Like A Boxer is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Like A Boxer For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (10-15-2009), caramella (10-03-2009)
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Alpha
 
caramella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,277
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Dogs Name: Bella von Luka
Titles: laughter maker | love generator
Dogs Age: 6.27.08
Gallery Pics: 12
Visit caramella's Gallery
Thanks: 11,093
Thanked 11,551 Times in 3,840 Posts
Images: 12
                     
This is why it is so important to do your homework before you buy a Doberman.

It's just like any other high maintenance sport or activity you may have a desire to become involved in.

If you can't afford to do it, PROPERLY, then you really can't afford to do it all.

Maybe, when you are better financially able to afford to do Right by any animal you bring into your family, would be a better time to do so.

It just doesn't sound like you are quite prepared, both information wise and financially.

You don't want to make a cropping decision based on the cheapest procedure you can find. That's not the appropriate primary concern.

Please reconsider your decisions as they appear to be short sighted and not in the best interest of the breed or for this individual puppy.



The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
caramella is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to caramella For This Useful Post:
Q734 (02-18-2010)
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
 
greenkouki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,945
Location: SC

Gallery Pics: 77
Visit greenkouki's Gallery
Thanks: 19,808
Thanked 30,782 Times in 9,919 Posts
Images: 77
                     
Click here to find out how greenkouki became a supporter
Okay y'all, we all know what the answers will be in regards to health testing. I will add my .02 and just say that this is not a breeder I would ever consider supporting. Litters like this are a direct cause for the pet overpopulation problem and why millions of dogs end up in rescue groups or are euthanized each year in shelters. If the breeder is not going to go through with all the proper health testing prior to breeding, is not having the ears properly cropped, and is likely not going to do any sort of follow up with the new puppy owners, it shows to me that there is no real concern for the pups existence after they are placed in their new homes. This lack of care, concern, and education leads to puppies getting placed in the wrong type of home or puppy buyers neglecting to spay/neuter their pets and letting them breed (whether it be accidental or on purpose).

Jesse, I just really hope if you go through with this deal at the very minimum your pup will be neutered and can live a happy healthy life with you. I'm not trying to scare you away from the forum or infer that you are a "bad person" for getting yourself into this situation, but this is sort of the hard truth about what you're about to do. If you need help finding a reputable doberman breeder there is a lot of information on this website as well as the DPCA.org site. Folks on DT will gladly help you with your search for a reputable breeder. Good luck!
greenkouki is online now  
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome